020 3137 1339
Cheap flights to Cologne
Recent searches for return flights to Cologne
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Cologne from UK?
- British Airways
- Austrian Airlines
- TAP Air Portugal Airlines
How long is the flight to Cologne from UK?
- Flight from London Heathrow to Cologne is about 1 hour 45 minutes. It depends on the airline the passenger uses, but usually the flight comes with a stopover.
- Flight from Manchester to Cologne also takes 1 hour 45 minutes. This flight is not direct and comes with a stopover.
- Flights from Birmingham to Cologne are can take 3 to 8 hours. The increase in flight duration is due to a stopover and depends on the airline the passenger uses.
- Flights from London Gatwick to Cologne are preferred by people who would like a stopover, in another European city for a few hours before continuing on to their destination. The flight can take anywhere from 7 to 10 hours.
Does Easy Jet offer direct flights to Cologne from London?
Yes, Easy Jet operates regular flights to Cologne from London. It is the low cost airline with quality services all across the European countries. You may also avail an option to book cheap flight to Cologne from any of the nearest UK airport.
Which are the main international airports in Cologne?
Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) serves the cities of Cologne and Bonn combined. The airport has a long history, but it was first used for civilian purposes in 1958 when the British controlled West Germany extended the runway to attract business and provide an easy air commute to the city of Cologne. The airport has since seen many expansions and renovations and is one of the four major international airports in Unified Germany. In 2017, the airport handled 12.3 million passengers. It is only 14 kilometres from the city centre of Cologne and 16 kilometres from the city of Bonn. Cologne Bonn Airport is truly a strategically placed facility that serves two cities at the same time.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Cologne?
The cheapest time of the year in Cologne is definitely in the spring. The window is brief though; just a few weeks of April might be the best time to look for great deals. You can experience Cologne when it is about to burst into the colours of spring and that too on the cheap. The cheap deals, flights and accommodations in Cologne are sure to give you that extra pleasure that you require to really enjoy your vacations.
What are the entry requirements to Cologne for British travellers?
A British Passport holder does not require a visa to enter Germany, as Britain and Germany are both members of the European Union. The organization guarantees unrestricted movements of the European citizens throughout the continent, but passengers are required to prove their identity.
What is the best time to visit Cologne?
The absolute best time to visit Cologne is from May to September. Although Cologne attracts visitors by the millions throughout the year even in February and November, the May-September period is the most appropriate time to visit the city because of the sunshine and comparatively lesser tourists than in February and November. Cologne has two Carnivals falling in these two months, which attracts a lot of tourists. If you can spare the time, do visit them, but if not, you still will have a quieter summer in Cologne.
What are the major landmarks in Cologne?
Cologne has had the advantage of being a ‘Free city-state’ back in the times when it was a part of the Holy Roman Empire. In modern times, Cologne has benefited by being in a strategic potion: between the city of Dusseldorf and Bonn. It has become a centre of fashion, design, art, scientific research and houses many German federal institutions.
- The Cologne Cathedral unequivocally is the most important and outstanding landmark, visible on the Cologne skyline. The medieval cathedral was primarily built to attract pilgrims to the city and is a reliquary to house the remains of the Three Wise Men, who came bearing gifts at Jesus’ birth. The cathedral’s foundations were laid in 1248 but the construction was delayed for centuries. In the 19 century, the cathedral was finally completed and was inaugurated by King Wilhelm I. At a height of 157 metres the cathedral was the tallest man-made structure ever built back in the day. Today, it still represents the presence of Catholicism in Germany and it a site regularly visited by the Pope, German Chancellors and other dignitaries.
- Kolner Philharmonie is a concert hall in Cologne very close to the Cologne Cathedral. The tradition of classical music and the orchestra runs deep in German culture and tradition. The symphonic concert hall is built under the town’s main square. Unfortunately, footsteps and traffic can be heard down in the hall, so while the concerts are playing for an audience the town square is closed for traffic. The concert hall was first opened in 1986 and has a pipe organ that has three keyboards, 67 stops with altogether 5,394 pipes.
- The KolnTriangle is the prime location to visit for a tourist. Just for €3, you can go up to the sixth floor and take an amazing photo shoot. The vantage point is the best spot for a selfie and is often visited by the tourists to take in the view of this magnificent city. High over the trees, one can see the Rhine River, the Cologne cathedral and many other structures that glisten above the city of Cologne. On the ground floor of the building, there is a magnificent restaurant that most tourists choose to eat from, once they have viewed the city through the eagle’s eye.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Cologne?
The carnival of fools starts on the 28th of February. For seven days on, the carnival shifts forms and names and ends at Ash Wednesday. Parades run the streets during the entire week, and cheerful Germans have a fun time drinking and partying the entire week. The Firework show in Cologne, popularly known as the Cologne lights is often sold out months before the event. The festival is conducted on the 21st of July when the skyline above the city of Cologne is illuminated by a lot of pyrotechnics. Cologne’s second carnival begins in the eleventh month, on the eleventh day of November at 11:11 am. The festival is known as the St. Martin’s Day.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Cologne?
Getting around in Cologne is easy and amazingly cheap. The city is bisected by the Rhine River but bridges and the ring road join it back to gather to make a whole. The city heavily depends on the light tram rails that run through the city. The rapid transit system that the citizens of Cologne depend on is vital for their lifestyle and day to day business activity. The tourist can use these trams to move through the city. The rail network converges at the centre of the city and then dilates in every direction, spanning to the very edges of Cologne.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Cologne?
There are many five star hotels in Cologne. The medieval architecture of the city is nostalgic, but most hotels celebrate a more modern look that boasts the futuristic ambitions of the city.
- Cologne Marriott Hotel
- Excelsior Hotel Ernst
- Dorint Hotel am Heumarkt Koln
- Hotel Im Wasserturm
- Hyatt Regency Cologne