020 3137 9155
Cheap flights to Penang
Recent searches for return flights to Penang
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Penang?
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- China Southern
- Singapore Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- British Airways
- Air France
- Turkish Airlines
- EVA Air
- Qantas Airways Oman Air
- Aer Lingus
What Is The Flight Duration For Penang?
- The minimum flight duration from London Heathrow to Penang is 15 hours and 20 minutes with Singapore Airlines.
- 16 hours is the minimum flight time between London Gatwick and Penang. Qatar Airways is the operating airline.
- From Manchester, Penang can be reached in 16 hours and 45 minutes minimum. Singapore Airlines operates the shortest flights for this route.
- The minimum flight time for Penang is 16 hours and 55 minutes from the Birmingham Airport. These flights are code-shared between KLM and Malaysia Airlines.
- From Edinburgh to Penang, Qatar Airways operates the shortest flights – 16 hours and 20 minutes only.
Which Airlines Fly Non-Stop To Penang?
There are currently no direct flights to Penang from the United Kingdom. Popular international airlines like Qatar Airways, Malaysia Airlines, China Southern, Emirates, Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific, among others, run indirect flights to Penang from major UK airports.
Which Is The Main International Airport In Penang?
Penang International Airport is the receiving airport for cheap flights to Penang from the UK. The third busiest airport of Malaysia is conveniently located at a distance of 16 kilometres from George Town (centre city). The IATA code of this airport is PEN.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Penang?
Which Is The Cheapest Time For Booking Flights To Penang?
Rainfall acts as an impediment to outdoor activities and sightseeing. For many tourists it dilutes the quality of their experience and wastes a good amount of time, especially if they are having a shorter stay. From early May to mid-October, the climate in Penang remains wet and humid. With an average of 15 rainy days in a month, not a lot of visiting goes on around this time of the year which is why tickets get cheaper. Hotels encourage tourism by offering discounted deals and there seems to be a lot more dedication and personal attention in their services. This period is also preferable if you dislike crowds.
Which Are The Main Tourist Attractions In Penang?
- Kek Lok Si: The largest Buddhist temple in the country happens to be the most influential as well. Visit this temple complex for a comprehensive study of Buddhist history and a wide range of architecture inspired by it.
- Khoo Kongsi: Penang has been a melting-pot of different cultures. Khoo Kongsi is one of the surviving Chinese wonders and also the most picturesque. It is an ancient Chinese clan house and much of the original charm has been preserved by succeeding generations.
- Penang Hill: Take the opportunity of visiting this nearby hill station. This hill station was established by the British in a more leisurely fashion and it remains to this day a posh sanctuary in the outskirts of Penang.
- Penang National Park: The Penang National Park continues to lead the other ecological sanctuaries in the region. This forest reserve accommodates a wide variety of floral and animal species.
- Kapitan Keling Mosque: The ash-coloured dome of this mosque draws immediate attention. Built in the 19th century by Indian merchants, this mosque is part of the collective Islamic heritage of Malaysia and a functional institution in our own day.
- Snake Temple: This temple belongs to a league of its own. Snakes (pit vipers) naturally gravitate towards this site which is one of the reasons why the place is considered holy, or at least mystical. The snakes have their venom removed and tourists are fond of taking pictures with them.
- Entopia: A butterfly farm that also houses a range of other insects and bugs.
- Highlights include the Tropical Spice Garden, the Camera Museum, the Upside Down Museum and the Penang Botanic Gardens.
Which Are The Best Hotels In Penang?
Popular 4-star hotels in Penang include:
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort
- Golden Sands Resort
- Holiday Inn
- The Light Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel
From 3-star options, the following offer quality experience at low-costs:
- The Gurney Resort Hotel and Residences
- 1926 Heritage Hotel
- Red Inn Cabana
- Vouk Hotel Suites
- Mei Hotel