Cheap flights to Puerto Rico
Cheapest price to Puerto Rico
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 498.42
Recent searches for return flights to Puerto Rico
Which Airlines Fly To Puerto Rico From UK?
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
Which Airlines Operate Direct Flights To Puerto Rico?
There is currently no airline operating direct flights to Puerto Rico from the United Kingdom. For connecting flights, consider booking with major airlines such as Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Iberia, and American Airlines.
How Long Is The Flight To Puerto Rico?
- From London Heathrow to Puerto Rico (Luis Munoz Marin International Airport), the minimum flight duration is 12 hours and 5 minutes. Iberia operates these flights via Madrid.
- The minimum flight duration from London Gatwick to Puerto Rico is 12 hours and 45 minutes. Iberia is the operating airline and Madrid is the layover. Luis Munoz Marin International Airport is the receiving airport for flights to Puerto Rico from London Gatwick.
- American Airlines operates the shortest flights from Manchester to Puerto Rico, taking only 16 hours and 10 minutes to reach Luis Munoz Marin International Airport via Philadelphia.
- The total flight duration from Birmingham to Puerto Rico is 12 hours and 55 minutes with Iberia. This includes the time spent in Madrid for a layover.
- American Airlines offers the shortest one-stop flights to Puerto Rico from Edinburgh, taking just 16 hours and 15 minutes. Your flight will stop over at Philadelphia for a flight connection. The said flight duration includes the layover time.
When Can I Find The Cheapest Flights To Puerto Rico?
You can find the cheapest flights to Puerto Rico in August and September. In general, the off-season lasts from early July to late October, and this is when prices are expected to drop. As is commonly the case, prices experience a slight drop in the middle of the low season but streamline once the season progresses further.
Also, there is that chance that you may get discounts on your low-season tickets for Puerto Rico which is why it is necessary for you to keep track of such developments. One way to do this is by signing up for our weekly newsletter. We let you know when there is a flash sale or promotion and provide specific details of those off-season deals and flight itineraries.
Which Are The Main International Airports In Puerto Rico?
Commonly dubbed as San Juan International Airport, the airport serves the capital of Puerto Rico, from which it is located some 12 kilometres away. The airport, which is the busiest in the Carribean region, has a single large-scale terminal branched into different concourses. Both Delta Air Lines and United Airlines use the Concourse B of the Terminal whereas American Airlines and Avianca use the Concourse C. The IATA code for San Juan International Airport is SJU.Rafael Hernandez International Airport:
The second busiest airport of the country, the Rafael Hernandez International Airport serves Aguadilla, from which it is only 9 kilometres away. Its IATA code is BQN. There is a central terminal and a cargo terminal. Arriving passengers will be using the Gate 14 of the terminal. The terminal has recently gone an upgrade and features high-end retail stores, food joints, and conveniences such as auto rental counters.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Puerto Rico?
The best time to visit Puerto Rico is from April to June. This period is known to be the peak season for tourism and for two reasons: first of all the school holidays, and secondly, the pleasant weather of Puerto Rico during this time of the year. School holidays in the UK (Easter holidays in April and the summer break in May) and the US (spring break in April and summer break in May/June) prompt families to visit Puerto Rico and the like tourist destinations in these months.
This period falls right after winter and before the rainy summer, making it the best time for your next vacations. If it is a short holiday trip, and you do not like crowds, consider travelling on weekends and sightseeing during the weekdays.
What Are The Major Tourist Attractions In Puerto Rico?
- Viejo (San Juan): 16th-century Spanish architecture walkthrough, cocktail bars, buzz nightlife.
- El Yunque National Forest: Popular site among campers and hikers. A tropical rainforest reserve and bird sanctuary. Rapids and waterfalls make it ideal for rafting.
- Flamenco Beach: One of the top Caribbean beaches and a must if you like snorkelling and deep diving.
- Cayo Icacos: An uninhabited island off the shores of Fajardo, and accessible by water-taxis. The right place for yachting and spending a quiet and quaint vacation.
- Culebrita: Yet another uninhabited but trendy island offering a range of activities, from turtle trailing to scuba diving. Featuring a lighthouse, the island really comes alive at night.