Cheap one-way & return flights to Knock from London
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Knock from UK?
- British Airways
- Aer Lingus
How long is the flight to Knock from UK?
- The flight from London Heathrow to Knock is about 4 hours and 10 minutes long. The flight usually comes with a stopover.
- The direct flight from Manchester to Knock usually takes 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Direct flights from Birmingham to Knock are also 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- Flights from London Gatwick to Knock can be shorter than the ones taking off from Heathrow. The flights usually take 1 hour 30 minutes to reach the destination.
Is there a major international airport in Knock?
Knock is a small village in Mayo County. The closest airport, West Ireland Airport (NOC), is only 20 kilometres away in Charlestown, Mayo County. The airport is the fourth busiest airport in the country. About 750,000 passengers used this airport in 2017.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Knock?
The cheapest time to visit the village of Knock is in the winter season; in December, January and February. Apart from the week before and after Christmas, Knock can offer the cheapest flights and lowest fares on accommodations. It rains a lot in the winter but if you bring an umbrella along, this low season can be an opportunity in disguise to get around Knock cheaply.
What is the best time to visit Knock?
The best time to visit Knock is from June to September when the temperatures are the warmest and the sun shines the clouds away. It rains often in Knock, but the summer showers are brief and they keep the air clean. The oceanic climate keeps the temperature between 0°C and 25°C year around. Try to visit the village in June to avoid the crowds of July and August.
What are the major landmarks in Knock?
Knock is surrounded by beauty and greenery. The fields and hills of the village make you decelerate from moving at the pace of city life. In Knock, you can breathe easy and enjoy life the way it is meant to be enjoyed, with nature, friends and family.
- National Shrine of Our Lady of Knock is the holiest site in Western Ireland. The shine was constructed on the hill where people believe Mary and many other Saints of Catholic Christianity miraculously appeared. The site was blessed by the Vatican when Pope John Paul II visited the church built there. Many pilgrims and tourists still visit the beautiful shrine for blessings and tranquillity.
- The Knock Museum is associated with the holy site of the village and the history of Irish culture. The displays include layouts of 19th century Irish hovels and showcases how the church was able to bring the community together over the years. The museum houses memorabilia of the visits of Pope John II and the pilgrimage of Mother Teresa of Calcutta to the Shrine.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Knock?
Mayo Cancer Support charity throws a fundraiser party called the Partry FolkFest in which Irish folk singers present their talent in mid-June. The finest food producers, restaurants and hoteliers of the region get to gather on the 1st of July to celebrate the Westport Food Festival. It’s a family event in which children can decorate cupcakes while the adults are taught how to forage for mushrooms. The Geesala Festival in August brings the finest horses and dogs to the village. The competitive event is electrifying and engaging for the entire family.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Knock?
The best way around Knock is either on foot for short distances where you can enjoy the scenery or the bus for longer commutes. The bus network is efficient and punctual.
Which five-star hotels and accommodations are available for stay in Knock?
There are not many five star hotels in Knock but the cosy cottages and the holey environment of the village make it an unforgettable experience.
- Knock House Hotel
- Golden Acres, Knock
- Rose House
- Drumhouse Lodge
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate