Cheap Flights to Pakistan
Are you aggravated by the misleading advertisements on fares for cheap flights to Pakistan? If so, then Travelhouseuk is your only resort for guaranteed available tickets for Pakistan at lowest market price. Its never been easier to book Pakistan Flights at reasonable fare and that too with comfort and surety. Numerous international carriers offer flight tickets from UK to Pakistan for major airports including Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Peshawar. Furthermore, there are connections and domestic flights available to get you to Multan, Quetta and Sialkot. Business class flights are also available at competitive fares, however, PIA is generally known to be the cheapest as compared to other airlines. Direct Flights are only available with PIA for Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi. There are also one-stop flights to almost all airports in Pakistan via middle east with leading international airlines such as Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Kuwait Airways, Oman Air, Saudi Airlines and the national carrier Pakistan International Airlines. You can choose from a multitude of options in any season whether peak times like the Summer season, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha and Christmas/new year or the low seasons during the rest of the year. It is recommended that travelers book tickets at least two months in advance to save money with cheap Pakistan flights available with TravelHouseuk.
Bargain deals for return flights to Pakistan
Dont know much about Pakistan? Our travel guide to Pakistan gives you all the information you need to know about travel.
Why visit Pakistan?
Among all the Asian countries, Pakistan’s location is a melting pot falling right between eastern Asia and Western Asia. The mountain terrains bordering the Himalayas in northern parts of Pakistan are known for their exquisite beauty and are a must visit. Gilgit, Swat, Kaghan, Naran are some of the most visited places to bring forth hospitality, customs and culture remote to the indigenous communities in these areas. Taxila, Moen Jo Daro and Thatta preserve multiple sites of ruins as well as statues from the Buddhist era. Moving forward to the ages of the great Mughal Empire, notable kings have left behind shrines, mosques and gardens across southern Punjab, with Lahore and Multan having some of the best historical buildings in the country, such as the Badshahi Mosque and Shahi Qilla. Pakistan’s former capital and main metropolitan base, Karachi has spectacular beaches along with other spots along the Makran coast, including Gwadar. Industrial hubs like Faisalabad, Gujranwala and Sialkot are great places to shop for clothes since they compose the textile hub for exports. Peshawar and Nowshera from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province represent the heart of the Pathan spirit which is witnessed in Afghanistan as well as Uttar Pradesh, India. The capital city of Islamabad lies secluded in greenery of the Margallah hills, regarded as one of the top planned cities to house the seat of the government.
Pakistan is a country of colour, vibrancy and enthusiasm. With a diverse and a multi-ethnic society Pakistan is a blend of unique cultures, languages, festivals, traditions and people.
The three major mountain ranges meet together in Pakistan namely the Himalayas, Hindu Kush and Karakoram ranges. Pakistan is not only ethnically diverse but also topographically diverse. You will find mountains, deserts, plain areas, beaches, oasis and many other natural phenomena.
How to manage getting in Pakistan?
There are many ways to get into Pakistan, but the best way is to fly here. The country has many international airports that are very active. Among major options, Karachi’s Quaid-e-Azam Airport, Lahore’s Allama Iqbal Airport, Islamabad’s Benazir Bhutto Airport and Peshawar Airport are the prime international destinations in Pakistan. The Islamabad international airport will get you to the capital city of Pakistan which falls in the centre of the northern half of country. So if you intend to go up north it’s better that you first come to Islamabad and then get local flights or buses to northern parts of Pakistan. The Islamabad International airport is also called the Benazir International airport. The airport caters to most of the international flights since many ambassadors, and high profile visits are to Islamabad because of it being the capital city.
What are the airline options for flying in Pakistan?
Many prominent international airlines operate here such as Kuwait Airways, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines and many others. However the Pakistan Airlines (PIA) is the main operator at the airport. During the general low seasons, airfares for cheap return flights to Pakistan from UK may vary between £450 and £550. For the high season, the general airfare bracket for economy class flights to Pakistan increases altogether from beyond £700 and even £900 in the last few days prior to starting of vacations. General stopover lasts for 2 hours, stretching to 4 & 6 hours for cheaper options and even overnight stays. Indirect flight times range between 10.5 hours to 11.5 hours.
