Cheap one-way & return flights to Glasgow from London
Flights from Glasgow to London
Which airlines fly from Glasgow to other airports in the UK?
- Aer Lingus
- Thomas Cook Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- British Airways
Are there any direct international flights from Glasgow Airport?
Yes, Glasgow serves many airlines for international flights to/from the GLA airport. The most popular International departures are scheduled for Barcelona, Dubai, Geneva, New York, Paris, Prague, Rome, and Toronto. If you are flying to any international destination from Glasgow with British Airways, London Heathrow makes a default stopover point.
Glasgow to London Flights:
- A direct flight from Glasgow to London takes about 1 hr. 25 minutes on average.
- Distance between Glasgow and London 345 miles, while London Gatwick is 370 miles away.
- There is an average of 70 direct flights from Glasgow to London Heathrow, and approximately 17 direct flights between LGW to Glasgow, every week.
- Easy Jet, Ryanair, and British Airways provide cheap return tickets to Glasgow from London.
- Customers claim that flights to Glasgow are easy to book and available at cheaper rates than travelling to Glasgow by train. Generally, internal flights in the UK are time efficient as compared to travelling by train or the bus.
What are the closest airports to Glasgow?
- Glasgow Prestwick (27 miles from Glasgow)
- Edinburgh (36 miles away)
- New Castle (115 miles)
- Aberdeen (157 miles)
- Dundee (103 km)
- Inverness (183 miles)
- Belfast (146 miles)
How can I book cheap flights to Glasgow with Travelhouseuk?
Travelhouseuk is a reputed travel agency in London for cheap flights to Glasgow and other airports in the UK. A plane ticket to GLA keeps on fluctuating with an average fare ranging from 49-189 GBP. Booking season, choice of airline, and Cabin Class determines the prices. As of November 2019, EasyJet and Ryan Air are offering the cheapest flights for as low as 53 GBP, which comes with hand-luggage only. The best time to book the cheapest seats for Glasgow flights is at least three weeks before your departure date. Nevertheless, low airfares are also available for the last-minute flights to Glasgow from London provided availability of the seat.
How many terminals are there at Glasgow Airport?
There are two terminals in GLA; the Main Terminal and Terminal 2 (T2). They are connected through a walkway and are accessible on foot. PIK has only one Terminal. The main terminal (T1) in GLA has four concourses (piers A-D), the first-floor deals with arrivals and departures, and all British Airways and Easyjet flights. The ground floor deals within the check-in and baggage claim. Terminal 2 deals with budget airline travel, like Thomas Cook. International and domestic departures are on the first floor.
What time do I need to be at the airport for a domestic flight?
It is vigilant to check the requirements of your airline first. A general rule of thumb is 3 hours before international and 2 hours before a domestic flight, as it gives you enough time for processing.
Is Passport required for UK domestic flights?
Even if you are a citizen travelling without a passport, photographic verification is required for visiting within the UK. Some airlines will accept Driver’s license as ID, Armed forces card, police badge, or a Swiss national ID card. Note that your name must match the passenger’s name in booking. Children under 16 do not require identification to travel domestically.
Are there any shops at Glasgow airport?
Glasgow airport has unlimited options to keep you entertained. Visit the world duty-free store for high-end luxury products. A range of exclusive brand accessories is also available for you. Get beauty consultations, shop, and enjoy food and wine tastings. Cutting edge technology stores are present for your service and ease. ‘Boots’ has a wide variety of delectable foods and travel essentials. Frank & Benny offer New York Italian style food for the whole family. The Beardmore bar provides a traditional Scottish cuisine with unique brews. There are plenty of other stores and restaurants to keep you occupied.
How far is Glasgow Airport from city centre?
There are two airports in Glasgow that handle domestic and international flights to/from the city. The main one, Glasgow Airport, is about 10 minutes away from the city centre. Whereas the other, Prestwick Airport (PIK), is situated about 45 minutes away. Both are accessible by bus and train. It takes ten minutes to get to the city centre by train from Glasgow airport, while it takes about 45 minutes from Prestwick.
Other Facilities Available for passengers on Glasgow Airport:
- 24 hrs passenger service from the airport to the long-stay car park on electric buses (the first in the UK).
- The Glasgow Airport Express Service 500 connects the city centre to the airport in less than 15 minutes.
- The duty-free store provides access to all brands, accessories, confectionaries, skincare, a Whiskey World outlet, and souvenirs.
- The Gatwick YOTEL provides passengers with sleeping cabins and suites for rest if there is the time in your flight.
- Changing Places facility with signage is available for ease of passengers with learning and physical disabilities.
- Discreet cards available for hidden disability passengers, with trained staff for guidance and to ensure a comfortable journey.
- Free Wi-Fi access for passengers for the first hour. For frequent Business passengers and fliers, free internet service is available for up to 12 months.
- The terminal building hosts charging ports, printing, and internet services provided by Surfbox.
- For an emergency photograph, a photo booth is present, near the first-floor main terminal, and ground floor near domestic arrivals and one in Car Park 2.
- A kid’s zone is available for the entertainment of the children.
- There are multiple babies changing areas all over the airport for your ease.
- Meeting and conference rooms are provided with full menus and catering services.
- There are several ATM’s available to you for cash, which can be drawn in Pounds, Dollars, or Euros.
- Smoking is allowed only in specified areas; all terminals are smoke-free zones.
- A prayer room is available 24-hrs a day to people of all faiths and denominations.
- Exquisite cuisine and signature drinks are available at the Lomond Lounge and the Upper Deck Lounge.
- Multiple car rental companies operate from Glasgow airport for your service.
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate