Cheap flights to Izmir
Cheapest price to Izmir(from London Heathrow)
Izmir is a large city with the second largest port in Turkey. This city is nestled among lush hills and its beaches are fringed with olive groves. Not only the city is famous for its relaxing ambiance but also provide a treasure trove of ancient ruins from the Romans, Greeks and Muslim era. Alexander the great laid the city’s formation and later during the Roman era, it was completed. A large part of it was destroyed by fire in 1922 but Turkish and Jewish Quarters remained unharmed. This city is now one of the most pleasant destinations in Turkey. It has an airport so you can buy cheap flights to Izmir to explore this historical city. A number of museums are also there to keep and display the artefacts and relics. Moreover, there are shopping areas, sprawling parks and geological sites as well, which make it more appealing and once you are done with the site seeing the waters around the city is famous among the divers and the water sport enthusiasts for scuba diving, swimming and snorkelling. In short, Izmir is a humble city with plethora of attractions and traditional gastronomical treats to offer so the travellers could enjoy a memorable time out. Buy cheap flights to Izmir, for an intimate tour of this city.
Which Are The Top Airlines Flying To Izmir?
- Turkish Airlines
- Aegean Airlines
Which Airlines Operate Direct Flights To Izmir From The UK?
- Easyjet offers direct flights to Izmir from the London Gatwick Airport. The airline operates 3 flights per week (on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays).
- Pegasus Airlines and Jet2 offer direct flights from London Stansted to Izmir. Pegasus Airlines operates 4 flights per week (every Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday) and Jet2 flies twice a week (every Monday and Thursday).
- From Manchester, Jet2 operates non-stop flights to Izmir. The flight departs on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Jet2 operates a single flight to Izmir from Birmingham each Wednesday.
- From Glasgow to Izmir, non-stop flights are operated by Jet2. There is a single flight for this route every Thursday.
How Long Is The Flight To Izmir From The UK?
- The minimum flight duration from London Heathrow to Izmir is 5 hours and 50 minutes on a connecting flight with Aegean Airlines. The flight is via Athens.
- The minimum flight duration from London Gatwick to Izmir is 3 hours and 55 minutes on a non-stop flight with easyjet. The fastest one-stop flight is offered by Turkish Airlines which takes 6 hours and 5 minutes to reach Izmir via Istanbul.
- From London Stansted, the minimum flight duration for Izmir is 3 hours and 50 minutes on a non-stop flight with Pegasus Airlines.
- The total flight duration from Manchester to Izmir is 4 hours minimum. These are direct flights operated by Jet2.
- From Birmingham, the flight duration for Izmir is 3 hours and 55 minutes on a non-stop flight with Jet2. Turkish Airlines offers indirect flights that take 6 hours and 35 minutes in total. Istanbul is the layover for these flights.
- From Edinburgh to Izmir, Turkish Airlines operates one-stop flights that take 7 hours and 40 minutes minimum. This includes the time spent at Istanbul Airport (layover).
- From Glasgow, it takes at least 4 hours and 35 minutes to reach Izmir on a direct flight with Jet2.
When Can I Find The Cheapest Flights To Izmir?
As far as airfares are concerned, we see a mixed to easy trend during the first half of the low-season (November to mid-December). Prices climb as the Christmas Season sets in but flat line again once festivities come to rest, that is, by the second week of January. The digits stay on a steady course till mid-February, prompting several airlines to bring forward low-cost deals and affordable packages. It is too soon to say that such or such a deal may come or not. Your best bet is to stay in touch with your TravelHouseUK travel agent and let us monitor the situation as it develops.
Does TravelHouseUK Offer Cheap Flights To Izmir With Turkish Airlines?
TravelHouseUK unleashes the hottest deals on flights to Izmir with Turkish Airlines, one of the leading airlines for this route. Get flat discounts on the many flash sales and last-minute offers that pop up now and then. We make it a point to reach out to our clients through our newsletter, so make sure to hit that subscribe button. Also, you can discuss it with our travel agents on Facebook.
Which Is The Main International Airport In Izmir?
The Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport is the receiving airport for cheap flights to Izmir from the UK. Its IATA code is ADB. The airport is serving Izmir as well as the surrounding region for both domestic and international flights. There are two terminals; an international terminal and a domestic one, each designed to state of the art and furnished with duty-free stores, waiting for lounges, and eateries to meet the demands of growing traffic.
What Is The Distance Of Izmir Airport From The City?
The total distance of Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport from centre city Izmir is about 17 kilometres. The airport is conveniently located just outside of the main commercial districts, making it a 40-minute drive during regular hours. Add 10 to 15 minutes if you are to travel during rush hours (e.g. early morning, evening).
What Are The Major Tourist Attractions In Izmir?
The Grand Bazaar, also known as the Kemeralti Bazaar, is the centre of activity and a visit to Izmir is incomplete without visiting this arcade. There are a number of stalls and you can find almost everything here, so expect a lot of crowd in the area.Agora Open Air Museum:
Izmir has a rich heritage of Roman and Greek architecture due to its connection with both the civilizations. Alexander the Great started forming this city and the Romans finished it. The best place to find the remains are in Agora, the ancient marketplace of the Roman Era.Izmir Clock Tower:
Another significant site in Izmir overlooking the city and the sea. Finished back in 1901, the clocktower remains an iconic landmark of the late Ottoman era.Izmir Archaeological Museum:
Displayed here are some of the rarest artefacts and finds from Turkey, resulting from decades of excavations and after heavy-duty research work. If the city inspires a deeper interest in its history, architecture, and culture; you will find here everything you need to get acquainted with all these.Ataturk Museum:
Turkey is dotted with a number of monuments dedicated to its founder, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. But this museum here houses the greatest collection of his works, personal belongings, and everything else that carried his stamp.Mount Sipylus:
In the outskirts of Izmir, on the way to Manisa, lies Mount Sipylus. On top of this mountain will you find the legendary Weeping Rock, the centre point of several tales in Greek Mythology. It is a trendy site for hiking as people work their way up to the summit to take photographs.Hisar Mosque:
The picture of Izmir is never complete without piecing in the part of Islamic culture and architecture, prevalent for centuries. The Hisar Mosque stands tall as a symbol of Ottoman legacy in the region. The mosque was completed by the end of the 16th century and is notable for its ornate interior layout and design.
What Are The Best Hotels In Izmir For Travellers?
- Wyndham Grand Izmir Ozdilek
- Movenpick Hotel
- Renaissance Izmir Hotel
- Swissotel Buyuk Efes
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel (Izmir Airport)
- Park Inn by Radisson
- Ramada Hotel and Suites
- Tav Airport Hotel
- Orty Airport Hotel
- Hotel Izmir Palas
- Kordon Hotel Alsancak
- Ustun Hotel