Recent searches for return flights to Austria 2021/2022
Which airlines operate flights to Austria from UK?
- British Airways
- Austrian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Air France
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Aegean Airlines
- Ukraine International Airlines
- Air Malta
- Aer Lingus
- TAP Air Portugal
- Vueling Airlines
Are there any direct flights to Austria?
- From the London Heathrow Airport, British Airways and Austrian Airlines fly non-stop to Vienna International Airport in Austria. These direct flights are operated on a daily basis.
- From London Gatwick, easyJet operates direct flights to Austria. These flights are also operated on a daily basis and Vienna International Airport is the receiving airport for these flights.
- Both easyJet and Austrian Airlines operate non-stop flights to Austria from the Manchester Airport. Whereas Austrian Airlines operate these flights on a daily basis, easyJet flies only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Eurowings flies directly to Austria from the Birmingham Airport. Except for Thursdays and Saturdays, flights are operated on all days.
- Jet2 and easyJet run direct flights for Austria from Edinburgh.
What is the flight duration from UK to Austria?
- Direct flights to Austria from London Heathrow take 2 hours and 15 minutes only. Both British Airways and Austrian Airlines take the same time for non-stop flights. The shortest one-stop flight takes 3 hours and 40 minutes with Lufthansa.
- The minimum flight time from London Gatwick to Austria (Vienna International Airport) is 2 hours and 15 minutes on a direct flight. The operator of these flights is easyJet. The minimum time duration on an indirect flight is 3 hours and 30 minutes. British Airways and Austrian Airlines run these flights on a code-share.
- Austrian Airlines has direct flights departing from Manchester that reach Austria in 2 hours and 25 minutes. Connecting flights with KLM take 3 hours and 45 minutes in total.
- Non-stop flights to Austria from Birmingham with Eurowings take 2 hours and 20 minutes. The minimum time on a connecting flight is 3 hours and 35 minutes with KLM.
- From Edinburgh, the time duration is 2 hours and 50 minutes for a direct flight (easyJet) and 4 hours for a connecting flight (Lufthansa) respectively.
When is the best time to go to Austria?
Except for the winter season (November to February), Austria is a year-round destination for tourists. Summers are warm and cosy with temperatures averaging 22 °C. Both spring and autumn are slightly cold but the climate is just as pleasant. On average the temperature remains around 12 °C during spring (March-May) and autumn (September-October).
Do British Passport holders need a visa to visit Austria?
British nationals are not required to get a visa before entering Austria.
Which are the major international airports in Austria?
- Vienna International Airport - 18 kilometres from city centre (Vienna)
- Salzburg Airport - 11.5 kilometres from city centre (Salzburg)
- Innsbruck Airport - 5 kilometres from city centre (Innsbruck)
- Graz Airport - 9.4 kilometres from city centre (Graz)
Which are the best tourist attractions in Austria?
- Schönbrunn Palace
- Hofburg Palace
- Wörthersee Lake
- St. Stephen's Cathedral
- Lake Constance
- Belvedere Palace & Museum
- Prater Park
- Vienna State Opera
- Krimml Waterfalls
- Vienna Zoo
- Lake Wolfgang