Discover a new world with cheap flights to Tehran coming your way this season. Tehran is the established traditional and cultural capital apart from being the official federal capital of Iran. Be it the architectural grace of its landmarks, its gardens or its public institutions, Tehran resonates growth and progress. Mehrabad International Airport serves all international Tehran flights, connected via a network of 35 weekly flights with 7 international air operators. Hop aboard with either Qatar Airways or Gulf Air by purchasing cheap flight tickets to Tehran from TravelhouseUK’s agents who are just a call away and available for assistance.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Tehran 2020/2021
Which airlines operate flights to Tehran from the UK?
- Turkish Airlines
- Qatar Airways
How can I book Tehran flights with flexible booking options?
Travelhouseuk offers a free cancellation service and a date change waiver on specific tickets following a booking. Travellers can also have it another way by securing tickets on deposit payment and converting the rest to monthly instalments. Booking in advance pays off, and we recommend it, but travellers will only book with confidence if they have the option of rescheduling their flights at a later date. We respect your priorities and honour it by offering these two contingency options. Please be advised that date change waiver and free cancellation applies to specific tickets against specific dates. Please take a minute to call 020 3137 1339 to check which conditions apply. Our travel agents are available on social media as well, so you can achieve the same level of communication if you decide to contact us that way.
What should I do if I want to reschedule my Tehran flights?
Travelhouseuk ramps up efforts to make flight bookings more 'flexible' by offering a free date-change voucher. Please bear in mind the guidelines provided at the time of your booking as the said voucher only applies to select bookings against certain dates. You can call 020 3137 1339 or talk to our travel agent using social media to get the details in full. If our agent has issued you a voucher, you are definitely eligible to redeem it. When it comes to that, you are advised to contact the agent handling your booking in time to get the desired result. Keeping the communication alive between yourself and your travel agent is the key to getting it right, as with other matters.
How to find the cheapest flights to Tehran?
First things, first. Travellers booking in advance, say 3 to 6 months, have a better chance to beat the last-minute price hike. Seasonal and limited-time offers keep trickling in from time to time, and with the help of your travel agent, you can pick one of the more hard-to-find offers. Travelhouseuk continues to deliver the best flight deals for Tehran with flexible booking options. The fares quoted will be fairly reasonable and strictly competitive. This means that the cost of your flight, one-stop or multi-stop, will be kept to a minimum. If the price still exceeds your budget, or perhaps you are booking at the last minute, you can easily get the tickets by making a deposit payment. The remaining amount will be carried onto monthly instalments. Please use this time to contact us on social media so we can show you our exclusive deals for Tehran.
Are there any direct flights to Tehran from the UK?
Due to the current geopolitical situation, no flights are leaving directly to Tehran from any airport in the country. People who wish to travel to the Iranian capital can do so by taking a Turkish Airlines flight from London Heathrow Airport, with a stopover in Istanbul. These have flights have a duration of 11 hours.
How long is the flight to Tehran from the UK?
- Taking a flight from London Heathrow Airport can get you to Tehran in 10 hours and 25 minutes via a stopover in Istanbul or Doha.
- The aeroplanes which take off from Manchester’s Airport will reach Tehran in 10 to 13 hours, depending on the airline you travel with and the duration of the stopovers. These flights also have a layover in Istanbul or Doha.
- The Birmingham to Tehran flight comes with a stop in Frankfurt and is complete in about nine to ten hours.
- The trip from London Gatwick Airport to Tehran takes nine to eleven hours depending on the route you take to reach the city. The flight comes with a layover, either at Istanbul, Doha or Frankfurt.
How to get cheap Business Class flights to Tehran?
Given the trend of ever-rising Business Class fares, a less expensive flight deal might spin pass your notice. Yes, Business Class flight deals exist, and travelhouseuk is where you can get them. Qatar Airways, Emirates, British Airways, and Lufthansa continue to stay on top as go-to choices for luxury flying. Airlines typically pitch high prices and our exclusive Business Class deals on cheap flights to Tehran can take you over the line. It's your call, of course. Feel free to make contact (020 3137 1339/social media) to check the prices we have. Now if you have checked and have a strong feeling that prices are still high, you can always go for our instalment plan option that can slice the cost down a bit. In the meantime, you can subscribe to our newsletter for updates and offers.
How can I fly to Tehran now and pay in instalments?
