Cheap flights to Fort Myers
Cheapest price to Fort Myers
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 331.22
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Fort Myers
Which airlines offer flights from UK to Fort Myers?
- Delta Air Lines
- Virgin Atlantic
- United Airlines
How long is the trip to Fort Myers from the UK?
- Delta offers an eleven-hour flight to Fort Myers from London Heathrow. These flights have only one stopover, which could be at Detroit or New York.
- The trip from Manchester to Fort Myers comes with one or two stops, and this depends on the airline you choose for your travels. The journey is 13 hours long with a stopover in Europe and the other in the United States.
- Most flights taking off from Birmingham to Fort Myers are 14 hours long with just two stops. Usually, the first layover is in Amsterdam, and the second one is in Atlanta.
- It takes fourteen hours to get to Fort Myers from London Gatwick Airport. Most flights have just one stopover in Canada or the United States.
Are there any direct flights between United Kingdom and Fort Myers?
No direct flights are being offered to Fort Myers from any airport in the UK. Most passengers prefer booking a Delta flight to Fort Myers as they are the cheapest of the lot and come with brief stopovers. The trip is only 11 hours long, and the stops usually do not exceed more than two hours or so. Please call our agents at 020 3137 1339 to book a two-way ticket to Fort Myers and plan a cheap vacation to this part of Florida.
Cheap Flights to Fort Myers with Delta Air Line
Delta offers an array of flights that connect Fort Myers with the UK. British passengers flying from different cities in the United Kingdom often choose Delta for their affordability and short travel timings. For simplicity, we are focusing on just a flight route starting from London Heathrow. Delta 19 takes passengers every day at 1:30 PM and lands at Detroit at 4:30 PM EDT. After a brief pause, the passengers are boarded onto another Delta 2868 to get to Fort Myers. This half of the journey is 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Fort Myers?
The cheapest time to come to Fort Myers is in May. Of course, there are other months of the year when the tourist traffic dwindles, but that is due to extreme weather conditions. Not only does it rain heavily in Fort Myers during June to September months, but there is also a significant chance of hurricanes and tropical storms in the region. Planning a vacation during the summer is a risk that could get you even cheaper rates and fees, but the weather can turn without a moment’s notice. It is therefore advisable to visit Fort Myers in May for a slightly less expensive and safe vacation.
Is there a major international airport in Fort Myers?
Southwest International Airport (RSW) is the closest major airport to Fort Myers. Taking the Interstate 75 due north, the tourist can get to the Villa Francisco area from the airport in 25 minutes – just a 27-kilometre car drive. About 9 million passengers choose to travel through Southwest International every year. Recently, the airport had a makeover, and new safety standards were implemented. The LeeTran transit bus network connects the airport with other parts of the Lee County in Florida.
A second small airport known as Page Field (FMY) is designated as a ‘reliever airport’ for the Southwest International. Page Field is used when the primary airport is running at full capacity and cannot deal with the air traffic in the high season.
What is the best time to visit Fort Myers?
Even though the temperature remains pleasant in the summers, Fort Myers and the rest of Florida can get much rain. Therefore, it is best to visit the city from November to April to avoid the rainy season. During this period, the mid-day temperatures remain above 25°C. The nearby Caloosahatchee River and the Gulf of Mexico play an important part in dictating the weather patterns in Fort Myers. Please also note that the accommodation prices and airfares increase during this time as well. Your best chance for having an affordable trip to Fort Myers is by calling our agents at least four months in advance.
What are the major landmarks in Fort Myers?
Fort Myers was found after the American Civil War, by a mailman who used to travel along the coast delivering mail to the Union Soldiers. After the War, the city grew into what it is today, with many building, mansions and landmarks giving Fort Myers its identity.
- Edison and Ford Winter Estates contain a vast collection of exotic plants. Thomas Edison and Henry Ford were American inventors and industrialists who purchased these properties. Later these estates were made into botanical gardens for research and recreation. Visitors to these botanical gardens get a tour through the 20-acre property including the 1928 Botanical Laboratory that Thomas Edison built to discover a homegrown variety of rubber trees. The Estates also has a museum of botany in its limits.
- Manatee Park is one of the most visited destinations in Fort Myers. The warm coastal water around Fort Myers attracts the Manatee, especially in the summers. These pillows of blubber glide through the water and bring their calves along. Manatees are also called sea cows, and there are information boards in the park explaining their feeding habits and behaviours. Even if there are no manatees, the park is kept in pristine condition and is quite popular with the locals and nature lovers.
- Lakes Regional Park or Lakes Park on Gladiolus Drive has human-made freshwater pools. Wildlife has sprung around the lakes, and the birds often nest in the reeds and shrubbery on the lake edges. The Lakes Park also has running and biking tracks. Adjacent to the lakes, there is the Train Village that displays a full-size locomotive and many miniature railway engines used by the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Fort Myers?
In January, Fort Myers Seafood Musical festival is stormed by hungry connoisseur craving for oysters and prawns and of course, some alcohol. The event is equally exciting for vegetarians and music lovers. Edison festival of lights in mid-February involves floats carrying clowns, dancers and street performers. The Annual Southwest Florida & Lee County Fair is a family-oriented fair that introduces the visitor to the American farm. There are farm animals and awarding winning pumpkins at the festival. Cape Coral CoCoNut festival is a large water splash party in November.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Fort Myers?
Fort Myers is perfect for those who love to use the bicycle everywhere they go. The city is flat as a board, so there is less strain on the thighs when cycling. Beware of the showers that surprise cyclists in the middle of their travels and invest in a raincoat. LeeTrans are local bus services that crisscross the town, transferring passengers from one part of the city to the next. Ridesharing mobile applications like Uber are a cheap alternative to the many modes of transport in the city.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Fort Myers?
There are not many five star hotels in Fort Myers. However, four-star hotels prove to be quiet comfortable. They are economical and provide all most all amenities five-star hotels extend. Please pick one of the hotels presented in the list for a safe and comfortable stay in Fort Myers.
- Pink Shell Beach Resort and Marina
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
- Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- Villa Coral Escape Completely Tastefully
- Villa Candy by Pretty Cape Homes