020 3137 1339
Cheap flights to Havana
Recent searches for return flights to Havana
Airlines that operate flights to Havana from UK
- Aero Mexico
- American airlines
- Air Canada
- Iberia Airlines
- Air France
- Swiss Air
How long is the flight to Havana from UK?
- An average flight to Havana from UK takes about 7 hours and 55 minutes. Flights which are departed from London Heathrow to Havana, is expected to add a brief stopover at their hub airports.
- Airlines flying from Manchester to Havana take around 8 hours and 25 minutes to cover the flight distance.
What are the major international airports in Havana?
The major international airport that serves the city of Havana is the José Martí International Airport. The airport is located 15 kilometres away from the city centre. The airport has 3 terminals a four-kilometre long runway and major international airlines make Havana their destination.
What are the entry requirements to Havana for British travellers?
The Cuban embassy at London issues ‘tourist cards’ to British citizens going to Cuba. Please note that the visa applications need to be sent through the mail and not in person. The tourist card is valid for 30 days but can be extended by a registered hotel in Havana for another 30 days.
It is important to note that the Cuban health services are extremely particular about the spread of disease within the country. The Cuban authorities might refer the visitor to a hospital for up to 10 days if the tourist seems ill at the airport or has a fever. A mandatory airport tax of CUC 25 Pesos (Cuban Convertible Pesos) is also received from the traveller. Any device that has an inbuilt GPS system, like mobile phones and wrist watches might be confiscated at the airport or might incur import duties. Such systems should either be disconnected before reaching Cuba or disabled. For further information please refer to the link for updated travel advisory for Havana. Travel advisory for Havana.
What is the best time to visit Havana?
The best time to visit Havana would be between December and May. Havana is more energetic in these months. In the June the rainy season begins and July to October are the months when hurricanes can dismantle your vacations. Spending the summer vacation at Havana could be an experience of a lifetime.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Havana?
Expect Havana to slow your racing mind as soon as you touch down at the airport. This state of euphoria continues to calm your nerves until you reach the beaches and meet the Cuban people. Cubans have long been demonized for a long time, so they cherish the limited interaction they have with the rest of the world. The Cuban culture is rich and the pride of their Spanish language runs deep through their veins.
Jazz music has found its home in Havana. Many Jazz musicians with Cuban identities developed the Havana International Jazz Festival. Usually, the festival is conducted in the mid of January. The festival is not limited to just music; artist throughout Cuba focalize on Havana to perform dances and showcase their creativity.
If the British are most commonly attributed to fish ’n chips then the Cubans are remembered for their love of Cuban cigars. The Habanos Cigar Festival is renowned for bringing the best cigars Cuba has to offer on to one platform. At the festival, the tourist can witness the entire procedure of cigar making, and watch the tobacco picked in the fields and rolled tightly by hand, by extremely dexterous Cuban women.
The international Havana Ballet Festivals calls on all ballet performers throughout the world. The festival is non-competitive and performers dance not for a medal but for the love of ballet. Many internally renowned dancers hop over travel restrictions to reach Havana, to attend the festival.
What are the major landmarks in Havana?
Havana was initially a port. The city grew around the port which was the last stop that connected the ‘New World’ with the ‘Old World’. The wealth of the city grew as Spanish galleons used to stop at the city’s port and unload their treasures.
- The city’s major landmark is the Old Havana. Old Havana is the most antique district in the city of Havana. There is a strange new air about that place, the buildings of the city, nearly 3000 of them, are all constructed in Baroque and neoclassical architecture. Old Havana is a place to visit.
- The El Malecon promenade is a seaside walkway that has been build up the seawall. The walkway is most beautiful at dusk when the street lights begin to light up as the sun sinks at the horizon. The site is usually open and the serenity of the walkway is still intact.
- Plaza de la Catedral is one of the main squares of Old Havana. The square opens into the Old Spanish Art Museum building as well as the Cathedral that was constructed in 1727. The square is close to the magnificent mansions of the city.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Havana?
There are many five star hotels in Havana. Cuba is the largest island in the Carribean and its beaches are perfectly preserved. Havana has an old school Carribean charm that entices the tourist.
- Hostal Aeropuerto
- Bravo Arenal
- Melia Habana
- Melia Cohiba
- Be notified about our exclusive discounted deals
- Get promo codes to avail big discounts on your bookings
- Earn up-to 1,000 rewards points