Cheap flights to Augusta
Look for the best airfares for flights flying to Augusta, Georgia, by using our comprehensive search engine. All you need to do is type 'Augusta Flights' in the search tab, enter your intended dates of departure and return and your preferred flight route i.e. direct or indirect and press the search button. The results will show you a comprehensive list of all of the leading airlines flying to Augusta with airfares, so you can compare to get the best deal available.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Augusta 2020/2021
Which Airlines operate flights to Augusta Ga?
- British Airways
- Delta Airlines
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines
How long does it take to get from London to Augusta?
An average flight to Augusta is likely to consume a minimum of 12 hours and 25 minutes when departure takes place from Heathrow airport in the UK. Flight durations are expected to vary in accordance with the stopover duration.
Which is the preferred flight route for flights to Augusta?
Augusta, the city of Georgia, does not have an international airport, even though British Airways, KLM, Virgin Atlantic and Air France have connecting flights to the city. The closest international airport to Augusta is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ALT), in Atlanta, Georgia. After a change of flight from there, one can land in Augusta at the Augusta Regional Airport (AGS). The local airport of Augusta has two runways, decently built for domestic flights.
Another international airport that can connect Augusta to the rest of the world is the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) in North Carolina.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Augusta?
The cheapest time to travel to Augusta is in June when the summer is bearing down on the city. People tend to visit the city less in the hot and humid summers, which makes the prices of the airfare a little cheaper at that time.
What are the entry requirements to Augusta for British travellers?
UK passport holders can enter the United States under the VWP or Visa Waiver Program. There are, however, certain conditions that need to be met before the travel.
Please ensure that your UK passport describes you as a 'British Citizen'. You are required to use an ePassport, that contains a microchip with the information of the individual and you must be attested by ESTA (Electronic System of Travel Authorization). It is important that you have a no or negligible criminal history. You must also not be a dual national of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria, nor should you have had travelled to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen, since March 2011. The customs agent could ask you to prove how you would fund yourself while you are in the country.
What is the best time to visit Augusta?
The best time to visit between mid-March and mid-May. Temperatures can soar up to 35°C in June, so it becomes a little too hot and humid for a relaxed vacation. Also, between March and May, there are few chances for rains.
What are the major landmarks in Augusta?
Augusta is one of those cities that truly offers you the very best of the Southern fare. This is one of Georgia's oldest cities that not only lets you unravel Georgia's exquisite charm but also offers you an amazing and captivating ride exploring its history, culture, the exotic arts and the stunning beauty of its famed Riverwalk.
- The Sacred Heart Cultural centre is a 19th-century church in the middle of Augusta. In many ways, it has become the cultural hub of the city, representing the history of the city and the faith of its inhabitants. The church is in excellent condition and is often the site for many marriages. The cultural centre also has a small museum in which old items of the church are kept.
- Augusta Museum of History has the answers to every great question. The exhibits begin to explain everything; from prehistory to modern day marvels to the Revolutionary and American Civil War and to the James Brown tributes. It is a great way to absorb some education, to relate to the American heart and to feel the roots and values of Augusta.
- The Savannah Rapids Visitor Centre is a calming place to be. The centre is at the headwork of the Augusta canal that comes out of the Savannah River. You can take a walk with your family, in the playground and have a picnic with the Savannah River gushing on your left and the canal singing on your right.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Augusta?
Augusta seeks to indulge you in a rejuvenating kayak ride down the Augusta Canal, explore the unparalleled beauty of Sacred Heart Cultural Center and be inspired by Augusta's range of classic art galleries and astounding museums.
- If you are a fan of golf, then Augusta already has a special place in your heart. There are four major golf championships in the USA. One of them is the Masters Tournament that starts from the second Sunday of April. The golf grounds are well taken care of since they house a great chunk of the history of golf. Watch grown men tear up as they walk on the very grounds greats like Rory, Polter, Casey, Langer, and Fowler swung their putters on.
- Once you are done with golfing on the ground it is time to start kayaking in the water. Enter the Benderdinker festival that begins on the last Saturday of April. There are 4 zones to compete in the competition and participants can choose either to take the river or the canal as the quickest way to the finish line. At the festival music, food and lawn games go on side by side. It truly is the best family event in Augusta.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Augusta?
Augusta is a little city but has a great road network. Alberta does not need any subways and mass transit systems. The bus network is adequate and makes the city more than accessible. There are a total of 9 routes of buses in the city, moving like clockwork. As always, the taxi can be the best way around the city.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Augusta?
There are plenty of safe and convenient options when it comes to deciding where to stay in Augusta. The city boasts a number of not only top rated hotels but also ones that are well within your budget.
Some are as follows:
- Hyatt Place Augusta
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta Gordon Highway
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Augusta West
- Hilton Garden Inn Augusta
- Plan a tour of the historic downtown that boasts a number of exquisite monuments and the city's finest attractions.
- Bee's Knees Tapas restaurant is one of Augusta's top ranked restaurants that serve some of the most scrumptious meals. A must try for everyone visiting Augusta city. There is also a large bar area serving some of the finest drinks.
- Try Nacho Mama's when in Augusta for some of the best Mexican burritos that you will ever have the pleasure of tasting.
- For a great time that is well within your budget limits, head to the Joe's Underground Café.
- Try Augusta's indulgent fusion cuisine at Tako Sushi. This is particularly popular amongst the locals and is definitely a must try.