Recent searches for return flights to Georgetown 2020/2021
Which airlines fly to Georgetown from the UK?
- American Airlines
- Caribbean Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- British Airways
- Norwegian Air
- Delta Airlines
- Air Canada
Are there any direct flights to Georgetown from the UK?
Presently, there are no non-stop flights to Georgetown from the UK. Single and multi-stop connecting flights are catered by multiple airlines. Departures are available from all major UK cities like London, Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle, and Birmingham. Flight durations are subject to the number of connections and layover.
What is the time duration for UK to Georgetown flights?
- The shortest duration for a Manchester (MAN) to Georgetown (OGL) flight is 14 hours 35 minutes, with one layover in Barbados.
- From Glasgow (GLA) to Georgetown (OGL), a flight takes a minimum 18 hours 15 minutes, with three stopovers and multiple air carriers
- A trip from Newcastle (NCL) to Georgetown (GEO) takes 20 to 22 hours on average, depending on the route
- Birmingham (BHX) to Georgetown (OGL) takes 19 hours 15 minutes, with two stops via Frankfurt and Bridgetown. Another available course is via Dubai and New York, which takes around ten more minutes overall.
- Inverness (INV) to Georgetown (GEO) takes about 20 hours 10 minutes via London Heathrow and New York, flown by British Airways and Caribbean Airlines.
- A flight from Belfast (BHD) to Georgetown (GEO) takes around 19 hours to complete via London Heathrow and New York.
- Overall flight times may change according to stopover delays and durations subject to specific airlines.
How long is a flight from London to Georgetown?
- London and Georgetown are about 4,500 miles apart.
- The quickest flight available from London takes around 14 hours 10 minutes to complete its journey via Bridgetown, flying from London Gatwick
- London Heathrow to Georgetown takes 15 hours 40 minutes in a one-stop flight via New York, operated by American Airlines
- A flight from London Stansted airport takes around 23 hours with two layovers and multiple airlines
- The shortest flight from London City takes about 18 hours to complete, with two stops, flown by American Airlines.
- Departures are available from London Southend and Luton airports as well.
- Flight durations vary according to airline flight schedules and layover delays.
What is the cheapest return ticket available from London to Georgetown?
The lowest price on a return ticket from London Heathrow to Georgetown is around 705 pounds as of March 2020. This itinerary includes a one-stop flight via Miami, flown by British Airways and American Airlines. Other, similarly priced deals on flights are extended in time duration by the number of stops or layovers.
Which airlines provide economic round-trip airfares on flights to Georgetown?
British Airways, American Airlines, Norwegian Air, and Caribbean Airlines all provide reasonable round-trip airfares to Georgetown from the UK. As airlines also offer codeshare flights, it is possible to get good deals when flying with multiple airlines, provided one is flexible with their travel dates. Seasonal trends may also cause fares to drop or spike, so it is better to be vigilant when looking for cheap ticket prices. Generally, round trip airfares from London may cost around 700 to 900 pounds during the low season.
Cheap flights to Georgetown with American Airlines:
The leading flight operator for flights from the UK to Georgetown, American Airlines, ensures exemplary service. Almost two to three, one-stop flights depart from London Heathrow to Georgetown every day. Other connecting flights depart by the scores, seven days of the week, in collaboration with British Airways. Departures are available from all major UK cities including Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Aberdeen, and London. An average flight may take from 17 to 24 hours, depending upon layover locations and departure city. Most American Airlines flights stopover at New York or Miami, en route to Georgetown.
The carrier offers low-cost airfares for round-trip tickets to multiple destinations from the UK as well. For March 2020, a one-stop flight to Georgetown is available at 720 pounds, via Miami, from Heathrow. The journey takes around 18 hours to complete. Regular, economical flights with the airline are readily available, provided one is on the look-out for exclusive offers.
Does Travelhouseuk offer last-minute flight deals to Georgetown in 2020?
Place your faith in the expertise of the Travelhouseuk team to arrange everything for your perfect trip to Georgetown. Our loyal customers always return and have excellent reviews. As is our code, we address your every travel need, tailor-made to your choices. Applying the best combination of modern tools and technology, we bring you never-before-seen offers, in liaison with luxury airlines.
Are you looking for Holiday flights this Christmas 2020? Are you planning to spend the vacations in Georgetown? Even if you are running late and require an instant flight, all you need to do is call us on our hotline. Our agents can arrange that eleventh-hour flight at the most economical fares. Now you don’t need to worry about the when and how. We secure a special reserve of seats for those fliers who are always in need of some miracle at the last minute. Our team ensures you have a stress-free flight, whether travelling for business or pleasure. Keep checking our social pages for any mid-season surprises and giveaways.
Which airlines are the best choice for Business Class flights to Georgetown?
A trip in Business Class demands a high price, particularly when flying long-haul. The feeling of stepping out a plane with complete primp and aristocracy compares to nothing, particularly after the effects of jet-lag. When travelling with family or colleagues, the impeccable service and gourmet food alone will make the price worthwhile. And it doesn’t hurt to be part of the express lane or get extra space to stretch yourself out on the plane.
American Airlines is among the top airlines providing exceptional services in a Business Class flight. Flying London Heathrow to Georgetown, it is preferable to travel with an upgrade, considering the time it takes. An American Airlines Business Class ticket to Georgetown is available at around 2450 pounds for May 2020.
Usually, high-cost, Business Class flights are rarely opted for, as a means to travel. Nowadays, however, with airline partnerships, even Business Class flights are a rising trend. With Travelhouseuk, you can get access to all our catered airlines and check for individual fares for the same journey. Don’t forget to visit our Business Flights page for more details. You can also call our hotline for pre-booking and expert advice.
What are the most popular stopover cities on flights to Georgetown from the UK?
Pick a stopover smartly, and you will be a please traveller. Layover cities give the tired passenger a few hours off the plane amidst their journey and also provide the opportunity to explore the connecting destination. If you’re looking to satiate your wanderlust while working or travelling just for fun, stopover choices may give you the perfect solution. Although specific airline routes are fixed, many carriers enable free stopovers during connecting flights. As the UK to Georgetown flights is catered by multiple airlines, time durations are also dependent upon the extent of the layovers. All flights from the UK are usually connected through London Heathrow or Gatwick airports, and then further on to other cities. The most common stopover cities when flying from London include:
New York: The Big Apple is the central hub of culture, fashion, art, and lifestyle, but you will require more than six hours on a layover to go exploring in the city. Luckily, there’s ample to do within the JFK airport itself. Enjoy shakes and delicious wines at terminals 2 and 8, or try the mouthwatering cuisines at the many options of cafés and restaurants. Shop for all the top brands at the duty-free while dropping your kids at the children’s play area. Try the express spa for a rejuvenation session, or grab a sleeping pod to get some shut-eye. You can even take a shower at the exclusive airport lounge. If after all this, you have time, then go to Times Square, Central Park or MOMA, to have the experience of a lifetime.
Miami: The gateway to the Caribbean will welcome you with enthusiasm and life, as it is an amalgam of multiple cultures and languages. So it is, as seen at the airport itself, which is teeming with tourists all year round. Don’t forget to sample the empanadas or Cuban sandwiches at the local eateries. Get a mani-pedi at the spa or stretch out in the yoga room. Visit the in-house gallery exhibits or get some rest at the airport hotel. If you have more time, then why not sunbathe at the beautiful Miami beaches? Explore the colourful neighbourhoods, cafe’s and bars, the party life in Miami is a legend after all.
What is the best time to fly to Georgetown?
For weather-wise travellers, the ideal time to visit is in between the rainy seasons, when the temperatures are comfortably warm. Georgetown experiences a hot climate all year round, so if you don’t mind the heat, you can travel at any time. The busiest months are March through August, and the climate is 30 degrees Celsius, on average. For a slight temperature variation, visit from November to January, which is wintertime here.
To get a good bargain on flights to Georgetown, it is imperative to fly during the off-season months. Tourism is scarce, accommodation is readily available, and fare prices drop significantly. Booking several weeks in advance also ensures you get the premium airline offers, on dates of your choice. Flying in-between tourism seasons can also get you an economical flight.
What airport in Georgetown serves international flights from the UK?
There are two airports in Georgetown that cater to UK flights; Cheddi Jagan International airport ad Ogle airport. Their codes are GEO and OGL respectively and are separated by a 55 minutes driving distance. The former airport is the main airport in the country and is 24 miles away from the city centre. You can get a pre-booked taxi or car service from the airport to the city.
How do I get around in Georgetown?
- Domestic flights within the airports of the country are also available.
- Official taxis can be pre-booked and cost around G$5000 to 7000, depending upon the distance from the airport. The yellow-painted taxi cabs have official uniform drivers and may cost around G$ 350 to get to central Georgetown, depending upon the departing airport.
- You can drive within the city, but it requires a special permit and international license
- Affordable minibus services are also available with a fixed number of stops; fares change according to route lengths.
- Water taxis are also available, lining certain parts of the city
- Several bus routes run between fixed tracks, run by companies that provide executive coach and rental car services as well.
What is there to do for fun in Georgetown?
- Visit the Panama Retreat & winery
- Go to the Promenade Gardens
- See the Kaieteur Falls
- Visit the Gothic Building of St. George’s Cathedral
- Take a nature Safari
- Visit Backyard Café
What are the top hotels in Georgetown?
- Guyana Marriott Hotel Georgetown
- Grand Coastal Hotel
- Demico Hotel
- Cara Lodge
- Ramada by Wyndham Princess Georgetown
- Paavnik Apartments