As airfares rise, more and more travellers begin to fly to Tehran using our Fly Now Pay Later option. This instalment plan shall be provided upon the request of a customer, and will allow them to get their flight tickets on the deposit payment. The plan typically involves three monthly instalments in which you, the traveller, are required to pay the remaining amount. It is meant to facilitate both Business and Economy Class travellers but we recommend that you talk directly to one of our travel agents (020 3137 1339) for information more to the point.
Cheap flights to Tehran with Turkish Airways
Three major airlines are operating between Tehran and the United Kingdom, and the most affordable option is Turkish Airways. Even though the political situation can fluctuate anytime, hurting the airline business connecting these two destinations, still cheap Turkish Airline tickets to Tehran are sought after, especially within the Persian community living in the UK. Turkish Airlines operate ten flights every week from London based airports to Istanbul. From Istanbul, six flights are leaving for Tehran each week. Keeping the layovers to a minimum duration, we can plan out twelve Turkish Airlines flights each week that connect London to Tehran.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Tehran?
The slowest months of the year are November and December when Tehran hides under a blanket of snow. Being a Muslim majority city, Tehran does not experience the December rush back to the city-of-origin, as most of the west experiences. On the contrary, most foreigners leave the city leaving the hotels and aeroplanes empty. As the demand dies, the cost also slides down making this an excellent time to visit the city on the cheap. The temperature does not fall below 8°C during this time, and it snows only once or twice a month.
What are the major international airports in Tehran?
There are two major airports in Tehran but only one, the Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport (IKA), entertains all flights coming in and going out of the country. Each year the airport facilitates nine million passengers through its three terminals and two runways. The Tehran Metro is connected with the airport, and a sky bridge connects the airport facility to a new metro station just across the road. Considering Hor Square as the city centre, the Imam Khomeini Airport is an hour drive away, 50 kilometres south of the city.
What is the best time to visit Tehran?
There are two times in a year ideal for visiting Tehran, which are the spring and the autumn seasons. So, the best time to arrive in Tehran would be from April to June and from September to October. The weather changes drastically in Tehran which is why it is too warm during the summer. Indeed the busiest season in Tehran is the summer; however, we still recommend the traveller to visit the city in the shoulder months when the climate is more pleasant, and you can feel comfortable moving around on foot, exploring the place, without overheating. During these times the sky remains blue and cloudless and the temperature hovers between 21°C and 29°C.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Tehran?
- Espinas Palace Hotel
- Novotel Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport
- Parsian Azadi Hotel
- Tehran Homa Hotel
- Tehran Laleh International Hotel Iran
What are the major landmarks in Tehran?
- The Golestan Palace is the oldest and most beautiful of the imperial palaces of Iran. The palace complex is a combination of many Royal buildings, gardens, museums and enclosures that were built over the years by the Qajar Kings. Of all the architectural gems in the complex, the most beautiful is the Marble Throne. The yellow marble throne sits right in the heart of the terrace, surrounded by the best wood carving and mirror work in Iran’s architectural history. The Brilliant Hall covered in crystals and mirrors is a sight to behold and demands a standing ovation.
- The last imperial dynasty to rule Iran was the Pahlavi. The Pahlavi monarchs used to reside at the Sa’dabad Palace Complex located in the north of the city. The palace is currently the residence of the President of Iran, but tourists are welcome to take a tour. The artefacts and the mansions within the complex have been maintained in their original form. Of note is the Mirror Hall of the Green Palace which glitters like a galaxy from the ceiling to the floor.
- The Borj-e-Azadi or the Tower of Independence is the Iconic structure in Azadi Square in Tehran. This structure was built right when the country found its oil wealth which triggered the Iranian Renaissance period. The museum underground is a work of art in itself and contains pieces of polished marbles, precious stones and geodes that reflect the mineral wealth of the country and the esthetic sense of the artists in that bygone era.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Tehran?
The Tehran Metro is the best option for the curious traveller to go about Tehran. The Tehran Metro has five lines that stretch from one end of the city to the other. The metro system is both cheap and quite understandable for stranger new to the town and allows the tourist to escape the debilitating traffic jams on the city’s streets. Line 1 moves north to south and Line 2 get you from east to west — the Tehran Metro ticket costs around 7,000 Iranian riyals which equal to 16 pennies. Apart from the metro, there is a Bus Rapid Transit network and private taxis available for the tourist to get around Tehran cheaply and quickly.