Get hold of the best airfares for flights flying to Bakersfield CA using our advanced search system. Our search engine lets you scan through all the leading airlines flying to Bakersfield with the airfares that are being offered. So enter the information required now and get yourself booked to the best bargain deals that you can find. Type 'Bakersfield Flights', your intended dates of departure and return, and select whether you seek a direct or indirect flight and click the search tab. The results will show you some of the best and cheapest airfares that you can find.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Bakersfield 2021/2022
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Bakersfield?
- British Airways
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines
- Delta Airlines
How long is the flight to Bakersfield from UK?
- Heathrow to Bakersfield flight via one stopover: 5 hours and 50 minutes
- Manchester to Bakersfield on a flight with two stopovers: 8 hours and 25 minutes
- Birmingham to Bakersfield via two stopovers: 8 hours and 59 minutes
which are main International Airports In Bakersfield?
There are no major international airports in Bakersfield; however, Bakersfield has a domestic airport known as the Meadow Field Airport (BFL). The airport has served 120,000 passengers last year and has two runways, one 3.3 kilometres long. The airport is one of the two major airports serving the San Joaquin Valley.
Although cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas are closer to Meadow Field Airport, European international flights to Bakersfield are rerouted through the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Bakersfield?
The cheapest time to fly to Bakersfield is in the summer, in June and July, when the sun is heating the land and the rains are more frequent. If the airfares make you sweat more than the California sun, visit Bakersfield in July for a cheaper and better price.
What are the entry requirements to Bakersfield for British travellers?
UK passport holders can enter the United States under the VWP or Visa Waiver Program. There are, however, certain conditions that need to be met before the travel.
Please ensure that your UK passport describes you as a 'British Citizen'. You are required to use an ePassport, that contains a microchip with the information of the individual and you must be attested by ESTA (Electronic System of Travel Authorization). It is important that you have no or negligible criminal history. You must also not be a dual national of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria, nor should you have had travelled to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen, since March 2011. The customs agent could ask you to prove how you would fund yourself while you are in the country.
What are the major landmarks in Bakersfield?
Bakersfield is one of the most important cities in the San Joaquin Valley, on Route 99 also known as the Golden State freeway. The city is slow but vibrant, and as ‘Golden’ as the rest of the state of California. Many landmarks give this city its features.
- The Bakersfield sign greets the traveller into the city. At first, it was just an arching steel board, when it was first installed in 1949, but now it has become an intrinsic part of the city. The signboard is painted with a bright yellow, with the town’s name is written in deep blue. The landmark has made its place in the town’s character after it was restored in the 80’s.
- Beale Memorial Clock Tower was a gift to the city of Bakersfield, from an influential diplomat, as a way to memorialize his mother. The clicking gears of the clock are a reminder that the shade of motherhood is blessed but temporary. The tower was damaged in the earthquake in 1952 but reconstructed at a new location as the tower’s spirit was still intact.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Bakersfield?
Bakersfield celebrates with laughter, cheer, music, and food. Best of all, it’s has many family areas, so you can be comfortable with your kids running around if they ever get the time to be less excited about the numerous festivals the city offers.
- The Via Arte’s Annual Italian Street Painting Festival brings professionals, students, and novices to the pavements of the city’s Italian centre. At the festival, you can see artists decorating the pavements and roads of the city with coloured chalk. On one side of the street a Leonardo is busy drawing the proportions of the Vitruvian Man and on the other side, a Picasso is busy colouring the last of his Trois Femmes. It is a joy to see people indulged in their creative realms.
- The Bakersfield beer festival is the event to be at, if you are in the city. A bottle or two of chilled beer never really harmed anybody, plus the beer festival has free samplings too. So, next time you're in town, first select the beer that suits your pallet, enjoy the food that comes along with it and hang around with a few strangers that came to the city like you did, in search for some amber nectar.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Bakersfield?
The city is connected with the rest of the United States by the Golden State Freeway (Route 99) if you fancy travelling by road. The city is fairly easy to move around and bus services are managed by Golden Empire Transit throughout the city. So feel free, and take a look around. If all else fails, there is always the trusty Taxi and Uber services.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Bakersfield?
There are a number of great hotels in Bakersfield. There are a few that can provide you with housing accommodation for a fairly reasonable price.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North
- Padre Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center
- Residence Inn Bakersfield