Seeking to explore the majestic beauty of the hub of the Arabian Peninsula? Well then why not book your cheap flights to Sharjah? From engaging wildlife centers, stunning museums, world-famed souks, thriving malls and thrilling theme parks, Sharjah is sure to offer you the very best of this amazing country. The good news is, searching for the cheapest airfare has never been this simple because with TravelHouseUK, you are always in good hands!
You are only required to enter your intended dates of departure and your preferred travel route i.e. direct or indirect and let our highly customized search portal provide you with all the leading airlines flying to the city of Sharjah from UK. The results will also show you the airfares being offered by each airline so you can compare and contrast and book yourself to the flight that best suits your interest.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Sharjah 2021/2022
Which airlines operate flights to Sharjah from the UK?
- Turkish Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- British Airways
- Egypt Air
How long is the flight to Sharjah from the UK?
- It is usually cheaper to get to Sharjah through the Dubai International Airport (DBX), passengers then take a taxi ride to the sister city from the Dubai Airport. From London Heathrow Airport, Emirates and British Airways operate direct flights to Dubai, a trip that lasts for only just 8 hours. However, if the traveller desires a flight to Sharjah International specifically, the cheapest and shortest flight from London Heathrow to Sharjah is 12 to 14 hours long with a stopover in Cairo or Istanbul.
- A flight from Manchester to Sharjah International is 11 hours long. These flights sometimes, not always, come with very long stops in either Istanbul or Cairo.
- Birmingham to Sharjah flights are often dominated by Turkish Airways that have a flight duration of 15 to 17 hours. These flights have a layover in Istanbul.
- London Gatwick Airport offers flights to Sharjah International Airport that are no longer than 12 hours long. Turkish Airlines also dominate this route.
Are there any direct flights to Sharjah from the UK?
No, there are no direct flights from the UK to Sharjah from any airport in the country. However, Emirates and British Airways have long maintained a direct flight between London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Dubai. Dubai Airport, being only minutes away from Sharjah central, is an excellent alternative airport to head to for a trip to Sharjah from the UK. These direct flights are only eight hours long.
Cheap flights to Sharjah with Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines are the most sought after airlines for passengers to go travel to Sharjah. About seventy flights are leaving for Istanbul every week from multiple airports in the United Kingdom. It is easy to find these cheap Turkish Airlines flights, and they are sold quickly in the market, so call our agents immediately to book one. From Istanbul New Airport, there are regular Turkish Airways flights to Sharjah International every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. These flights leave for Sharjah at 6:30 AM Istanbul time. The total duration of the flight is no more than 12 hours.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Sharjah?
During the summer season, especially in July and August, the mercury rises beyond 40°C day after day. For most European citizens this climate is not that comfortable, and so the traffic to the city dwindles. For those who wish to visit Sharjah cheaply, coming to this the city in these months can be significant. Sharjah city has air-conditioned buildings, recreational areas and airport. Most people travelling to the town during this time do not even feel the hot climate outside. There is a slight decrease in the hotel fares; an opportunity for you to avail if you plan a Sharjah trip in July.
What are the major international airports in Sharjah?
Sharjah is a part of the Dubai-Sharjah-Ajman Metropolitan Area, so Dubai International Airport is not so distant from the Sharjah city centre. Sharjah, however, has its own Sharjah International Airport (SHJ) that is the hub of Air Arabia – a low-cost Middle Eastern airline. The airport manages to process twelve million passengers each year. The Sharjah International is only 13 kilometres from downtown Sharjah – Al Sahaba Mosque intersection.
What is the best time to visit Sharjah?
December, January and February are the months of the year best for a visit to Sharjah. In the summers, Sharjah can be hot and humid, which makes the winter months a sigh of relief. During these three months, the temperature hovers between 21°C and 27°C, but consider wearing a light jacket on long walks on the beach at night time. Since the city has a desert climate, there is little to no rain throughout the year regardless. Apart from the weather aspect, more tourists are coming to the town during this time, so expect higher hotel rates and a tad bit costlier airline tickets. However, if you call our agents three to four months in advance, we can secure the best rooms and seats for a fraction of the total price.
What are the major landmarks in Sharjah?
Sharjah blossomed after the city discovered a vast sea of crude oil in its territories. The income from exporting petroleum triggered a construction boom, with one landmark after another filling up the Sharjah skyline.
- Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization possesses five thousand artefacts expounding the history of the Islam and its impact on the region in the past thousand years. There are seven permanent galleries at the museum like the Abu Bakr Gallery, which contains the old cloth pieces that once covered the Ka’abah in Mecca. Other exhibits include a vast coin collection, ancient manuscripts of the Quran, glass antiques and calligraphies. There is a special section of the museum where the original pieces or reconstructions of scientific instruments made by Muslim scientists like the astrolabe are kept. The building itself is beautifully designed, and its gold dome can be seen from afar.
- The Sharjah Aquarium is a marine reserve for more than 150 sea creatures. The marine life includes a wide variety of fish, eels, rays and sharks. There are a total of twenty giant aquariums at the facility that holds 1.8 million cubic meters of seawater. The aquarium is used to educated tourists, locals and students that marine habitat is shrinking by the year due to pollution and climate change. The transparent tunnels under the pools full of fish give the tourist a front seat view of the beautiful animals of the sea, the corals they call home and their place in the circle of life.
- The Al Noor Mosque in Sharjah is the centre of Islamic culture for the residents of the city. There are programs at the mosque that foreign tourists can be a part of to better educate themselves with the Muslim culture, religion and with the emirate of Sharjah. The Al Noor Mosque itself has been built in the Turkish designs, quite similar to the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. Inside there are murals and bas-relief with Quranic scripts writing on the embellished walls. ‘Al Noor’ which means ‘the Light’ in Arabic, and is one of the many names of the Allah and during festivals the building is adorned with spotlights and projected designs.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Sharjah?
Sharjah Transport buses run over the major highways of the city. Some buses connect with Dubai as well. With paved roads and highways and cheaply available gas, there is no real need for a Rapid Transit system. Licensed taxis have a green number plate that shines in the dark, so tourists can easily spot them. By the time this article was written, the engaging cost of a taxi was 3 UAE Dirham plus one Dirham per 650 meters the taxi travels further. Do a little research to sure up on this. Sharjah is a safe city and movement is not restricted by any means.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Sharjah?
Sharjah is the home of luxurious hotels with fantastic restaurants. The Sharjah waterfront is wholly decked with five-star hotels and even hotels with more economical rates. However, if it is a reasonable accommodation experience you require during your visit to Sharjah, choose from the hotels listed below.
- Sheraton Sharjah Beach Resort & Spa
- Hilton Sharjah
- The Act Hotel
- Al Bait Sharjah
- Radisson Blu Resort Sharjah