Cheap flights to Victoria
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Victoria 2020/2021
Which airlines operate flights to Victoria?
- Air Canada
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Air France
- Delta Airlines
Can I get a non-stop flight to Victoria from the UK?
No airlines fly direct from the UK to Victoria as of now. You can catch a connecting flight from all major UK cities. Departures are available from Birmingham, Southampton, London, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Cardiff. One-stop flights are available from London.
How long is the flight from the UK to Victoria?
- The shortest flight from Southampton to Victoria International is around 16 hrs. long
- Bristol BRS to YYJ takes 15 hrs. 45 min, with two stops.
- A short flight from Edinburgh to YYJ takes 15 hrs. 10 min, via LHR
- Glasgow GLA to Victoria YYJ takes 15 hrs. 44 min on average
- From Manchester MAN to Victoria takes 15 hrs. on average with two stops
- Cardiff CWL to YYJ takes around 16 hrs. 30 min
- Flight durations are subject to change depending upon departure cities and length of layovers.
What is the time duration for London to Victoria flights?
- There are no direct flights between London and Victoria
- London and Victoria are about 4,750 miles apart
- The shortest connecting flight from LHR takes 12 hrs. 10 min on average with one layover
- From LGW to YYJ takes 14 hrs. 30 min via Calgary YYC
- The shortest flight from London City airport to YYJ takes around 14hrs. 45 min, with two stops; one via YVR
- Departures are available from Heathrow, Gatwick, London City, Southend, and Stansted airports
- Flight times may vary according to routes and extent of stopovers.
What is the cheapest time to book flights to Victoria from the UK?
For those travellers seeking to utilize the maximum time spent in Victoria, the summer months are the best time to visit. Although this is the peak season, temperatures are favourable and average around 23 degrees Celsius. The off-season months are between Dec to March when winter is at its peak. Temperatures fall well below 9 degrees Celsius, and tourists are scarce. As it rains frequently, outdoor activities are limited.
Expert opinion suggests that flying in the less crowded months will ensure the best airfares. It is also smart to travel in between seasonal transitions, and with flexible dates. The best time to visit would be in spring (March to May) or fall (September to November) to make the most of your trip. Though if you have a winter vacation planned, it’s possible to get cheap airfares in the first quarter of the year.
How much does a return ticket cost for a London to Victoria flight?
Prices fluctuate at all times and must be checked frequently. When booked during the off-season, airfares are much more reasonable than peak tourist times. As of March 2020, a return ticket from LGW is available at around 410 pounds. Travelling during the holidays can also be quite expensive, so it is wise to prepare ahead of time. The Travelhouseuk team suggests at least a three-week early booking for reasonable fares.
Cheap flights to Victoria with WestJet:
One of the most preferred airlines, WestJet, offers premium value deals when flying to Victoria. Almost 3 to 5 flights depart from London Gatwick every day. Also, WestJet provides exclusive airfares for round-trip flights. A return flight from LGW to YYJ, is available at 426 pounds in March 2020, for economy class. Calgary YYC serves as one of the default stopovers for WestJet flights originating from London. An average trip from LGW takes around 13 hrs to complete. Fares are subject to fluctuations according to seasonal trends and the number of stops. It is vigilant to pre-book your seats to get maximum benefit. Be on the lookout for limited airfare offers.
Can I get a Business Class flight to Victoria from London?
Yes, Business Class flights are available with WestJet, Air Canada, and Virgin Atlantic. As they provide extra services to passengers, they cost more too. When travelling for work, or with family, Business Class provides the much-needed comfort and respite during long-haul flights. Worth the value, you get extra leg-room, baggage space, and superior service. Booking at the optimum times can get you a good deal, particularly during low-traffic months. As of Mar 2020, WestJet is providing a Business Class flight at 2,200 pounds from London Gatwick, with one stopover.
How can I get a low-cost flight to Victoria with Travelhouseuk?
The extensive experience of the Travelhouseuk team enables them to cross-reference the best travel times with premium airline services. Our guys bring to you market competitive airfares and best deals for economic round trip flights. Whether it’s holiday travel or last-minute flying, we create your itinerary suited to your every need. If you have a preference for an airline, our team recommends booking several weeks ahead of time to get your selection of seats. As airfares are ever-changing, it’s essential for today’s smart traveller to stay updated on limited time offers. Keep in touch with us through our social channels, or call our hotline now to get the early bird discount. Travelhouseuk is open 24 hrs a day to chalk out your dream vacation, just the way you like.
What are the most popular connecting cities on flights to Victoria from the UK?
A pleasant stopover is the first choice for frequent fliers, who know its real value. Long-haul flights cause heavy jet-lag, and the only relaxation you get is during a layover or stopover. As is the nature of all flight connections, a lot of time is spent transferring from one city to another. The modern traveller is savvy to all the popular destinations and knows how to select the best routes to make their trip memorable. If you can turn your short stay into another vacation entirely, it’s the cherry on top of the cake. As all flights to Victoria from the UK are catered by connecting cities and airlines, layovers are inevitable. The top choices include:
LHR: For nearly all flights from the UK, London Heathrow serves as a default connecting airport. You can kick back, relax, or even shower at the exclusive airport lounges. Visit the majestic art gallery, or taste the mouthwatering British cuisine. Don’t forget to visit the historical sites if you have more time to spend. What’s a visit to London without some sightseeing?
AMS: The beautiful Amsterdam is often the traveller’s top choice. The vast airport library is open 24 hrs long, and a break at the fitness spa can wipe away all your worries. International gourmet cuisine and famous art galleries apart; be sure to take the canal tour of the city when you pass through.
YYC: Calgary International airport provides delectable Canadian delights, artisanal stores, a duty-free, and a wellness spa. You can even visit the interactive space museum here. If you’re tired and in need of a nap, the airport is equipped with its very own hotel.
What is the fastest way to get to Victoria Airport from the city?
Victoria International Airport caters to all UK flights and is coded as YYJ. An airport shuttle service is available along with hotel shuttle services as well, which operate almost every half hour. The YYJ airport is at a distance of 26 km from downtown Victoria and is about 30 minutes away by car. Driving or getting a taxi is the preferred and quickest option to travel.
What are the transport options in Victoria?
- You can walk around the downtown areas that are all connected within a 30 minutes distance.
- A bicycle tour is also available for people who want to explore on their own.
- The BC Transit bus connects most of Victoria to downtown. From the airport to downtown Victoria takes around 2.5 CAD for a one-way trip. You can also get a day pass.
- Regular ferries connect the Inner harbour and other significant points to Victoria and its surroundings
- You can get a taxi from the airport in around 50 CAD to the city centre, which takes about 30 minutes
- Rental cars are available from the airport at a 24-hr notice.
- Tour buses provide hop on hop off services to all major locations in the city.
What are the best hotels near Victoria International Airport?
- Travelodge by Wyndham Victoria
- Coles Bay vacation retreat
- Abigail’s hotel
- Oak Bay Beach hotel
- Happy Traveller Suite
- The Cedarwood Inn and Suites
- Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel
What are the top tourist attractions in Victoria?
- Ghostly castles and neighbourhoods bike tours
- Visit the Royal BC museum
- Seaplane and Ferry ride of Victoria
- See the Victoria Burchart Gardens
- Craigdarroch castle
- Cowichan Valley wine tour
- Shop at the Victoria Public Market at the Hudson