Cheap flights to Reunion
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ N/A
Recent searches for return flights to Reunion
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Reunion from the UK?
- Air Mauritius
- Air Austral
- Air France
How long is the flight to Reunion from the UK?
- It takes 17 to 22 hours to reach Roland Garros Airport (RUN) near Saint-Denis from London Heathrow Airport. Depending on the airline you are flying with, the flight will have one stopover at Paris Airport if you are travelling by Air France. There are two stopovers if you go via other airlines.
- The journey from London Heathrow to Reunion's second international airport at Saint Pierre, the Pierrefonds Airport takes 19 to 23 hours to complete. These flights have two layovers at Dubai or Paris and then in Mauritius.
- Flights taking off from Manchester Airport for Saint-Denis, in Reunion, take 16 to 19 hours to reach its destination after stopping over in Paris.
- Cheaper flights from Birmingham to Reunion take only one stop at Paris as well. These flights have a duration of 16 to 20 hours.
- The London Gatwick to Reunion flight is 22 hours long and has two stopovers at Dubai and in Mauritius.
Are there any direct flights to Reunion from the UK?
No direct flights are operating out of the UK that land at Reunion. Most passengers travelling to Reunion use Air France flights to get to the island which is a bit more expensive than the Emirates-Air Mauritius Route but only have one stop at Paris Orly.
Cheap Flights to Reunion with Air France
Air France offers the quickest way to Reunion Island via a stopover in Paris. AF 664 and AF 642 both travel to Reunion from Paris six days out of a week. These flights begin their journey at 6 PM and 9 PM respectively and connect the island with Metropolitan France 12 times a week collectively. There are eleven different flight routes from London to Paris each week, from Manchester you can reach Paris seven times a week at different times, and from Birmingham, there are six flights to Paris per week. With the perfect combination of these flights, you can have the shortest time and the briefest stopovers to reach Reunion from the UK.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Reunion?
December through February is the cheapest time to visit Reunion for a couple of reasons. As soon as the summer season begins, it brings along the rainy season with it. There are times when the summer sun shines, and the temperature that exceeds 29°C but sometimes Reunion experiences cyclones. Currently, the island holds the record for being the rainiest place in the southern hemisphere set during a hurricane in 2016 – so there is always a chance. The uncertain weather conditions during this time keep the hotels empty and to attract business the airlines reduce the fare often. If you want to take the chance of having a dream vacation in Reunion at half the cost, come to the Island in December, right after Christmas time.
What are the major international airports in Reunion?
Reunion is an island in the Southern Indian Ocean, and it is a French Overseas Territory. The island has two international airports; one in the north and the other on the southern coast.
Roland Garros Airport (RUN) is the primary international airport in Reunion in the town of Saint Marie, which is not far from Saint-Denis, the administrative capital of the territory. The airport facilitates 2.4 million passengers each year and is only 7 kilometres from downtown Saint-Denis. A taxi takes only 15 minutes to reach central Saint-Denis from Roland Garros Airport.
Pierrefonds Airport (ZSE) is on the opposite side of the island from the Roland Garros Airport. Located near the coastal town of Saint Pierre, the airport served only about 100,000 people last year. Even though the airport is not extensively used there are still some international flights from Madagascar and Mauritius coming to Pierrefonds Airport.
What is the best time to visit Reunion?
The best time to visit Reunion is from May to October. Reunion is situated in the southern hemisphere with the seasons reversed, so during the May to October period the island experiences the winter season. During this time the temperature hovers between 23°C to 26°C with little or no chance of rain. The island experience higher temperatures in the summer, but the rainy season keeps tourist from enjoying the sun. The moderate breeze keeps the island's air refreshed and crisp and the sunsets incredible, making this time the ideal instance to take a trip to Reunion.
What are the major landmarks in Reunion?
Reunion is the most distant territory of the European Union away from continental Europe. The local population is more ethnically diverse than any place in the Indian Ocean with South Asians, Muslims, Arabs, Chinese, African and Europeans all living in an area about the size of London.
- If you ever had a dream of seeing a volcano spew out lava, then Piton de la Fournaise is the place to be in Reunion. Even though the volcano is among the most active volcanoes in the world; the discharge of magma is slow and controlled and can be seen from afar. There is a well-paved road going all the way up to the fiery crater of the mountain. Being a flat shield volcano there is much hiking to do if the traveller does want to go up close to the burning pit at the centre. There is a snack bar as well near the rim of the caldera. If you have some extra cash, fly over the volcano on a helicopter and make this trip a memorable one.
- Another location to experience some unspoiled nature is at Mafate. This location is for the physically fit because rocky cliffs surround Mafate. Many years along Mafate was a volcano, but the mesh of tunnels made by magma under the mountain compromised the foundations until eventually the disk of land that once sat at the top of the hill capsize forming a valley. The "River of Pebbles" is the only entrance into the valley and is quite popular with tourists.
- The Piton des Neiges or 'the snowy peak' is the highest point in all on the Indian Ocean. Being a hiker's paradise Reunion offer this peak to all those with a great love of the outdoors. The mountain was once an active volcano which has been silence for 20,000 years. Surrounding the peak on three sides are collapsed calderas – ruminants for a fiery past. Hikers can finish the trekking trip in about 12 hours, but professionals advise to take a break in the middle of the journey, spend the night camping amongst the stars and be up bright and early to greet the sun from the highest place in Reunion.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Reunion?
Reunion has many ethnic communities and cultures, each having their festivals and flare. The Leu Tempo Festival is a theatrical arts festival in May each year that gathers many performers and arts to the stage. At the Guava Festival, you can dance and have fun at the Ragga Dancehall and then have a Creole Fiesta. On Bastille Day, which is on the 14th of July, Reunion celebrates its French roots and identity. The night sky is set ablaze by the colours of "Le Tricolore". The Creole also celebrate religious events like Christmas and Divali.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Reunion?
Reunion has more cars than there are roads on the island. A single highway circumambulates around the island, and it is more than adequate to get people around. However, due to a large number of cars often there are many traffic jams on the way. Try to leave a bit early to get to your destination on time via a car. The taxis are a bit expensive, and the ride from the airport to your hotel in Saint-Denis can cost around €30. The island also has a sound 'Yellow Bus' system that can take passengers from place to place.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Reunion?
There are not many luxury hotels in Reunion, as the island is home to the best hiking parks and tracks in the world, attracting extrovert explorers to this French destination. However, there are a couple of resorts that can keep you pampered on your stay.
- LUX* Saint Gilles
- PALM Hotel & Spa
- Blue Margouillat Seaview Hotel
- Akoya Hotel & Spa
- Hotel Reunion