Cheap one-way & return flights to Linz from London
Which airlines operate flights to Linz from UK?
- Austrian Airlines
- British Airways
- TAP Air Portugal
Are there any direct flight to Linz?
No, direct flights are not available from the UK to Linz as of right now. Quick, one-stop flights are available from various cities. A typical flight’s duration is around 4 hrs with one short layover. Departures are available from London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds, and Glasgow.
How long is the flight from UK to Linz?
- A flight from Edinburgh (EDI) takes about 4 hrs. to complete, with one short layover at Frankfurt
- From Birmingham (BHX) to Linz takes 3 hrs. 45 min for the quickest flight with Lufthansa
- On average, from Manchester (MAN) to Linz, takes around 4 hrs. give or take 5 minutes, including a stop en route
- Glasgow (GLA) to Linz via a short stop at Frankfurt, takes about 6 hrs.
- The shortest flight available from Aberdeen (ABZ) to Linz takes 6 hrs. 10 min to complete with two stops on the way
- A flight from Cardiff (CWL) to Linz takes 6 hrs. 35 min to complete, with two stops and self-transfers.
What is the duration for London to Linz flights?
- London and Linz are almost 700 nautical miles apart
- A flight from London Heathrow with the shortest duration takes 3 hrs. 25 min on average. With Lufthansa airlines, there is one 45 min stop at Frankfurt during the journey.
- The shortest flight from London Gatwick takes 6 hrs. 10 min with self-transfers, two layovers, and multiple airlines
- From London City airport, a one-stop trip usually takes 3 hrs. 25 min to reach, via Frankfurt
- London Stansted to Linz takes 5 hrs. 30 min on average with self-transfers and two layovers.
- Departures are available from all major London airports. Flight durations are dependent upon connecting flights and no. of stops.
When should I book to get cheap tickets on a flight to Linz from the UK?
If your aiming to get reasonable airfares on flights to Linz, it is recommended by experts to travel during the low-season months for maximum value tickets. Prices drop drastically during the winter season, as tourism is reduced, and flights are readily accessible. The most economical fares can be found from November to February, minus the holiday season rush. Booking a few weeks in advance also ensures cheaper airfares, especially when planning to spend the Christmas holidays or New Years. A flight from London to Linz is available at 170 pounds, as of February 2020.
Which are the most popular airlines offering low-cost fares on London to Linz return flights?
Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, and SASall offer cheap roundtrip airfares on flights to Linz from London. The cheapest fare available for March is around 170 pounds, for a one-stop flight from London Heathrow. It is possible to get economic round trip fares when seats are booked well in advance, as advised by our experts.
Getting flights to Linz with Lufthansa:
Lufthansa flights are emerging gradually, as the top choice for passengers from the UK flying to Linz. The airline has built its reputation by offering seamless services on one-stop, Linz flights from all major UK cities. Over twenty flights depart from London airports daily, that connect Linz with one short layover, making the travel time lesser. Hundreds of other connecting flights from all over the UK are also catered by Lufthansa. In collaboration with other airlines, departures are offered from the cities of Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Edinburgh, and London. The overall flight durations change according to departing city, number of stops, and layover times. The shortest flight from the UK to Linz takes around three and a half hours with Lufthansa.
The airline frequently provides discounted prices on round-trip tickets. As of March 2020, a flight from London Heathrow to Linz is available at 170 pounds with one short layover at Frankfurt. Book early to avoid last-minute price fluctuations.
How can Travelhouseuk get me cheap last-minute flights to Linz?
The Travelhouseuk team prides perfection in every client served. Our agents have a decade of industry knowledge at hand and design your itinerary according to your needs. Flying last minute is so expensive these days, that you may reconsider your trip altogether. Sometimes it is unavoidable, and spiked prices cause a massive toll on your budget. Fear not, because our experts cross-reference every airline, every date, and every fare to provide the best option for you. This process enables them to cater one of a kind, last-minute deals to any destination.
Generally, it is recommended to book your tickets at least three weeks in advance for better prices. Travelling with flexible dates may also give options for cheaper fares. Whether travelling for business or pleasure, we arrange all your flight details, so that you may have a relaxing journey. Call us on our hotline and make your reservation now.
How much does a Business Class ticket to Linz cost?
Most people prefer travelling in economy considering the prices of Business Class tickets can be up to five times higher than the prior. What makes the upgrade worth the extra money spent is the top-notch service, early check-in, fine-dining, and added amenities. Particularly when travelling with young babies or elders, the additional services can make all the more difference towards a jet-lag free flight. Air carriers that provide exemplary Business flights from the UK to Linz include Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines. If you fly with flexible dates, it is possible to acquire cheap Business flights as well.
For March 2020, a Business Class ticket from London Heathrow is available at around 350 pounds, with Lufthansa via Frankfurt. The cost is also dependent upon the travelling dates, so it is advisable to keep an eye out for exclusive deals. You can also call the Travelhouseuk team to guide you.
Flying to Linz from the UK via Frankfurt:
Stopovers or layovers are that hidden gem of the passenger’s journey, which have to be discovered according to preference. Long-haul trips have the blissful option of stops, that is the only source of respite on an otherwise cramping journey. If you are a frequent flier, you realise the importance of picking out the most enjoyable route. They enable you an adventure in a whole new city, other the one you’re travelling to, with almost no cost. Some places offer incredible opportunities to explore in the airport itself. So choose your layovers wisely, as they will make additional memories on your trip.
While flying to Linz from the UK, the most common and fixed stop, particularly for Lufthansa flights, is Frankfurt. A popular choice, the airport itself has plenty to offer. Take yourself on a shopping spree in the duty-free store, or dig into the exquisite German cuisine. Get a rejuvenating massage in the spa here, or relax for a while in one of the VIP lounges. You can even take a refreshing shower, or tour the airport fire department. If you have more time to spend, then go sightseeing and exploring the city. There are unlimited ways to pass your time here.
What is the best time to visit Linz?
The Austrian city faces harsh and below-freezing temperatures during winters. The optimum time to visit is during the spring and summer months when temperatures are an average of 15 to 22 degrees Celsius. The months between April to September are best for weather-wise travelling. Winter in Linz sees a wave of snow sport lovers and winter travellers during the ending months of the year. If you’re interested in a white-blanketed vacation, visit between October to January.
What is the name of the airport in Linz that caters UK flights?
There is one airport in Linz, which is also known as the Blue Danube Airport. It has a code of LNZ, situated around 9 miles away from the centre of the city. Rental cars and taxis are available from the airport, at an average of 40 pounds. A car ride takes around 20 minutes to reach. Bus service is also available which costs about 2 pounds per person.
What is the best way to travel around Linz?
- Linz has an extensive network of tram lines, that have the single, day, or weekly passes, obtained from dispensers.
- Tickets can cost anywhere from 1 to 15 pounds, depending on the type of pass opted.
- Taxis and rental cars are readily available, with fares changing according to distances.
- Exclusive bus lines are also available with monthly passes if required. For night time travel, AG lines are open.
- You can also bike along the many routes in the city, which are available for hire.
What are the best budget-friendly hotels in Linz?
- Trans World Hotel Donauwelle
- Ibis Styles Linz
- Courtyard by Marriott Linz
- Arte Hotel Linz
- Hotel Schwarzer Bar
What are the top things to do in Linz?
- Visit the Old Cathedral and Lentos Art Museum
- Take a private city walking tour
- Visit the Arts Electronica Centre and attend a festival
- See the Botanical Garden of Linz
- Visit the Linzer Torte bakery
- Take a cruise on the Danube
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate