Cheap flights to Argentina
Flights to Argentina your way through the second largest country in South America; Argentina has everything for everyone, class, taste and demographics. Highlights include the Iguazu Falls, the Glacier National Park, the far-off Ushuaia, and city centers like Buenos Aires and Mendoza, not to mention the year-round festivals and carnivals the country is so fond of.
For direct flights to Buenos Aires, British Airways is a priority one. Meanwhile, Iberia renders the most extensive flight path network to South American destinations from Madrid making it the best choice for many Europeans as opposed to the American routes. Taking off from the same runways are aircraft operated by Air Europa, carrying the bulk of passengers, bag and baggage, to their target destinations in Argentina. Indirect Flights to Buenos Aires through the North American airspace are ‘take it or leave it’ options as a long-haul flight is sure to test the patience of European travellers. When looking for other exit corridors from Europe, try Lufthansa via Frankfurt and Air France via Paris.
Letting you in on a secret here, June to August is winter in Argentina. The country’s geographical position in the Tropic of Capricorn means that the seasons would be quite deceptive. So prepare well in advance. The peak season for bargain flights to Argentina is conditional on the region you have marked out for the tour. Browse through our bargain flight deals to Argentina and take your pick; there's plenty more where that came from!
Recent searches for return flights to Argentina 2020/2021
Airlines that operate flights to Argentina from UK
- Iberia Air
- British Airways
- Air France
- Aerolíneas Argentinas
- Latam Airlines
- Azul Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
- Avianca Airline
How long is the flight to Argentina from UK?
- Heathrow to Argentina (EZE) on a direct flight: 9 hours and 50 minutes
- Heathrow to Argentina (EZE) via one stopover: 11 hours and 55 minutes
- Heathrow to Argentina (COR) via Sao Paulo: 14 hours and 22 minutes
- Manchester to Argentina via Paris: 12 hours and 25 minutes
- Gatwick Airport to Argentina: 13 hours and 55 minutes
which airlines fly directly to Argentina ?
Yes, two direct flights to Argentina (EZE) are scheduled on daily basis by British Airways and Iberia Air. Travellers who get on board from London Heathrow will possibly cover the flight route in 9 hours and 50 minutes. Unfortunately, direct flights to Argentina are not yet available from any other airport in UK.
Which is the cheapest airline to fly To Argentina from UK?
Fares for air tickets are subjected to fluctuations on the basis of seasons and availability of seats. In the low season, prices start from 638 GBP. United Airlines, Alitalia, Turkish Airlines, American Air and Air Canada are considered as the low-cost airlines for flights to Argentina
What are the main international airports in Argentina?
There are eight international airports in Argentina in substantial use. However, the busiest Argentine airports that handle the most international foreigners are as follows:
- Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE) is only 22 kilometres from Buenos Aires, the capital city of Argentina.
- Pajas Blancas International Airport (COR) is located in the city of Cordoba, right in the heart of Argentina.
- Governor Francisco Gabrielli International Airport (MDZ) is the airport that serves the city of Mendoza and is only 8 kilometres away from the city centre.
Which is the best time to fly to Argentina?
The best time to book flights to Argentina is in the month of September. The month is specifically the only month that could be categorized as the “low season”. September is sandwiched between the 'skiing season' that extends from June to August and 'sunny season' that extends from November to April. Prices of tickets are characteristically lower in September.
What are the entry requirements to Argentina or British travellers?
The UK passport holder does not have to apply for a visa to visit Argentina for tourism purposes. The passport must proclaim that the passport holder is a 'British Citizen'. The visitor can then stay in the country for 90 days. If the tourist wants to stay in Argentina for more than three months then please visit DIRECCIÓN NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES, the Argentine department of immigration, for further information. The Falkland dispute between the UK and Argentina can raise few eyebrows in the country and is still a touchy topic. Better not to linger on such contentious matters.
What is the best time to visit Argentina?
The best time to visit Argentine is from November to March. The summer in Argentina is warm and pleasant and attracts a lot of tourists. The 'Sol de Mayo' (national emblem of Argentina depicting the 'Sun of May') shines brightly but in December. The spring and autumn seasons bring their own colours to the land. This does not mean that winter vacations in Argentina are less sought after. The skiing resorts in Argentina are among the best in the world, but if it’s the sun you are looking for, and then see Argentina in December.
What are the major landmarks in Argentina?
Argentina is the land of excitement and the exotic. The people are joyous and full of life. It never gets dull in Argentina.
- Like the US has the Washington Monument, Argentina has the Buenos Aires Obelisk. The landmark is the cities most notable structure and is 67 meters high. The monument was made in 1936 to celebrate 400 years since the founding of the city.
- The El Perito Moreno Glacier in the Los Glaciares National Park highlights the visit to Argentine Patagonia. Some are moved to tears as they camp at the feet of the glacier that is still growing even though global warming has swallowed so many around the world. The glacier moves approximately 2 meters every day and you can hear it cleave and grind rock into dust under its immense weight.
- The El Ateneo Grand Splendid in Buenos Aires is the most spectacular bookstore in the world. Originally, the store was a theatre, but after the re-furnishing, bookshelves cascade the halls of the theatre. Over a million people walk through its door each year. This bookstore is a book lover's daydream.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Argentina?
The nation of Argentina was colonized by the British, Spaniards, Italians and the by the French. The cultures of all these countries transfused with that of the local native culture to brew a blend unlike any other in the entire world.
- Fiesta Nacional de la Vendimia is the festival of the wines and grapes. Every year Mendoza city welcomes many tourists both from Argentina and abroad, in the month of February to the festival. The farmers present their tastiest wines and encourage the visitors to know more about winemaking. The festival has attracted concerts and live shows to the city as well.
- The Carnival is celebrated at the end of February in the city of Gualeguaychu. The city bursts into song and dance and the festival rival that of the Rio Carnival. The feast booms for four days straight. The whirlpool of merriment sucks in the timidest to be coloured in the colours of Argentina.
- The national dance of Argentina is the tango. The Tango Buenos Aires Festival brings tango dancers from all over the globe to Argentina. The festival is conducted in August every year, where professionals dance for trophies and beginners are taught how to hold their loved ones on the dance stage.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Argentina?
Transportation is fairly easy throughout Argentina. The bus networks are far and wide. Faster express carriers and regular buses carry citizens and foreigners through the city. The option for taxis is also open. Taxis are safe and controlled by a centralized authority of the city. The Metro and tram systems are currently restricted to the cities of Buenos Aires, Resistencia, Paraná and Mendoza. Buenos Aires is the only city in Argentina that has an underground mass transit system. The city has currently six lines but more are planned to be built in the future.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Argentina?
There are many five star hotels in Argentina. As is always the case, if you have the money for it, Argentina can accommodate you any way you desire.
- Alvear Palace Hotel
- Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Faena Hotel
- Alvear Art Hotel
- The Brick Hotel Buenos Aires - MGallery by Sofitel