Cheap Flights to Cape Town
Hop onboard if you are on a hunt for cheap flights to Cape Town from UK. A comfortable as well as economical experience on a carrier of your choice is one of the wishes TraveHouseuk makes come true for you. Fly home with a low cost flight to Cape town. Experience this striking destination as a tourist. There are over 250 weekly international flights and nonstop flights to 28 destinations, 40 airlines operate out of Cape Town International Airport.
British Airways, Virgin Atlantic or South African Airways are your pick if you need direct flight tickets to capetown, additionally you can get a cheap air ticket day of the week with any renowned carrier such as Emirates, Qatar, KLM, Swiss Air, Air Mauritius or Air France. Just call us in and get yourself a bargain travel deal for an affordable trip to Cape Town, or leave us a query and our travel expert shall get back to you with all possible options.
Where should I visit in Cape Town? get to know about this and much more through our travel guide to Cape Town.
Why visit Cape Town?
A popular sightseer’s destination in whole of Africa, A world Design Capital, an economic hub of the Western Cape Province, here is the City of Cape Town. If we call it tourists’ paradise, it will absolutely be fit to its importance. Offering Mediterranean climate throughout the year, Cape Town proves its capacity to charm the tourist from around the world in any part of the year.
- Table Mountain: Seductive of all attractions in Cape Town is the Table Mountain. Get a Cable car to steal the amazing vista of city attractions from the top of Table Mountain.
- Cape point or Cape of Good Hope: Enjoy a beautiful view of this hope point from the Table Mountain national park.
- The Castle of Good Hope: If you are a fond of iconic architectural structures, this old fort serves best to your sight. An old fort is turned into new popular museum--showcasing the past of the city at its best.
- Boulders Penguin Colony: Get yourself closer to the penguins in Boulders penguins colony.
- V&A Waterfront: Most visited attraction in Cape Town, named after Queen Victoria of England and her youngest son Alfred. It is a place worth visiting, whether you are a shopoholic, night life enthusiast, food lover, or just want to explore the historic harbor, V&A Waterfront offers all for you.
How far is the airport from city centre?
The Cape Town International Airport is located about 22 kilometres from the city centre. It takes you about 20-25 minutes from the airport to reach the central city.
Which major airlines fly to Cape Town from UK?
You can fly to Cape Town from major cities of UK with the following airlines: Turkish Airlines, Air France, Egypt Air, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Emirates, SAA, British Airways and Ethiopian Airlines.
How to travel to the city centre from the airport?
My CiTi bus rapid transit system provides a shuttle service which connects the airport with the Civil bus station—city centre. Buses depart every 20 minutes from 04:20 to 22:00, transporting passengers to and from the airport. Metered taxis are also provided to facilitate airport transportation.
How to get around the city?
You can travel within the city on two types of taxis: metered taxis and minibus taxis.
What’s the best time to visit Cape Town?
December and January are the months of exotic summer holidays to spend on lovely beaches here. While, the autumn months May and June bring the balmy days and cool nights-- a perfect time for hiking. Best time to visit this city is spring and Autumn.
Average flight time to Cape Town from UK:
The approximate flight time from London to Cape Town is 11 hours 35 minutes.
Is there any direct flight to Cape Town from UK?
British Airways offers direct flights to Cape Town from UK.
Where to Stay in Cape Town?
You may find a number of accommodations from hostels to luxury hotels while in Cape Town. Staying in city centre is always cheaper, for most of the attractions are within reach. Finding an accommodation in suburbs of the city is also a good choice.
By Z A Chahal
Handy Tips To Know Before your departure flight to Cape Town!
- Cape Town International Airport is the main airport catering for flights to and from Cape Town.
- Every week almost 300 international flight departures are seen from the airport.
- The flight distance between London and Cape Town is approximately 5987 miles.
- The flight time between London Heathrow and Cape Town is almost 12 hours and 40 minutes.
- Virgin Atlantic and British Airways operate direct flights between London Heathrow and Cape Town.
- Virgin Atlantic flies to Cape Town twice daily with one direct flight and one flight via Johannesburg.
- Cape Town flights with Virgin Atlantic take off London Heathrow in the evening.
- British Airways offers two direct flights to Cape Town and four flights via Johannesburg every day.
- All flights with British Airways to Cape Town take off London Heathrow in the evening.
- The airlines travellers prefer flying to Cape Town with are Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Virgin Atlantic and BA.
- The cheapest flight deal you can get to fly to Cape Town starts from £506.
- If you are planning on flying to Cape Town from London Gatwick Airport then Emirates and Turkish Airlines are the ones to fly with.
Other Airports near Cape Town
Airlines flying to Cape Town
FAQs about Cape Town
Which airline takes the least time to reach Cape Town from London Heathrow?
You can choose to fly with many airlines from London Heathrow to Cape Town. You can easily find both direct and indirect flight options can be selected for Cape Town. The least time taken to reach Cape Town is with British Airways that offers a non-stop flight from Heathrow to Cape Town and the time taken is approximately 11.30 Hours.
Frequently Asked Question