Recent searches for return flights to Edinburgh 2021/2022
What are the top airlines that fly to Edinburgh from the UK?
There are over 300 flights to and from Edinburgh airport daily. The top airline carriers serving here include:
- British Airways
- Air France
- Aer Lingus
Which cities fly direct to Edinburgh from the UK?
Direct flights are available every day of the week to Edinburgh from various locations. Flybe is usually the primary operator for domestic flights from Cardiff (CWL), Exeter (EXT), Norwich (NWI), Birmingham (BHX), Liverpool (LPL), Manchester (MAN), Southampton (SOU), and many more.The most popular domestic flight routes include:
- London all airports to EDI (Average flight time 1hr 20 min)
- A flight from Manchester to Edinburgh takes on average 1 hr10 min, covering 185 miles
- Bristol to Edinburgh ( 1hr 10 min, approx 320 miles)
- From Belfast to EDI( 50 min, 139 miles)
- SOU to EDI takes 1hr 25 min
- Birmingham to Edinburgh takes approx. 1 hr 15 min
How long is the flight from London to Edinburgh?
An average flight from London to EDI takes from 1 hr 5 min to 1 hr 20 min, depending upon departure airport. London and Edinburgh are connected by direct flights offered by EasyJet, Flybe, and British Airways. There are over 300 arriving and departing flights between London and Edinburgh.
What is the fastest way to get from London to Edinburgh?
- A direct flight between Edinburgh and London takes 1hr 20 min on average
- EasyJet and Flybe offer cheap return flights from London to Edinburgh
- Over 300 flights come and go from Edinburgh Turnhouse every day. There is an average of 170 flights between London and Edinburgh daily.
- Flights to Edinburgh are catered by London Stansted, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, and all London airports.
- Direct trains from London to Edinburgh are available from London Kings Cross to Waverly Station, the fastest taking 4 hr 20 min. Train travel costs around 30 pounds, with almost 33 trains active per day.
What is the best time to visit Edinburgh?
The best time to visit Edinburgh is at the end of the summer months when temperatures are pleasant, and there aren’t many tourists around. Winter is on the peak in the months of Jan-Feb, where temperatures drop to almost 1-degree Celcius. Tourists start flowing in early May onwards. It is also the best time to view the famous festivals that take place here.
What is the best time to book flights to Edinburgh from the UK?
It is generally advised by travel experts to book during off-season months and at least three weeks in advance. Doing this ensures you get comparatively low airfares and the seats of your choice. Edinburgh is a popular destination which entertains tourists all year round. Airfares spike during the holidays mostly, so it is better to book now to get reasonable airfares to fly later. The best time to visit is the beginning few months of the year.
Which airlines provide cheap airfares for Edinburgh flights?
Cheap return tickets are readily available and catered by many airlines. As of January 2020, EasyJet is offering direct flights from London to Edinburgh for as low as 42 pounds. Other airlines that provide competitive airfares include Ryanair, Flybe, and British Airways. It is generally advised to book your tickets a few weeks in advance to get the best of airfares, and your choice of seats.
Cheap flights to Edinburgh with EasyJet:
Offering a significant portion of domestic flights within the UK, EasyJet offers the best airfares when travelling to Edinburgh. Often the top choice of passengers, the airline provides almost over 20 flights daily from London to EDI. The flight frequency varies by day, date of travel, and departing airport. Departures are available from London Stansted, London Luton, London Gatwick and London City airports. The average EasyJet flight takes 1hr 15 min from any London airport. As of January 2020, a direct return flight from London Gatwick to EDI is available with EasyJet at a mere 41 pounds. According to Travelhouseuk experts, round-trip flights are more economical than one-way flights. Reserve your seats in advance to get the best packages.
Which airlines offer best Business Class flights to Edinburgh from the UK?
