Recent searches for return flights to Antwerp 2021/2022
Which airlines operate flights to Antwerp from UK?
- Hahn Air
- British Airways
- VLM Airlines
How long is the flight from UK to Antwerp?
There is only one airport that connects to Antwerp directly in all of London, which is London City Airport (LCY). The flight is usually 1 hour 10 minutes long. There are no direct flights from other cities in the country to Antwerp. Please contact our travel agents for a travel plan.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Antwerp?
September to December is the time when your visit to Antwerp will be at the cheapest rates. As autumn arrives, most tourists depart for their homes. The hotels and airlines prefer that their rooms and seats are full and profiting. Some businesses offer deals, others offer discounts during the beginning of autumn, to attract more customers. Expect at least a 50 % reduction in prices and grab this opportunity to visit Antwerp at a trivial price.
What is the major international airport in Antwerp?
The Antwerp International Airport (ANR) facilitates the second most populous city in Belgium. It is an international airport but with a fairly limited reach. The airport served 273,130 people in 2017. Apart from a few international flights, many Belgian domestic airlines operate from the Antwerp airport.
What are the entry requirements to Antwerp for British travellers?
British nationals do not need a visa to visit Belgium. The passport, however, needs to clearly state the visitor as a 'British Citizen' to be allowed into the country without question for a period of three months.
What is the best time to visit Antwerp?
The best time to visit Antwerp is from March to October. The sun is high and warm over Antwerp and there is little to no rain during this time. Humidity in the air is also at a mild 60 percent. The Belgian summer breeze in the morning is like a refreshing reminder for the tourist to make the most from the day. Most tourists head for Antwerp in July, so if you want to escape the crowds, come to the city in the shoulder months.
What are the major landmarks in Antwerp?
Antwerp is the second most populous city in Belgium. The golden age of Antwerp is closely associated with the Age of Exploration. The city saw many trading and venturing ships come and go out of its port back then. Antwerp grew on the riches brought over by the merchants and their sense of adventure still reflects in the city’s architecture.
- The Antwerp Central Station is one of the best examples of railway station architecture in the world. The central station withstood the test of time; the sturdy design took the blows of bombs in the world war and is still standing after minor restorations. Recently, the central station went through another makeover when high-speed trains were introduced into the Belgian railway network.
- Cogels-Osylei in Zurenborg is a neighbourhood of sheer wonder. The houses on the street have been designed by world-renowned architects in the early 1900s. In Belgian architectural history, that era is known as belle époque (the beautiful era), when aesthetics of a building were as important as functionality. The art nouveau facades of the houses make it a fascinating place to be inspired by Antwerp.
- The Guildhalls Sint-Joris and Antwerp City Hall are in the Grote Markt of Antwerp. The Grote Markt is Main Square of the city of Antwerp and has the atmospherics of the 16th century. The elaborately decorated buildings and guildhalls of the square let you immerse into that exquisite pleasure of vacationing in Belgium.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Antwerp?
The festival celebrated specifically in Antwerp is the Cultuurmarkt van Vlaanderen. The festival is conducted in August and welcomes street actors from all over Europe to the city. The performers and actors paint the atmosphere of Antwerp with the colours of their talent. Laus Polyphoniae Festival introduces the tourist to French renaissance music in September. In December, the Open Air Skating festivals make the tourists realize that many Antwerpers are more comfortable gliding over crystalline ice than walking over the cobblestones that pave the city streets.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Antwerp?
The cheapest way of getting around Antwerp is through buses and trams in the city. The trams and buses are provided by De Lijn Transportation Company and their networks are perfectly interlinked. Apart from that, the city encourages travellers to move around using a more eco-friendly option – Bicycles. If you do not own one, you can hire a bicycle at € 8.00 for a week.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Antwerp?
The city of Antwerp has an array of hotels and accommodations. The city’s 16th-century charm warms most hotels in Antwerp but more modern options are also available.
- Hotel Julien
- Inn by Radisson Antwerpen
- Hotel Rubens - Grote Markt
- Hilton Antwerp Old Town
- Van der Valk Hotel Antwerpen