Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Darwin
Darwin is just the perfect place for anyone longing to explore Australia's rich tropical paradise of the northern territory, their exquisitely fascinating culture, the extraordinary history dating back to World War 2, and not to mention, the city's charming vibe. Darwin has long captivated the hearts of not only tourists from across the globe but also locals seeking a relaxing and fun vacation destination in Australia.
So explore the stunning beauty of the tropical parklands, unravel the thrill and sensation that lurks in Darwin's waterfront, get up-close and personal with the famed crocodiles of the region at Crocosaurus Cove, explore the stunning aboriginal art and the fascinating history showcased in the number of beautiful art galleries and museums, and indulge in the city's exotic culture, all this and a whole lot more is what awaits you in the city of Darwin. But what's a perfect holiday without some beach action right? Darwin is also home to some of Australia's finest beaches making it just the ideal holiday destination for all the beach lovers.
Darwin International Airport is located approximately 12 km from mainland Darwin city.
Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Qantas are some of the major airlines flying to Darwin city from the UK.
- Darwin International Airport offers a number of modes of travelling to the mainland city. Taxi ranks are readily available at the exit terminal and will cost around 15 to 18 pounds to reach Darwin city.
- Darwin Airport shuttle service is also one of the most reliable, convenient and comparatively cheaper modes of travelling to the city. The airport shuttle services offer transport services to and from the airport and to all the major hotel accommodations of the city.
- Darwin has many famed attractions on the outskirts of the city, so renting a car from the airport's car rentals is advised for those seeking to travel beyond the city of Darwin. Limousines can also be booked in advance.
British Citizens and British National Overseas are required to apply for ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) which is similar to an eVisitor visa. Both allow entry into Australia for 3 months. You are also required to be in possession of a valid passport that does not expire at least for six months further to your intended last day of stay.
Malaysia Airlines takes daily flight routes to Darwin.
Getting around the city of Darwin is made convenient by the availability of reliable public bus transportation. These buses even work on Sundays so you need not worry about cheaper modes of travelling on holidays. Radio Taxis and taxi stands are also readily available in the city. You can place a call at Darwin Radio Taxis or City Radio Taxis if you are looking to hire a taxi.
The city is also relatively flat so travelling on bikes and cycles is also considered a convenient mode of travelling within the city.
Darwin, being located in the northern territory of Australia, enjoys warm weather all year round making it the perfect year-round destination. However, the months of June till the end of August are considered ideal for anyone seeking to explore the city without the weather taking its toll on you. These are comparatively the cooler months of the year. Humidity levels will rise by October so outdoor activities can get slightly uncomfortable.
It is advisable not to travel between the months of December and January as this is the wet season of the city and any outdoor activity can be hindered by the onslaught of rains. This is also the time period when temperatures can reach high levels.
It takes an average flights time of 20 hrs 46 mins to reach Darwin from UK.
Malaysia Airlines, Emirates and Qantas are some of the most preferred airlines to fly to Darwin from UK.
Malaysia Airlines offer some of the cheapest airfares for flying to Darwin.
Malaysia Airlines offer flight routes to Darwin with only one stop over destination.
Malaysia Airlines is known to take lesser flight time to reach Darwin as compared to the other airlines.
Singapore Airlines feature a top quality entertainment system onboard all its long-haul flights. Featuring a list of some of the best films, TV shows, music and radio shows that you can choose from, the airline makes sure that all its passengers are thoroughly entertained. Enjoy your favorite show with not only the airline's active noise cancelling headphones but also top-quality touchscreen entertainment systems on all its flights to Australia.
Emirates, Malaysia Airlines and Qantas offer some of the best business class flights to Darwin.
You will find a number of good accommodation options in the city of Darwin. Booking ahead in your accommodation of choice is advisable especially if you are travelling in the peak season, notably June through August.
Two of the top rated accommodations opted by tourists include the Moonshadow Villas just near the city, and the Mandalay on the city's Esplanade. Booking close to Darwin's waterfront is wiser since you will always be in close proximity to some of the city's finest restaurants, dine-ins, and shopping.
- For those seeking to indulge in the perfect tropical setting while savoring your taste buds in the perfect taste of sizzling Asian flavors, Darwin’s Mindil Beach Sunset Market is the place for you. Make sure you plan a visit to this market for a night of your life.
- Darwin's waterfront is one of the best places to visit if you are seeking to explore the best of this city. Boasting lagoons, exotic parklands, tasteful dine-ins, and the waterfront just isn't a place you'd want to miss.
- Litchfield National Park is the perfect retreat for anyone seeking to indulge in Australia's tropical essence. This National Park is ideal for the nature lovers.