Australia - UK flight route is the most lucrative in the world. Many airlines compete on this route to bring cheaper and quicker flights to their customers and try to dominate the market. This, in turn, produces more competition and provides travellers with more options. The flights with only one stopover are supplied by British Airways and Qantas at Sydney airport, Singapore Airlines in Singapore and by Air New Zealand at Auckland’s Airport. Other airlines offer two stopovers, for example, an Emirates flight lays over at Dubai after taking off from an airport in the UK and then stops at Melbourne before continuing to Gold Coast. Other popular stopovers include Doha and Shanghai.
No, as of right now there are no direct flights to Gold Coast from any airport in the United Kingdom. The best flight route most passengers take to go to this city in Queensland, Australia is the direct flight from London Heathrow Airport to Sydney and then a domestic flight to Gold Coast’s international airport.
May and June are the slowest times, along with January and February. May and June exhibit an exception in the overall busy season because of the low temperatures. The low temperatures keep the tourists away, who are in search of the healing sunlight and warmth. However, the window is small since tourists begin to come to the city by the thousands from early July as the temperatures start to get warmer. In January and February, travellers are on the way out of the town after spending the vacations in Gold Coast. The accommodation prices and airfares also come down during this time. If you do not mind a bit of a chill, come to the Gold Coast in June for extremely low price tags.
The runway of the Gold Coast International Airport (OOL) receives all the flights coming to the city. The airport is also close to Brisbane, so in rare circumstances when Brisbane Airport is closed, Gold Coast Airport also entertains the twin city’s air traffic as well. The airport is only 30 kilometres from the Gold Coast city centre; a journey that is covered via the M1 highway in twenty minutes. There is a steady increase in the number of passengers using the airport with six and a half million travellers moving through its gates last year.
Australia resides in the southern atmosphere, so the weather patterns are reversed in the land down under. They experience their warmest temperatures in December and have winter in June. Any time from April to November is a great season to visit Gold Coast. The temperatures during this time are a bit on the cooler side, but it is the driest time of the year. During these months the temperature varies significantly, and they can slide down to 22°C in the night to 28°C in the day. It is, therefore, best to plan a vacation to Gold Coast in the shoulder months of this season when the variation between the temperatures is not as substantial. However, expect more rain showers if you intend to come to the city in May or September as compared to June. It is also the busiest time of the year, and the hotel rooms and fights might not be available if you plan a last minute trip. Get to our agents a bit ahead of time to streamline and set plans in concrete.
A metropolitan region located on the east coast of Australia, Gold Coast is known for its sandy white beaches that bring along huge waves that are perfect for surfing. Known to be one of the most beautiful places in Australia, the Gold Coast is not just a city that provides shopping havens, beachfront esplanade, entertainment hubs and wilderness exploration.
- From flying on hot air balloons at the Ballooning & O’ Reilly’s Vineyard to indulging in a thrilling Go-Karting experience at famous Australia’s Kingston Park Raceway. Gold Coast is not short on exciting activities. Sunshine and an endless playfield is the ultimate definition of a sandy beach. One gets to choose from the 57-kilometre coastline that provides its visitors to catch the highest waves for surfing. The Snapper Rocks and the Burleigh Heads are known to attract the best waves because of which this is the best destination for surfers.
- Discover the world of whales as you are provided with the opportunity to watch them up close. Head over to the Hervey Bay where all these whales reside and get to watch them swimming. Enjoying this whale watching experience is one of the best features of the Gold Coast’s wildlife. The Hervey Bay provides the ideal conditions for humpbacks to teach the art of survival to their newborns before they can set off to migrate. Although Brisbane and other places offer Whale Watching opportunities too; however, the Gold Coast has the perfect spot for indulging in this thrilling activity.
- A grand theme park, home to over 40 rides is the perfect getaway place for those who are looking to escape their worries by screaming, as one of the fastest roller coasters makes your day. Get wet and beat the summer heat is the largest water park called the Wet n Wild. Splash into a world full of fun and adventure, and hop on to these extreme water slides. It is the perfect place to head over to when the temperature gets warmer and spend some quality time with your children and loved ones.
Gold Coast Airport offers many comfortable and convenient transport options for the arriving passengers. The Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle provides a transport service from the airport to the doorstep of your accommodation, and it is convenient and among the cheaper options to reach the city centre. A comparatively more expensive option is hailing a taxicab. Taxis can be summoned from the taxi rank located outside the terminal of the airport. Bus service to and from the airport is being operated TransLink’s public transport network. Bus 777 also connects the airport to the South Broadbeach. Get a hold of the Go Card from the airport's tourist information desk to avail cheaper fares for the buses.
The Gold Coast Light Rail Trams offers one of the quickest and most convenient options of getting around as it covers an extensive segment of the city. Trams run from 5:00 am until midnight every 7 to 10 minutes except on Friday and Saturday nights. A number of some of the internationally acclaimed car rental company offices are also located at the Gold Coast Airport. Renting a car is a more suitable option if your stay in Gold Coast is for an extended period.
Gold Coast boasts an extensive range of accommodation options guaranteed to suit all tastes and budget preferences. For those seeking to splurge on their accommodation, Gold Coast will have no short of options. From luxurious hotels, customised boutique hotels, apartments, ocean-side accommodation properties to high-end resorts and secluded mountain villas, Gold Coast surely knows how to make your stay a memorable one.
- Meriton Suites Broadbeach
- Sheraton Grande Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
- RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast
- Peppers Broadbeach
- QT Gold Coast