Business Class flights offer the best of air luxury and are usually quite expensive. One of the leading UK airlines, British Airways, offer premium packages to their customers for any class. Paying a little extra is nothing compared to the added amenities, top of the line service, leg-room, and extra baggage space. Now you can travel in opulence, with colleagues, friends and family, whenever you want. So why not fly in style and comfort, this time around? As of January 2020, a Business Class flight from LHR to EDI is available for as low as 140 pounds.
How to get Last-minute Flights to Edinburgh with Travelhouseuk?
Travelhouseuk is a noted travel agency that caters to all your travel-related queries. Whether it is planning a holiday, business travels, or just last-minute destination deals, our customer service is optimised to suit all your requirements. If you’re looking to see the Hogmany Festival at New Year, or the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, we can help you make a memorable holiday. Book online or call our representatives at 020 3745 5784.
With our links to all the top carriers of the UK, we also cater to last-minute fliers. Particularly in the holidays, when seats are scarcely available, we find you the best option. Stay updated at our social pages for the latest deals and giveaways.
What is the best way to get around in Edinburgh?
- Explore Edinburgh city on foot or by bike; separate biking lanes are made for it. The city is compact and walk-friendly.
- Bus: Lothian buses provide transport services from the airport to the City Centre. Tickets cost 4.50 pounds for single and 7 pounds for return, for children fares are reduced. It covers all the main tourist spots in the city, running throughout the day. Airlink 100 stops at Maybury, Murrayfield, West End, and Haymarket. The Skylink 400bus stops at Edinburgh Park, Ingliston, and Clovenstone. There are multiple buses with various stops available, and a privatenight bus runs from midnight to 4 a.m.
- Tram: A fully luggage-equipped tram from the airport is available in just 5.50 pounds for a single, and 8.50 pounds for a return ticket. It goes through Gogarburn, Gyle, Bankhead, Balgreen, Princess Street, York Place, and many more.
- Taxi or Car: If you don’t prefer public transport, a taxi, or car can also be hired from the airport to the whole of the city. Fares range from 5 to 15 pounds depending on traffic, distance, and parking restrictions.
How to get to Edinburgh airport?
Edinburgh airport is situated 8 miles away from the City Centre and has only one terminal. Operating 24 hrs a day, its code is EDI. Turnhouse caters to some domestic and international flights and is 6 miles away from the City Centre. EDI is one of the busiest airports in the UK. You can use an airport transfer service to get to the airport from your hotel or take an express bus. Make sure to arrive 3 hrs before an international and 2 hrs before a domestic flight to avoid any inconveniences.
- Airlink express bus is available 24 hrs a day, with a bus running every 10 minutes from the Waverly Bridge.
- A tram moves every 7-8 minutes and takes around 30 minutes to reach the airport.
- The Edinburgh Train Station is at a 7-minute tram ride distance from the airport. A train from London Euston takes about 5 hrs 40 min with multiple stops.
- A flight from London takes around 1 hr30 minutes, depending on the route. Other domestic flights are also available for time-saving options, as compared to local travel.
Other airports near Edinburgh:
Airports close from Edinburgh airport include:
- Glasgow International Airport (48 miles)
- Dundee Airport (58 miles)
- Aberdeen Airport (127 miles)
- Inverness Airport (159 miles)
- Belfast International Airport (shortest distance 143 miles)
What is there to do in Edinburgh?
Edinburgh is a historically significant city offering multiple attractions to its visitors. Many people visit here to spend their holidays in a serene environment. The most exciting activities include:
- Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Distillery tours
- Loch Ness and the Highlands visit
- Harry Potter walking tour
- Leith Theatre, cuisine, and drinks
- National Galleries and festival Theatres
- Darkside tour and murder mysteries
- Arthur’s seat volcanic geology viewing
What are the best hotels to stay in Edinburgh?
- Motel One Edinburgh Royal
- Apex Waterloo Palace Hotel
- Castle Rock Hostel
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh Carlton
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Leonardo Royal Edinburgh Haymarket