Cheap flights to Haiti
Are you searching for your Flights to Haiti ? If yes then let us find you the best travel deals available for you in the market suiting your preferences. Search 'Haiti Flights' and hit search and we will find you the best fares in the market from a list of prominent airlines.
Enter in your travel dates and schedule, the departure and destination airport of your choice, the number of people travelling with you, your requirement of a return or one way ticket and whether you want direct Haiti flights or indirect ones. With all this information we will search you the most suited flights to Haiti available specifically tailored to your travel needs within seconds.
Recent searches for return flights to Haiti 2020/2021
Which Airlines fly To Haiti from UK?
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines
- British Airways
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Air
- Iberia Air
- United Airlines
How long is the flight to Haiti from UK?
- Heathrow to Haiti(PAP): 15 hours and 36 minutes
- Manchester to Haiti (PAP): 16 hours and 6 minutes
Which is the most preferred stopover point on flights to Haiti from UK?
John F. Kennedy International Airport in the New York is considered the best option for a short stopover on all the flights to Haiti from UK.
What are the major international airports in Haiti?
There are two international airports in Haiti. Cap-Haïtien International Airport is in the city of Cap-Haïtien and the second airport is in the city of Port-au-Prince named the Toussaint Louverture International Airport.
Toussaint Louverture International Airport at Port-au-Prince (PAP) is the largest airport in Haiti. The newly designed airport serves upwards of 1.5 million people in a year. The runway is three kilometres long and can support the weight of larger aeroplanes flying from all around the world.
Cap-Haïtien International Airport at Cap-Haitian was reconstructed in 2013. The airport has a 2.6-kilometer runway and facilitates the Port-au-Prince airport in busy seasons.
What are the entry requirements to Haiti for British travellers?
A British citizen does not need a visa to enter Haiti. A UK passport holder can remain within Haiti for 90 days inside the Haitian territories. For further information, contact the Haitian embassy in London.
The tourist is required to pay USD $ 10 when entering Haiti and USD $ 55 when leaving the country as Departure tax. Please make sure to have enough USD or local currency to pay these taxes.
What is the best time to visit Haiti?
The best time to visit Haiti is in between the months of November and March. The country is the driest in this season. In high summer, rains and humidity might tarnish the charm of Haiti. Haiti has tropical climate throughout the year except between the August to October, which is the Hurricane season.
What is the best time to book flights for Haiti?
The best time to visit Haiti is just before the Hurricane season, which would be somewhere in August. The flights in these few weeks are the cheapest, though experience significant turbulence.
What are the major landmarks in Haiti?
Haiti is a shining jewel of the Carribean. Haiti has been influenced greatly by French Colonialism. Over time, the greenery swallows even the most polished stones and bricks in Haiti. The tourist can feel the stronger spirit of Mother Nature everywhere in this country.
- The Marie-Jeanne Cave is a mystical place. The rock has been scrapped and mined by the elements and has left groves and shards hanging down from the ceilings and the walls. The caves have 36 compartments and are in pristine condition. One chamber of the cave has an ancient Arawak drawing carved on its walls.
- This Sans Souci Palace was constructed by the former slave Henri Christophe, King of Haiti in 1813. The Palace’s ruins only remain but it is still an impressive sight. The Palace is now slowly being invaded by nature but, it remains a testament that with ambition and vision even slaves can become kings.
- Citadelle Laferrière is an impressive fort built by the freed slaves of Haiti, to defend them against French invasion. The landmark has become a symbol of Haitian Independence. The structure attracts the most tourists in Haiti. It is surreal to watch this great fortress embattled by nature.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Haiti?
Haitians are a proud people. Apart from being the first nation to become independent in the Americas, Haiti was among the first country lead by people of African descent in the world. The hard-earned liberation from French colonialism and the vibrancy of the African spirit can be seen in festivals of Haiti.
- Haitians celebrate their independence day with patriotism and pride. The New Year coincides with their Independence day, so they have one more reason to rejoice. A special squash soup is made on this day. The orange colour and spicy flavour of the soup is a reminder of equality and brotherhood between all Haitians.
- The Mardi Gras Carnival is among the most striking festivals west of the Greenwich Meridian. The feathers dyed with pigments and shimmering with glitter crown every party-goer. The streets of Port-au-Prince are lit on this festival and becomes like rivers of brilliance, ablaze with joy and laughter.
- Le Festival du Rhum Haiti has been gaining popularity since it was first celebrated in 2014. The festival brings the tastiest, most intoxicating rum from all over Haiti on to one platform. Rum experts flock to the festival to showcase their rum collections.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Haiti?
Haiti is a small country and most transport through the country is through road. In Haiti, all roads lead to ‘Port-au-Prince’, as the capital city is a major hub of public transportation and the soul intersection of the right National Routes that crisscross the country. The seaports of Port-au-Prince and Saint-Marc are the major seaports of the country. These seaports however are used primarily to import goods.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Haiti?
There are many five star hotels available in Haiti. Most beachside hotels gleam with red, purple and gold at sundown. Below are the five star hotels available for your stay.
- Hotel Florita
- Hotel Kabic Beach Club
- Port Morgan
- Park Hotel
- Hotel Imperial