Tired of searching for cheap flights to Harare, one of key attractions for Harare tourists? Well, look no further! It does not matter whether you are looking to getaway on an excursion or are taking the routine yearly flight home to visit the family. TravelHouseuk, being Harare Flights Specialist, offers unmatched deals to assist you fly on a budget. Browse through our special deals and book cheap bargain airfares and low-priced offers for flights leaving the UK.
With a gigantic database of airlines and connections possible for Harare flights, you have the freedom to fly from any major airport in UK per your convenience from any of the London, Birmingham, Manchester, Belfast, Glasgow, Dublin, Edinburgh, Bristol or New castle airports. There are no more direct flights following the Air Zimbabwe failure, instead, there have been multiple additions to airliners operating indirect Harare flights together with leading carriers like Emirates, Egypt Air and Kenya Airways more recently. There are plenty of options with 18 airlines operating flights from Harare and 329 international flights departing weekly. You can send an online query or even better call us in to speak with one of our expert travel advisors for a best priced itinerary.
UPDATE: Effective October 2014, KLM Royal Dutch airline has moved back to its old schedule of flying to Harare on code shared flights via Nairobi with Kenya Airways.
Bargain deals for return flights to Harare
Have you checked out our travel guide yet? See that you do...
Planning a visit?
Harare can be a memorable destination for tourists and travel enthusiasts. Being the federal capital, Harare consists of outskirts that are mostly surrounded by safari parks to give a ride of the continent's native wildlife in its own natural habitat. The towns are thriving with commerce while suburban settlements are also present to spell elegance over residents of the city.
Major tourist attractions and significant sites:
- The standard hangout culture is based on pubs and bars, while Harare has emerged its nationwide reputation as being 'the city which never sleeps.
- Other forms of entertainment include ethnic dances performed by tribes as rituals, with the region's origins spawning from tribal immigrants.
- Art fanatics may step in for a closer look at multiple museums and galleries dedicated to sculpture exhibitions such as; Chapungu Sculpture Park and National Gallery.
- Harare even contains a large water body for making water sports available, with Lake Chiviero being the conventional location for sailing and jetskiing provided by adjacent resorts.
Harare boasts natural landmarks as well, with rock formations on 'Mountain of Drums' and other hilly ranges.
How far is the airport from city centre?
The distance from Harare International Airport to city center is 7.53 miles, which is equal to 12.12 km. It will take you between 15 to 30 minutes to reach central Harare from the airport.
What sort of facilities can be expected at the airport?
The visitors lounge is located at the International terminal, called the Dzimbahwe Executive Lounge. The lounge operates on a priority pass basis for economy class travellers in order to be given access to it.The lounge is air conditioned, has magazine and news-stands, a bar cafeteria and a flight monitor portal. Among the multiple service utilities present across the airport are WiFi internet access, ATMs, Money exchange tillers, café eateries, a pharmacy, separate smoking lounges and a duty free shopping arcade. The airport even has two separate parking sections, one for pick and drop and the other for long term parking for departing passengers. For those passengers who are making a night stopover at Harare International, they can choose numerous hotels spread within the range of 7 to 8 miles from the airport, taking a quick drive of 20 minutes to reach. Budget hotels like the N1, deluxe room apartments like the Cresta Oasis, Meikles and Holiday Inn, business hotels like the ambassador and Rainbow Towers, or even luxury suite hotels like the Russel are all among the options for travellers. If one wants to opt for a longer stay or some privacy and exclusivity, there are guesthouses and lodges like the Sunbird, the Wavell House, Daisy's Guest House, Kia Ora Lodge or Baines Bed and Breakfast.
Taxis are available at the airport to take you to the city center or the main hotel. Hence, you can negotiate over price before getting in. Public transport, in the form of minibuses, is available for traveling within the city. However, it may not be the most comfortable and secure mode of transportation as compared to individually hired cars or taxis.
Peak Season vs. Off-Peak Season
The best time to visit Harare is spring or winter. Best prices are available during January to March, late April to June and then September to November. April, July, August and December are peak season months since people try to visit back home in UK holiday period. There is a conducive weather to have much fun while enjoying activities like; boating, fishing and hiking.
Average travel duration
Since all airlines fly indirect, the shortest flight times are usually with European airlines that go with one-stop via their major hub city airport or with SA Airways that goes direct to Jo’burg and connects to Harare. Average flying time from UK to Harare is 11 hours and 45 minutes.
Are there any peak season deals?
Every year, Travelhouseuk obtains special negotiated fares from various airlines to facilitate its clients for travel to Harare during peak summer and Christmas season. So, finding summer flight deals or cheap Christmas flights to Harare from all major UK airports is not a problem.
What are the hotel and accommodation options?
Hotel options are spread across the central and commercial areas, standardized with pool and sports amenities. There are a couple of branches present of international hotel chains. A few options are even amongst the plazas centred in the commercial zone. There are accommodations adjusted for official visitors and business travellers, with formal rooms, cabins operational alongside full fledge guest houses. Towards the suburbs, residential areas facilitate greater value for money for backpackers who avail bread & breakfast services as paying guests.
By Z A Chahal
Why choose TravelHouseUK as your tour operator?
- Travelhouseuk served more than 35000 families last year travelling from UK to harare.
- Going to Harare for the very first time? Let our Harare experts make your trip worthwhile.
- Best negotiated airfare deals with most of the airlines operating flights from UK to Harare.
- Search & book from a number of prominent airlines flying to Harare from UK
- Cheapest fare to Harare is guaranteed.
- We have special flight deals for inbound travel from Harare to London available all round the year.
- Save time and effort consulting our Harare flight experts who will assist you with tailor made packages for Harare specifically for you.
- You're always in good hands as we not only give assistance in completing your bookings but during your travel as well.
Handy Tips you should know before your departure!
- Using car hire services to travel around Harare is highly recommended for travelers.
- Always travel in large groups, especially at night.
- Always ensure your travel insurance before traveling for immediate health services in foreign land.
- Refrain from exposing expensive goods or large amount of cash in public places.
- The summer over there is our winter and the coolest months are: May, June and July over there. These months are also the most pleasant time of the year to visit.
- Internet/WiFi services are available at hotels, but you may notice the service to be slow and interrupted at times.
- Cell phone coverage is good throughout the city but, International landline calls are still unreliable.
- Most of the purchases in large stores and malls are done with US Dollars. Also, major currencies in the world can be used such as GBP, Euro and etc.
Other Airports near Harare
Airlines flying to Harare
FAQs about Harare
Which airline provides the best baggage allowance for Harare?
Baggage allowance with KLM, during its operations to Harare up to October 2014, has been 58 kg split into 2 bags of 23 kg each plus 12 kg hand luggage. Now, Ethiopian Airlines and Kenya Airways offer the highest baggage allowance of 53 kg. The baggage is split into two bags of 23 kg each with 7 kg of hand luggage to be carried on board. Emirates offers 40 kg plus 7 kg hand luggage.
How many flights does Emirates operate to Harare from UK on a weekly basis?
Emirates is currently operating daily flights from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow to its hub in Dubai. From Dubai onwards, a connecting flight to Harare departs every day.
If flying with Emirates to Harare, which UK airport should one choose for his/her itinerary in order to save time spent on a stopover?
London Heathrow has the least stopover time when it comes to availing return flights between UK and Harare, with a stopover duration lasting 1 hour and 45 minutes in each direction. If availing one-way flights from UK to Harare, choose Glasgow Airport for your departure, because these flights make a stopover of only 1 hour and 15 minutes at Dubai International Airport.