Cheap flights to Nepal
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 473.12
Nepal is an ancient country with a lot of history. You will be astonished to know that people have been living here for over eleven thousand years! Now it is a very popular tourist attraction mainly among trekkers and hikers. It is also home to Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world. The country has a lot more to offer and at some times of the year, the number of tourists entering the country can be pretty high. This being a landlocked country, the most suitable way to arrive is by air. Finding Flights to Nepal requires some research and planning in advance, since there are hardly any direct ones landing here.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Nepal
when is the best time to book flights to nepal?
Generally, Nepal encounters five seasons in a year; summer, monsoon, autumn, winter and spring. Well, it solely depends on your interests which make any time of the year the best time to visit Nepal for you. Autumn is considered to be the relatively ideal time for hikers and trekkers in the dry and clear months of October and November. As it arrives just after the monsoon, it has already rejuvenated the lush vegetation which is also a sight for the sore eyes. The natural terrain and emerald landscapes are idyllic for the photographers as well. Being in the high ranges of the Himalayas, Nepal has a generally cold climate which offers fascinating culture shock as soon as you step in the most diverse land of colours and life. Furthermore, it is suggested to keep an eye on the cheap flight tickets beforehand in order to avoid expensive deals. Acquiring cheap flight to Nepal can be somewhat difficult because large number of tourists is making their way to Nepal during this time of the year so reserve your ticket in time.Off-peak Season:
The latest trend reveals that experienced globe-trotters and budget-wise travellers prefer off-peak season to venture into the Nepal. Owing to this stance, winter (December –February) is the best time to spot on the cheap flights to Nepal. It is suggested to book your flights in advance to avoid any steep prices. Although temperature is quite low and very few visitors would be exploring the country, but it will also let you get fascinated with the most panoramic views and peaceful trekking routes which are also less-crowded.
which airlines operate flights to nepal?
- Jet Airways (9W) via Delhi or Mumbai
- Air India (AI) via Delhi or Mumbai
- Malaysia Airlines (MH) via Kuala Lumpur
- Qatar Airways (QR) via Doha
- Thai Airways (TG) via Bangkok
- Turkish Airlines (TK) via Istanbul
- Etihad Airways (EY) via Abu Dhabi
- Oman Air (WY) via Muscat
- China Southern Airlines (CZ) via Guangzhou
how long is the flight to nepal from uk?
- Heathrow to Nepal (KTM) via Delhi: 12 hours and 20 minutes
- Heathrow to Nepal (Tribhuvan International Airport) via Muscat: 12 hours and 45 minutes
- Heathrow to Nepal (Kathmandu) via Istanbul: 14 hours and 5 minutes
- Manchester to Nepal (Kathmandu) via Muscat: 12 hours and 50 minutes
- Birmingham to Nepal via Delhi: 12 hours and
- London Gatwick to Nepal (KTM) via Istanbul: 15 hours and 20 minutes
what is the baggage allowance of different airlines flying from uk to nepal?
- With Star Alliance member, Air India, you can carry 2 pieces of 23kg each on Economy Class and 3 pieces of 23kg each are allowed in Business and First Class.
- Following the general baggage allowance principles, Jet Airways allows you to check in with 2 pieces of 23 kg each in Economy Class, 2 pieces of 32kg each in Premium Economy Class and 3 pieces of 32 kg each are allowed in Business Class.
- On UK-Nepal route, Qatar Airways announces baggage allowances to be 30 kg for passengers in Economy Class, 40 kg in Business Class and 50 kg in First Class.
- On flights with Etihad Airways, you are allowed to check in with 2 bags up to 23 kg each on flight from the UK to Nepal. And, Business and First Class passengers are privileged to carry 2 bags of 32kg each.
- Turkish Airlines allows 20 kg checked in baggage allowance to the Economy Class travellers while 30 kg checked in baggage is approved for the Business Class.
- With Oman Air, you can travel with 1 bag weighing up to 30kg in Economy Class. If you are travelling with award winning Business Class, then 1 additional bag of 20kg is also allowed along with 1 bag of 30kg.
- Malaysia Airlines allows you to get on board with 30 kg in Economy Class, 40 kg in Business Class and 50 kg in First Class.
No, there is no direct flight currently being offered from UK to Nepal but you can always get your hands on the one stop flight with brief stopover duration.
- Heathrow to Nepal (Kathmandu)
- Jet Airways: flight connections are operated on daily basis.
- Air India: Monday -Sunday
- China Southern Airlines: Flights are available all the seven days of the week.
- Malaysia Airlines: One-stop flight is always available for the travellers who opt to make a stopover at Kuala Lumpur.
- Qatar Airways: Flight operates on UK-Nepal route without any interruption in daily basis.
- Thai Airways: Daily flight connections are available.
- Turkish Airlines: it also operates daily frequencies for Nepal.
- Oman Air: Through all the seven days of the week.
- Manchester to Nepal (Kathmandu)
- Oman Air: daily flight connections are available.
- Qatar Airways: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Turkish Airlines: Monday-Sunday
- Etihad Airways: All the seven days of the week
- Birmingham to Nepal (Kathmandu)
- Air India: Flights are available from Monday to Sunday.
- Qatar Airways: It also facilitates passengers on regular flights throughout the week.
- Turkish Airlines: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- London Gatwick to Nepal (Kathmandu)
- Turkish Airlines: Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Tuesday.
There is only one international airport close to Kathmandu in Nepal, which is currently catering to international flights from UK i.e. Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM)
Trekking is one of the main reasons many travellers flock to Nepal throughout the year. Annapura Region winds up to exhilarating hiking routes. Not only it offers breath-taking sight seeing opportunities but also considered as the much preferred point for capturing great shots to fuel your photographic passion. Yet another famous “Lnagtang Region” captures great share of trek-lovers on its natural terrain. Equipped with variety of high passes and stunning mountain scenic views, Pokhara is doorway to Himalayas. A pleasant climactic condition is another plus point that makes many tourists resort to this magnificent place.
Another place of exquisite attraction to the history-buffs all over the world, Kathmandu, has countless point of interests to offer. The ancient city has been around for thousands of years. It is one of the three royal cities with the other two being Bhaktapur and Patan. . Located on a hilltop west of Kathmandu, Swayambhunath otherwise known as the monkey temple is considered to be the second most important shrine in Kathmandu. The Swayambhu Stupa painted with eyes is the main attraction of the area. Moreover, one can view the whole city from all sides of the temple. The views here are pretty spectacular.
Apart from trekking, this place has a wildlife safari feeling to it. The area is at a height of 1400 meters making it lower than Kathmandu. Therefore, the area has tropical monsoon climate. Tours can either be on foot or elephants. The park is home to leopards, Bengal tigers, deer, sloth bears and rhinos. Moreover, there are 500 species of birds living in the area.
Landing off your cheap flights to Nepal, you can jump on to countless attractions and they are all in very different regions. Since tourism is the biggest industry of the country, there is no shortage of hotels of all categories. So it really depends on where you intend to go. Here are some hotels in major areas which have received fairly positive reviews.
- Hotel Tibet International
- The Waterfront Resort Hotel
- The Landmark Forest Park Hotel
Nepal offers a unique combination of cultural and adventurous experiences. So pack your togs, hiking gear and head out for an adventure-packed trip with our carefully picked economical flights to Nepal. And another never-expiring tip for cheap flight to Nepal, don’t forget to plan months ahead and book your seats as soon as your plan is finalized.