Cheap Flights to Johannesburg
Now book cheap flights to Johannesburg with ease and comfort. You can browse fares for airline tickets to fly with all leading airlines, whether you want a direct flight or a budget in-direct flight. Our product database shows a selected range of worldclass airlines for bargain flights to Johannesburg. Our search box allows you to choose destinations, dates and direct or indirect flight options to provide you with all possible flight plans.
There are direct Johannesburg flights operated by British Airways, South African Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. Moreover, a number of world class airlines operate one-stop flights to Johannesburg three to four days a week. Browse and compare fares to book cheap flights from all UK airports to Johannesburg with a world class carrier.more
Bargain deals for return flights to Johannesburg flying from UK airports
Non-stop direct flights to Johannesburg
Business class flights to Johannesburg
Where should I visit in Johannesburg? get to know about this and much more through our travel guide to Johannesburg.
- Kruger National Park: Adventure Lovers and eager of exciting expeditions must shell out to Kruger National Park.
- Ledesi- An African Experience: If you are fond of indigenous customs and finds pleasure in seeing tribal activities. Ledesi gives you an overview of South Africa’s history and culture—and the chance to experience it all, yourself.
- Gold Reef City: All glitters are not gold but this glitter is indeed gold. For it is made up of an old gold mine. Visit the large amusement park in Jo’burg, named as Gold Reef city.
- Lion Park Johannesburg Zoo: Overwhelmed with the childhood dream to be around with lots of animals or want to see a white lion in real-Johannesburg zoo and Lion Park is there to fulfil your childhood dreams. Don’t miss to visit.
- Apartheid Museum: A-must-see attraction where history of South Africa has been displayed in a more enthralling way—thus, providing great joy to visitors.
- Flea Markets Shopping malls: Shopping freak or market geek? Visit Flea market and shopping malls in Jo’burg, where you can find from local crafts to herbs for immediate healing. However, for shopaholics’ healing can be found in shopping malls only.
How far is the airport from city centre?
O.R. Tambo International Airport, formerly called Johannesburg International is the main airport for Johannesburg, located 21 km from the central city. And, it usually takes 35 minutes to reach city centre from the airport.
Alternative nearby Airports
Lanseria Airportis privately owned airport other than O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, it usually caters passengers on commercial airlines.
Which major airlines fly to Johannesburg from UK?
You can fly to the Johannesburg from all major airports in UK, using airlines including: Air France, Egypt Air, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Emirates, South African Airways, British Airways and Ethiopian Airlines.
How to travel to city centre from the airport?
‘Impala Bus Service’ and shuttle service is provided at airport to the passengers, particularly. Also, there is rank of taxis with yellow TAXI sign on their roof, these are licensed and metered, thus perfect mode of transportation from airport to city centre.
What are the visa requirements for UK and non-EU nationals?
To enter Johannesburg, South African visa is not required for citizens of United Kingdom, US, Canada, Australia, and EU countries for a stay up to 90 days. Whereas, nationals of other countries not mentioned above do require visa depending upon the type of visit.
How many Airlines fly daily to Johannesburg?
South African Airways, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates Airlines offer daily flights to Johannesburg from UK.
How to get around the city?
Car hire is the best way for getting around Johannesburg. You can also check for the transport facility provided by the hotel you are staying at or check online for some good car rental offers.
What’s the best time to visit Johannesburg?
Johannesburg enjoys dry and sunny climate round the year, which makes it a perfect destination to visit any time of the year.
Average flight time to Johannesburg
Average flight takes 11 hours 6 minutes from UK to Johannesburg.
Best airlines to fly from London, UK to Johannesburg
Most of the travellers tend to go to Johannesburg from UK through airlines including: KLM, South African Airways, Air France, Egypt Air, Emirates, British Airways and Ethiopian Airlines.
Emirates, Air France, South African Airways, British Airways and KLM are preferred by many travellers flying to Johannesburg from UK.
Is there any direct flight to Johannesburg from UK?
South African Airways, British Airways and Virgin Atlanticprovide direct flights from UK to Johannesburg.
Are there any peak summer flight deals to Johannesburg?
Yes, TravelHouseUK offers you competitive summer flight deals to Johannesburg from the major cities of UK.
Where to Stay in Johannesburg?
This well-established holiday destination has a rank of accommodations; from hostels to the all-inclusive hotels.
For budget accommodation Yeoville is best area to set in. Town Lodge or Melville Turret Guest House is affordable choice if you are budget travellers.
For luxury accommodation you can check-in at the hotels in the posh Central Business District. Some hotels include; The Westcliffe, African Pride Melrose Arch, Saxon Boutique Hotel & Spa, or Grace in Rosebank.
By Z A Chahal
Why choose TravelHouseUK to book flights to Johannesburg
- We provide flights to 20000 regular South Africans flying from UK to Johannesburg throughout the year.
- We offer best deals on direct flights to Jo'burg flying with British Airways, South African Airways & Virgin Atlantic.
- Find a number of in-direct flight options available for Jo'burg from UK.
- Even if you are looking a one-way flight to Johannesburg, we have the best deals available.
- Whichever UK airport you plan on flying from; we will offer you the best flight price.
- Planning to visit home in South Africa for Christmas? Go for our bargain christmas deals.
- Book from a number of exclusive deals to Jo'burg saving money on flights.
- Send us a flight quote for Johannesburg that you have already searched for on the internet and we will try our best to beat your quote.
- You can book your Jo'burg flights with a £25 deposit paying the rest later.
Handy tips to know before visiting Johannesburg!
- Average flight time to Johannesburg from UK is 11.5 hours.
- Plan your trip meticulously for getting around in Johannesburg.
- Renting a car is another good and privileged option. Make sure to contact some authentic car rental on prior basis.
- Fixed price ‘sedan’ taxis are highly recommended if you choose to go for public transport in Johannesburg.
- Try to dine-in at local eateries and restaurants as they will give you a chance to try different tastes and give you a peek at the local life style of South African people.
- Museums and art galleries are all closed around 2pm on Saturday. So plan wisely.
- Johannesburg has plenty of flea markets, which not only serve the purpose of selling and buying, but, provide an ample view to city’s cultural and social life.
- Winter is the sunniest and pleasant season, perfect to visit Johannesburg.
- If you are curious how metal is processed and turn into precious metal—gold. Visit to city of gold will satisfy your curiosity adjoining the park named after discoverer.
- For buying African crafts and souvenirs in Joburg, ‘African Craft’ Market is the best place to be at.