Are there any direct flights to Pakistan from UK?
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), the national flag carrier of Pakistan is the only airline operating direct flights, with options to land either at Islamabad’s Benazir Bhutto International Airport or Karachi’s Quaid e Azam International Airport on a daily frequency. The time advantage of direct flights estimates to a total flight time lasting 7 hours 45 minutes on average.
Getting around Pakistan
There are many ways to get around the country. Domestic airports are all over the country and can be used to get around. However, for city to city travel, buses are the best option since they are cheap and economical. The best private bus service that is safe and guarantees a comfortable time is Daewoo. However many other private owned buses can also be availed which are much cheaper. Trains are also an option, but if you have to travel by train try the Business express or Shalimar for travel. The first class ticket is not that expensive and much more comfortable so do try it out. For getting around a city the best option are the rickshaws. You will find them everywhere and they are cheap. Taxis are also an option and so are the wagons and the local buses.
What’s the best time for visiting Pakistan?
The biggest advantage Pakistan has is that it’s most recommended seasons last outside the peak travelling seasons of summer vacations and Christmas vacations. Pakistan is located near to the equator and thus is a hot and humid country for the summers. Springs are ideal during March, April & May, hosting May local and traditional folk festivities for tourists. Post Christmas low season for autumn is also great lasting during January and February.
What is the general trend of accommodation options in Pakistan?
Among accommodations, the urban hubs of each province have 5 star and even 7 star hotel options hailing from global chains, which include, in order of density, Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar. Guest houses under the official Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation facilitate a standardized service for all foreign guests, complete with guides and transit. For tourism, there are seasonal simple one room hotels catering the general domestic trend. Satellite towns and sister cities even have a booming trend of establishing hotels inside plazas, in the heart of their commercial zones.
Need a general idea of managing your budget in Pakistan?
- One night stay at a 5 star hotel: £150-230
- One night stay at a bed-and-room common hotel: £40-60
- A small bottle of premium mineral water: £0.2
- One meal at an international food franchise: £4-6
- A traditional snack at a street vendor’s stall: £0.5
- Pack of cigarettes (imported): £1.5
- The average within-city tour on cab: £2.25
- The average bus fare for inter city travel: £5
- Average rent a car fare for day long travel: £16
By Z A Chahal
Handy Tips To Know Before your departure flight to Pakistan!
The main airports in Pakistan are Quaid-E-Azam International Airport Karachi, Benazir Bhutto International Airport Islamabad, Allama Iqbal International Airport Lahore, Bacha Khan International Airport Peshawar, Faisalabad International Airport and Sialkot International Airport.
- Pakistan and United Kingdom are 3859 miles apart.
- Pakistan International airlines is the only airline offering direct flights to Pakistan.
- Each week there are 16 direct flights to Pakistan from United Kingdom with Pakistan International Airlines.
- Free date change is allowed by PIA for return flights, that is why Some travellers prefer flying with Pakistan International Airlines if they are not sure of their return dates.
- Flying to Islamabad from London Heathrow takes the least time of around 8 hours in order to reach Pakistan.
- Airlines offering flights to Pakistan with stopovers from United Kingdom are Emirates, Etihad Airways, Kuwait Airways, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Oman Air and Gulf Air.
- £1 gives you 170 Pakistani Rupees.
- The cheapest fare for Pakistan starts from £381 and can go higher than £1300 if you fly to Pakistan on board business class.
- Pakistan is 4 hours ahead of United Kingdom in Summers and 5 hours ahead in Winters.
- Qatar Airways offers flights to Pakistan via Doha both in the morning and evening from London Heathrow.
- Flights with Emirates to Pakistan mostly take off in the morning.
- Flight frequency at Benazir Bhutto International Airport Islamabad: Each week more than 300 international flights and 174 domestic flights operate here.
- Flight frequency at Quaid-E-Azam International Airport Karachi: Every week around 290 domestic and more than 380 international flights operate here.
- Flight frequency at Allama Iqbal International Airport Lahore: 140 domestic and more than 350 international flights operate from here.