Recent searches for return flights to Tampere 2021/2022
Which airlines move passengers from the UK to Tampere?
- Scandinavian Airlines
- British Airways
How long does it take to fly to Tampere from the UK?
- From London Heathrow Airport, both Finnair and Scandinavian Airlines compete to take passengers to Tampere. Both airlines offer one stopover during their flights in Helsinki or Stockholm respectively. The total duration of the trip is only five hours.
- With just a short stop in Helsinki, the flight from Manchester to Tampere lasts only five hours and fifteen minutes.
- The journey from Birmingham to Tampere is eight hours and ten minutes long, with two stopovers: one is Dusseldorf and the second in Helsinki.
- A flight leaving for Tampere from London Gatwick Airport reaches its destination in five hours and fifteen minutes as well, with a stop in Riga, Latvia.
Do airlines offer direct flights between United Kingdom and Tampere?
No, there are no direct flights between Tampere and any airport in the UK. Most British tourists leaving for Tampere use Finnair since it is cheap and some flights are scheduled to allow a longer stay in Helsinki. The Helsinki stopover is 13 to 15 hours long, which will enable you to take an exploration expedition to two Finnish cities in one flight.
Cheap Flights to Tampere with Finnair
Finnair flights from the United Kingdom to Tampere sell out very quickly, which is why it is imperative that you give us a call a few months before you intend to travel. This Finnair flight route would take you from the UK to Helsinki first, and then from there, you would be flown to Tampere. Multiple Finnair flights are leaving for Helsinki every day from London alone. Seven flights like flight-number AY 1342 take passengers to Helsinki every day of the week. AY 1340, however, takes off at 7:30 AM every day of the week except on Sundays. From Manchester, Finnair has at least two scheduled flight services that are AY1362 and AY1366. Both of these services are operated daily. From Helsinki onwards to Tampere, Finnair operates AY263 and AY265. The flight duration of this portion of your travel is just half an hour.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Tampere?
The cheapest time in Tampere is, of course, in the winter months, except for the few weeks before and after Christmas. As mentioned in the previous question, human activity in the city keeps the urban area warmer than the surrounding rural area. The average temperatures fall to a -5°C, grinding the tourist inflow to a halt. Grab a thick jacket and come to Tampere then, in the winter, for a jaw-droppingly cheap trip and have a new icy and exciting Finnish experience. There is another more affordable window for tourists on a budget, but it is brief. Coming to Tampere in April can provide you with a bit lower rates and warmer outdoors to explore the city. Please call our agents at 020 3745 5784 between 07:30 AM and 10:00 PM, UK time, for cheap flights to Tampere.
Is there an international airport in Tampere?
Tampere-Pirkkala Airport (TMP) is 13 kilometres from the Tampere city centre. Apart from being an international airport that has regional commercial airlines landing on its tarmac, the facility is also a military base for the Finnish Air Force. The airport annually handles about 250,000 passengers, and most British passengers fly from London Heathrow Airport to reach Tampere using airBaltic or Finnair.
What is the best time to visit Tampere?
June till mid-September is the best time to visit Tampere. Scandinavian countries, including Finland, are always under the cold spell of the Arctic Circle. Tampere, however, is situated in the warmer southern half of the country and exhibits a phenomenon known as a ‘heat island’. Being the third most populous country in Finland, Tampere generates its own heat, due to human activities, and creates its own weather or a heat island. The heat island keeps the temperatures above 15°C at all times during the summers. During mid-day, the temperature hits the mid-twenties, in July. The summer is also the busy season in Tampere, so expect higher ticket and accommodation prices.
What are the major landmarks in Tampere?
Tampere is a picturesque city situated between Pyhäjärvi and Näsijärvi Lakes. Apart from the many museums and parks in the city, there are old cathedrals and temples in the area. Bus networks provide an easy commute between these sites and landmarks.
- Särkänniemi amusement park is the best in all of the country. Six rollercoasters are whirling the screaming adventure seekers in this park. With names like ‘the tornado’ and ‘Skyrocket II’, these rollercoaster rides provide the most thrills and it is worth to wait in the line for your turn outside these adventure churners. Apart from these, there are water rides and an aquarium where kids and adults can learn about local marine life.
- The Moomins is a Finnish comic book series. Like Harry Potter in the United Kingdom, the Moomins have had a fan following in Finland and Sweden for more than thirty years. Kids and Adults both have fallen in love with these white hippopotamus cartoons and visit the Moomin Museum. Tourists can visit this site and enjoy the popular caricatures of Tampere that excite thousands even today.
- The Tampere Cathedral was built in 1907. It is famous for the paintings and frescos by the Finnish painter Hugo Simberg. These paintings were radical at the time but now have become a masterpiece. Among Hugo’s impressive works at the cathedral, the garden of death is the most famous, which depicts skeletons, shrouded in black, watering vines and plants.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Tampere?
The snowless days of summer allow the citizens of Tampere to enjoy every bit of life at the Blockfest festival conducted every August. Blockfest is a hip hop extravaganza that invites artists like Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Dog and Ice Cube. Tampere Jazz Happening is another event that has been held in the city since 1982. The month of March welcomes the Tampere Film Festival, where short films from around the world are showcased. Tampere light festival is perhaps the longest of all festivals. Beautiful lights illuminate the streets for the 135 darkest days of the year – March to October.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Tampere?
Tampere has excellent roads and highways. Particularly in the downtown area, tourists can move on foot quickly. The main square of Tampere city is also part of the old city centre and is called Keskustori. The rest of the town is divided into many districts. Tourists can also hire a bike for just € 10, with a deposit of € 40, but some roads do not have a bike lane, and the pavement gets slippery in the winter due to ice, so tread carefully. Tampere has an extensive bus network. Adults using the bus can purchase a ticket for € 3, however, for children, the ticket costs € 1.5. One bus ticket is valid for all transfers within the next 60 minutes. Tampere also has safe and reliable taxis that charge approximately € 10 for a 5-kilometre trip.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Tampere?
Tampere does not have many five star hotels and resorts. There are, however, a wide variety of four-star hotels in the city that provide excellent lodging and dining services. TravelhouseUK hopes that you select one of the hotels in the list below.
- Scandic Tampere Station
- Lapland Hotel Tampere
- Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Tammer
- Solo Sokos Hotel Torni Tampere
- Original Sokos Hotel Ilves