Cheap one-way & return flights to Vagar from London
Which airlines fly to Vagar from the UK?
- Atlantic Airways
- Air France
- British Airways
Can I get a direct flight to Vagar from the UK?
Yes, non-stop flights to Vagar depart from Edinburgh city, offered by Atlantic Airways. Other departures from the UK are catered by connecting flights with one or more layovers. Two direct flights a week are available . Flight schedules and times may change as per carrier choices.
How long is a flight from the UK to Vagar?
- Non-stop flights are available from Edinburgh to Vagar and take 1 hr. 25 min to complete. Other connecting flights take around 6 hrs. with one stop in between.
- A flight from Manchester to Vagar takes 7 hrs. on average, with two stops via Amsterdam and Edinburgh. A shorter, one-stop flight is available with self-transfers and takes around 6 hrs. to complete
- From Cardiff to Vagar takes about 7 hrs. 40 minutes, with two layovers via Amsterdam and Copenhagen
- Bristol to Vagar takes 5 hrs. 40 min with a self-transfer at Edinburgh
- Flights from Inverness to Vagar take 8 hrs. 20 min on average with two stops
- From Belfast to Vagar, a trip with one layover is available with self-transfers and takes 4 hrs. 10 min to complete the journey. Regular two-stop flights take around 8 hrs. 15 min via Amsterdam and Billund.
What is the time duration for London to Vagar flights?
- The distance between London and Vagar is approximately 780 miles
- A short flight takes between 4 hrs. 55 min to 5 hrs. 30 min to complete
- The quickest flight from London Heathrow takes 4 hrs. 55 min, with one layover
- From London City airport to Vagar, takes 4 hrs. 10 min on a self-transfer flight, with one stop at Edinburgh
- London Gatwick to Vagar, takes 5 hrs. 35 min, with a self-transfer at Copenhagen
- From London Stansted to Vagar takes 5 hrs. 50 minutes for the journey, with one self-transferring stop at Copenhagen
- Departures are available form all London airports, flight times may vary depending upon airline of choice, and route.
When is the best time to visit Vagar?
The optimum time for a visit to Vagar in the summer. Temperaturessettle around 15 degrees Celsius, and an oceanic breeze can be felt. For winter vacationers, the climate does not drop below 2 degrees, so it is comfortable enough to enjoy the snow. The months of April through September see a rise in tourism, as the weather is warm and water temperatures are pleasant.
When is the cheapest time of the year to fly to Vagar?
The prime time to visit is considered the peak summer months, but since it is the high season, flights to Vagar can be quite expensive. To avoid the tourist swarm, visit during the low season, or peak winter months, to get cheaper airfares. From December to March, visitors are scarce; hence it is easier to acquire low-cost flights. Plan your trip around these months, and it is also possible to find economical accommodation options.
How much does a return ticket from London to Vagar cost?
Prices for tickets are steadied during the winter months, and it is easier to get a good deal on a flight to Vagar. Atlantic Airways and SAS frequently provide passengers with economy round trip fares. As of March 2024 , a flight from London with self- transfers, can be acquired for around 190 pounds. It is possible to get cheaper flights, but long stopovers may prolong the travel time.
Flights to Vagar with Atlantic Airways:
Although different air carriers provide flights to Vagar from the UK, the prime share is handled by the national airline of the Faroe Islands, Atlantic Airways. Almost two direct flights depart in a week from Edinburgh. Other cities of the UK are also connected to Vagar in collaboration with other airlines. Departures are available from Glasgow, Manchester, London, Bristol, and Aberdeen.
A direct flight takes 1 hr. 25 min to complete the trip. Other, longer, flights are dependent upon the routes, number and length of layovers, and seasonal timetables of respective airlines. It is always feasible to book a round-trip flight to avoid future hassle. As of March 2024 , a direct flight from Edinburgh to Vagaries available for around 290 pounds. Fares are ever fluctuating due to passenger trends, so be on the lookout for limited packages.
Can I get a Business Class Flight to Vagar with Travelhouseuk?
A cheap Business Class flight my seem next to impossible, but is achievable with the expert advice of the Travelhouseuk team. We understand your need for travelling in opulence and can find you the best deals any airline offers. Whether you’re going to Vagar for a vacation or work, a Business Class upgrade will ensure an effortless flight.
Airlines like SAS often cater Business Class flights to Vagar. With the decade of experience of the Travelhouseuk agents, you can have a blissful journey. If you’re with friends, family, or elders, all the more reason to enjoy the amenities an upgrade provides. Delicious meals, pampering services, express lane privilege, and extra luggage space; all are worth paying top-dollar. Just call our hotline and reserve your seats early. Some customised deals can only be acquired by calling us directly. You may find an exceptional package awaiting you. On average, Business class tickets with SAS range from 700 to 1000 pounds, depending upon travel date flexibility, and pre-booking.
Does Travelhouseuk cater last-minute flights to Vagar?
Your travel companion for worldwide destinations, Travelhouseuk, has built a loyal following for itself over the years. Our representatives are trained to check every date, travel time, and available flight to cater to your personalized travel plan. Especially during the holiday season, flights are impossible to get last-minute, but we always keep a reserve for our best customers. Booking with us will ensure you comparative fares, on the dates of your choice. Even if you need an urgent flight to Vagar, call our hotline, and let the team take care of the rest.
Although our experts recommend booking at least a few weeks in advance to keep your itinerary flexible, we can catch you that miracle flight you thought was impossible. Stay connected with us through our social media pages for the latest updates on limited time offers.
What are the most popular connecting cities when flying from the UK to Vagar?
Stopovers serve as the long-haul travellers’ only respite, and often an added source of entertainment. Choose wisely, and your flight may lead you from one adventure to another. Modern-day tourism has enabled passengers to pick and choose which city their short stay will be in so that you can map out your journey yourself. As most of the cities in the UK offer connecting flights to Vagar, layovers are inevitable. The most frequented cities include:
Amsterdam: The beautiful canal city is often the top choice for travellers. With plenty to do at the airport itself, you are sure to have a good time. Enjoy the local brews or organic food options at the diverse café’s and restaurants or explore the one-of-a-kind, 24 hr. Library and Museum at the airport. You can even rejuvenate at the spa or go wild in the duty-free store. Hit the panorama terrace for some alone time, or go to the casino for entertainment. If you’re too beat, then rest-up at the Yotel in terminal two.
Edinburgh: Eat away at the Mexican restaurant or Sushi bar. The coffee shop is open 24 hrs for your refreshment. Shop for the best brands at the duty-free, or head to the airport gallery for exclusive Scottish artworks. Ease yourself at the airport lounge, or if you have more time, go sightseeing in the city for the enormous castles.
Copenhagen: Hungry for some delicious eats? Check out the wine bar, the caviar house, or the top fast-food chains, all present here. Rest up and even shower at the exclusive airport lounge. Take a dip in the saltwater pool at the spa or get a massage at the physiotherapy clinic. You can also catch up on some sleep at the airport hotel, or stay connected to friends and family with the free Wi-fi service.
How to get to and from Vagar airport?
VágaFloghavn or Vagar airport serves Vagar and has a code of FAE. It is located one mile away from Vagar Island. Buses, car rentals and taxis are available from the airport to the city centre. Bus line 300 connects Torshavn to Vagar seven days a week.
- Bus fare for a single passenger, one-way, costs 90 DKK for adults, and 45 DKK for children
- Ferry rides may cost around 15 DKK, depending upon the type of pass bought and the distance covered.
- You can also choose to drive, but parking places are designated.
- An auto taxi may cost up to 200 DKK depending upon company choice and distance.
- A helicopter ride between islands is also available for around 125 DKK per person
- Prices are subject to vary based on company choices.
What are the best hotels in Vagar near the airport?
- Hotel Vagar
- Guesthouse Hugo
- Hotel Torshavn
- Bed & Breakfast Sandavágur
- Lisa Guesthouse
What are the top tourist attractions in Vagar?
- Visit Sandavagur Church
- Photography tour Vagar Island
- Mykines the Puffin Island
- Múlafossur Waterfall
- Viking tour - Sandoy and Kirkjubour
- Gasadalur Tunnel
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate