Are you looking to book cheap flights to Johannesburg with ease and comfort? Browse through Travelhouseuk’s fares for airline tickets to Johannesburg to fly with any leading airline, whether you want a direct flight for Johannesburg or a budget in-direct flight. Our product database shows a selected range of world class airlines for Johannesburg flight deals. Our search box allows you to choose destinations, dates and direct or indirect flight options to provide you with all possible flight plans.
You can get direct flight tickets for Johannesburg with British Airways, South African Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. Moreover, a number of world class airlines operate flights with one-stop to Johannesburg three to four times a week. Browse and compare fares to book cheap flights from UK airports to Johannesburg with a world class carrier.more
Business class flights to Johannesburg
Where should I visit in Johannesburg? get to know about this and much more through our travel guide to Johannesburg.
Which airlines are operating Johannesburg flights from UK?
Some well-reputed airlines that are offering cheap airfares for Johannesburg with TravelhouseUK are Emirates, South African Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Egypt Air, Air France, KLM, Swiss Air, Lufthansa, British Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Arik Air and Kenya Airways.
Are there any direct flights operating from London to Johannesburg?
Yes, you can find direct flights on this route, being operated by British Airways, South African Airways and Virgin Atlantic.
What is the Average flight duration for reaching Johannesburg from London by air?
Direct Johannesburg flights take approximately 11 hours to reach from London. Connecting flights to Johannesburg from London take a minimum of 13 hours.
What is the distance from the airport to the city centre?
Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport is located at a distance of approximately fourteen miles east of the Johannesburg city centre.
What ground transportation options are available for passengers arriving at O.R. Tambo International Airport?
Passengers arriving can either opt to use the bus, train, taxi, or even a limo. The public transport option includes city buses and the informal minibuses that are conveniently located just outside of the international and domestic terminals of the airport. A better option would be to use the taxi, especially if you are not familiar with the ways of the city. A dedicated taxi rank is located just outside the arrivals area. There is also a rail link, Gautrain, operating from the airport that connects to the suburbs in Sandton and Pretoria. The train station is located on the upper level between terminals A&B. A number of companies are offering limo service along with car hire companies.
What facilities are the passengers able to get at the Airport?
The O.R. Tambo International Airport provides its passengers with many facilities. Internet access has constant connectivity through WiFi. Most areas are paid apart from the shopping area where internet is available to the public. There are many branches of the NedBank as well as the Absa Bank available at the arrivals terminal which provides many services including ATMs and foreign exchange service. Muslims are also provided with a 24 hour prayer facility while there is also a Christian Chapel which is also open all day. For those who are looking for a business meeting setting can head over to the Premier Conference Centre which has 3 ten seater rooms as well as 14 seater rooms and a seminar facility. The airport also provides world class facilities that cater to the needs of the disabled travellers. Each of the six terminals is granted a separate segment of cafes and restaurants catering for all food for passengers outside the lounges. There are baggage-handling services, information portal desks along with guidance staff for additional support. A massive Duty Free Mall allows for a wide range of shopping of eateries, utensils, ornaments as well as devices. The Mercure Midland features the premier airport hotel, located just 2 miles away from the premises.
What transport options are available for getting around Johannesburg city?
One of the recommended modes for getting around Johannesburg is to hire your own car if you plan to visit outlying areas more frequently. Public transport options include the metro buses, the Metrorail service and the Gautrain. The metro bus service offers scheduled services within the Greater Johannesburg metropolitan area with the main bus terminal located at Gandhi Sq. the Metrorail offers daily train links to many parts of Greater Johannesburg. The Gautrain is more modern addition to Johannesburg's public transportation. This service only connects Johannesburg Park Station with O.R. Tambo International Airport and Pretoria. Johannesburg also operates metered taxis which are a more expensive mode of getting around Johannesburg. A cheaper alternative would be to use the shares minibus taxis. You can find the main city minibus rank at the Metro Mall on Ntemi Piliso Street, Newtown. Much of Johannesburg’s road network is considered unsafe for pedestrians; cycling has trended as an active alternative.
What are the Hotel and Accommodation options in Johannesburg?
When it comes to choosing the appropriate accommodation that caters to your taste and budget, Johannesburg makes its mark among all destinations. Those who want to make the best of the opportunity for a stay in Johannesburg should target the boutique and heritage category. This category involves Manors, lodges and guesthouses with exclusive suites and separate accommodations for their guests. They have exotic courtyards, elaborate gardens and dedicated seating areas for dining outdoors as well as indoors. Such residences are in greater quantity among the oldest neighbourhoods in central Johannesburg. A more budget-friendly accommodation option would include lodges, guesthouses and B&BS, while hostels are concentrated towards the University town area over the Baz Bus route. From luxury 4 and 5 star hotels, exotic boutique hotels, great lodges to cozy guesthouses and Bed and Breakfasts, there is something for everyone. The top end international hotel chains along with the high-star category are present towards the northern suburban Johannesburg, featuring the biggest names such as Michael-Angelo, Radisson Blu and Protea. Convenient accommodations can also be found only a few kilometres from Johannesburg's International Airport. This category also includes some of the international chain of opulent hotels that are known for exhibiting quality and comfort. Safari services from Johannesburg from these hotels are organized on a regular scale by their staff, as Johannesburg’s terrain has no particular safari lodges. There are a few backpackers present towards the outskirts, while small dormitory hotels in urban areas provide single bedrooms with simple furnishing in small apartments.
By Z A Chahal
Why choose TravelHouseUK to book flights to Johannesburg
- We provide flights to 20000 regular nationals flying from UK to Johannesburg throughout the year.
- We offer best deals on direct flights to Jo'burg flying with British Airways, SAA & Virgin Atlantic.
- Find a number of in-direct flight options available for Jo'burg from UK.
- Even if you are looking a one-way flight to Johannesburg, we have the best deals available.
- Whichever UK airport you plan on flying from; we will offer you the best flight price.
- Planning to visit home for Christmas? Go for our bargain christmas deals.
- Book from a number of exclusive deals to Jo'burg saving money on flights.
- Send us a flight quote for Johannesburg that you have already searched for on the internet and we will try our best to beat your quote.
- You can book your Jo'burg flights with a £25 deposit paying the rest later.
- Waiting till the last few days before departure to book last minute flights to Johannesburg are a gamble, as they tend to be expensive more than often. However, Travelhouseuk specializes in producing last minute flights by keeping track of last minute cancellations.
Handy tips To Know before your departure flight to Johannesburg!
- It takes almost 12 hours for a flight from London Heathrow to reach Johannesburg.
- The distance between London and Johannesburg is 5632 miles.
- 12 Major Airlines fly from London to Joburg
- You can fly to the Johannesburg from all major airports in UK, using airlines including: Air France, Egypt Air, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Emirates, SAA, British Airways and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Almost 70 airlines fly out of Johannesburg International Airport.
- Almost 2280 international flights depart from O. R. Tambo International Airport each week.
- British Airways fly's direct to Johannesburg in the evening everyday and its indirect flights to Joburg via Doha are offered in the morning time.
- South African Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Emirates and Ethiopian Airlines operate their Johannesburg flights from London in the evening. Whereas KLM offers Joburg flights via Amsterdam in the morning.
- The lowest flight fare for Johannesburg is £409, however it can go to more than £2000 with Business Class.
- Lufthansa, KLM and Ethiopian Airlines offer the shortest stopovers for Johannesburg flights.
- SAA, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates Airlines offer daily flights to Johannesburg from UK.
- Average flight takes 11 hours 6 minutes from UK to Johannesburg.
- SAA, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic provide direct flights from UK to Johannesburg.
- Johannesburg enjoys dry and sunny climate round the year, which makes it a perfect destination to visit any time of the year.
Other Airports near Johannesburg
Airlines flying to Johannesburg
FAQs about Johannesburg
What is the Air distance between Johannesburg and Cape Town?
Cape Town is located 785 miles or 1264 kilometers away from Johannesburg. The air travel is much cheaper and quicker in comparison to other means, as many domestic as well as International airlines operate flights between Johannesburg and Cape Town. It takes around 2 hours and 10 min (approximately) to reach Cape Town from Johannesburg on a domestic flight.