Yes, the American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair and Iberia all have direct flights from London Heathrow to Baltimore. Direct flights from London to Baltimore only take seven hours to reach the American destination. The cost of the ticket changes from season to season but the price always hovers between £700 and £750.
British Airways is now a part of the International Airlines Group. This group of airlines dominates the air traffic that goes over the Atlantic Ocean. British Airways flights to Baltimore are sought after since they are direct flights and shorter in duration than connecting flights. There is one BA flight leaving for Baltimore every day at 3:55 PM from London Heathrow Airport.
Getting a cheap ticket to Baltimore from the UK can be certainty around the week before Halloween. October and early November are famously affordable months to buy airline tickets for Baltimore. According to the data shared by the city authorities, there is a sharp drop in travellers coming to the city during the fall months. People begin to save up and defer their travels until Christmas season, but airlines want to keep their businesses running by lowering the rates a bit. Fortunately, it does not being snowing until late November, which is why travellers on a budget should avail this affordable time to travel to Baltimore.
Baltimore is an ‘independent city’ not far from Washington D.C. These cities share a Metropolitan zone and an airport. The Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is the official name of the airport handling all flight in and out of the city. Fortunately, the airport is closer to Baltimore city centre than it is to Washington and it takes 21 minutes to reach BWI. Each year there are 27 million passengers headed to Baltimore Washington Airport for their travelling needs.
Summer is the best time to visit Baltimore, so coming to the city any time between April and August can be a treat. During this time the summer is mild and pleasant. The Chesapeake Bay keeps the temperature nice and warm even at the height of the summer season. During this time remains between 25°C to 32°C. The time between May and July are of festivities so coming to Baltimore then is an added plus. As the reader can understand, many more people visit the city at this time which inflames the accommodation costs particularly. Airfare fluctuates less as there are plenty of option and cheaper packages offered by my airlines crossing the pond.
Baltimore is said to be the city of charm. The enchantments of Baltimore hypnotise the visitor especially those who love and study American history. The American dream is forever attached to the town.
- The man who wrote the American National Anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner” was Francis Scott Key. He was defending Fort McHenry from invasion when the lyrics hit him. The Fort McHenry is the most visited national historic site in Baltimore. The fort was used to protect the city in the war of 1812 and later was used by the US army in the World Wars.
- The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary or the Baltimore Basilica for short is the first ever cathedral built in the USA. The construction was complete in 1824, and the Basilica still stands at the very heart of the city. The interior of the building is surprisingly brighter than most Gothic buildings usually are and houses many priceless artefacts.
- The Historic Ships of Baltimore is a maritime museum that houses the many vessels associated with American naval history. Among these ships are USS Constellation (1854), USCGC Taney, USS Torsk and the Chesapeake. The USS Constellation (1854) was commissioned in 1855, and on the orders of Abraham Lincoln was part of the civil war, blockaded ports of the Confederacy and captured a few slave trafficking ships. Visit the museum to know more!
Baltimore city is quite easy to get around. Try travelling through the Water Taxis which is a beautiful way of touring the city between its neighbourhoods. The water taxis travel to fixed destinations like the Fells Point and Fort McHenry. You can also consider the option of moving through the city using the free bus service of Baltimore known as Charm City Circulator that runs throughout the city's famed attractions and is possibly the most famous mode of travel amongst the tourists..
There are many hotels in Baltimore. The extravagant choose the best hotels facing the Chesapeake Bay, the rest save money by relaxing in more affordable options.
- Four Seasons Baltimore
- Sagamore Pendry Baltimore
- The Ivy Hotel
- Lord Baltimore Hotel
- Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor