Cheapest flights to Manila from Heathrow and other UK airports.
Direct or Connecting Flights to Manila:
You can avail direct flights from London Heathrow to Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila which is the major hub for excursionists. Other UK airports like Manchester, Gatwick, Birmingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh are available for connecting flights to Manila.
- Philippine Airlines, being the flag carrier, is the only airline that facilitates direct flights to Manila from Heathrow on daily basis.
- Malaysia Airlines offers two connecting flights via Kuala Lumpur from Heathrow on regular basis excepting Wednesdays when there is only one flight to Manila.
- Emirates Airlines upholds its pride in providing high quality services for 3-4 flights to Manila on any given day. Dubai is by default the stopover for Emirates flights.
- Singapore Airlines is also the preferred airline for travellers to Manila including a stopover at Singapore. It offers services for 14 flights on average per week.
- Cathay Pacific also takes off from London, both Heathrow and Gatwick, and twice a day to Manila via Hong Kong with a massive number of passengers.
- It is prudent to decide on Qatar Airways for shortest stop over flights to Manila while stopping at Doha for an hour approx. Qatar Airways takes off from Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham and Edinburgh on a regular basis.
- Royal Brunei is an alternative selected out by trekkers for flights to Manila via Dubai and Bandar Seri Begawan.
- KLM is also a carrier of choice if you wish to get low airfares including a stopover at Amsterdam and Taipei before arrival at Manila.
- Oman Air is selected out for people who favour shorter stopovers of an hour or so at Muscat.
- Turkish Airlines offers connecting flights via Istanbul with quite a brief stopover time.
- Etihad Airlines renders its flight services from Heathrow, Edinburgh and Manchester twice on day to day basis to Manila with bulk of passengers.
Average Flight Duration to Manila from UK:
Average flight duration to Manila is 14h for direct flights. Flight timings may vary depending upon certain circumstances like selection of the low-priced indirect flights or preferred stopover at one or two points. Here’s the overview of average time an airline touchdown it’s target destination.
- The national flag carrier Philippine Airlines operates direct flights to Manila from London Heathrow with the shortest time possible of 14 h approximately.
- Emirates Airlines touches down the international airport of Manila following a stopover at Dubai within several time lapses ranging from 17h to 37h.
- Flights with Malaysian Airlines getting airborne from Heathrow connect at Kuala Lumpur before arriving at Manila. The time period is 19 h 10 m but may fluctuate depending upon the layover and could exceed up to 31h 15m.
- In case you travel with Singapore Airlines, involving a stopover at Singapore may take minimum 18h 40 m and maximum 23h to land in Manila.
- Cathay Pacific surprisingly takes lesser time of 15h 50m only with almost an hour stopover at Hong Kong. It may go over to 19h 10m if the time spent at stopover is increased.
- Royal Brunei is expected to reach at Manila Airport while connecting Dubai and Bandar Seri Begawan with the longest stay over that consumes a maximum 61h 25m or it could be 20h if the layover is dropped down to 3 hours only.
- KLM also provides its services from London Heathrow and the average time for an overnight flight could be minimum 18h 20m and maximum 20h 45m involving stopovers at Amsterdam and Taipei.
- Qatar Airways flies to Manila from UK via Doha that takes time ranges from minimum 17h 35m to maximum 25h 35m.
- Furthermore, Oman Air takes off from Heathrow and stops over at Muscat for approx. 2h and the total time of transition would be minimum 17h 25m.
- If Etihad Airways is chosen for commuting to Manila via Abu Dhabi then it is expected to take you to your destination in minimum 18h 15m.
- Turkish Airlines is an appropriate choice for customers who are comfortable to stop by at Istanbul for approx. 2 hours and the total stretch is 17h 40m to Manila.
Weekly Flight Schedule of Airlines Flying to Manila:
- Philippine Airlines is ranked highest for setting up maximum number of direct flights to Manila from the London Heathrow Airport.
- If you are considering connecting or code share flights then there are many other alternatives with number of flights.
- Emirates Airlines offers its flight services to Manila with a maximum number of 27 flights per week.
- Cathay Pacific heads off to Manila twice or thrice a day with an average number of 18 flights per week.
- Qatar Airways takes off on 18 different flights from Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham and Edinburgh on regular basis. There are no flights for Manila from Gatwick.
- Other airlines like Malaysia Airlines, Etihad stand in line with 14 flights per week from Heathrow.
- Turkish Airlines operates roughly two flights on daily basis from Heathrow, Manchester, Gatwick, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
- Oman Air renders its maximum eight flight services per week.
Free Baggage Allowance on Flights to Manila from UK Airports:
Baggage allowance is different depending upon the airline you choose to travel with or the particular fare type. If your itinerary includes flights operated by code share flights, different baggage rules may be relevant for these flights.
- If you are travelling with Philippine Airlines then you can take one piece of 10kilos in Budget Economy, 20 kilos in Regular Economy and 30 kilos for Business Class.
- Malaysia Airlines allows you to carry one hand carry along with one check in luggage of 23kg for Economy Class and 32 kg for Business Class.
- Emirates Airlines’ baggage allowance policy is most appropriate for many clienteles who wants to carry excessive luggage as they allows to carry one piece of 35 kg for Economy Class travellers and 40 kg for Business Class.
- Singapore Airlines set limits for free check in luggage to be 30 kg for Economy class, 35 kg for Premium Economy and 40 kg for Business class.
- Cathay Pacific allows you a hand carry of 7kg and checked in luggage of 20 kg in Economy Class, 25kg for Premium Economy customers and 30kg for Business Class without any restriction of number of bags.
- Qatar Airways permits you a hand carry that should not be exceeding 7kg in case of Economy travellers and for Business and First class 2 pieces of total 15 kg. Moreover, check in luggage weighing 30, 40 and 50 kg is allowed for Economy, Business and First Class respectively.
- Oman Air allowances for check in baggage are 30 kilos for Economy Class, 40 kilos for Business Class and 50 kilos for First Class travellers. You are allowed to carry a hand carry of 7kgs in Economy Class, two pieces of 14 kg in total for Business and First Class travellers.
Best time to book Manila flights:
The capital of Philippines, Manila is one of the revitalizing places to visit between January and May. If you wish to explore the beauty of Asian countries then it’s the wonderful choice this season. May till late September will definitely be hot and humid; so it is advised to double-check the latest travel and health advisory before planning your trip for Manila
Manila: Top Attractions and Tourist Magnets:
Manila is gateway to Philippines which is composed of 16 cities. Some of the wondrous places that you should not miss out on are as follows:
- Intramuros: Intramuros is pre-eminent selection to ascertain the beauty of Asian cultures while you are in Manila. It is the walled city that provides a glance of the Spanish territorial period. Get yourself a ride on a traditional horse and cart through its streets to visit momentous churches, dungeons and fascinating remains of their colonial architecture.
Likewise, Manila’s churches and cathedrals draw abundant visitors near and far.
- Quiapo Church: Amongst many churches, the most famous is Quiapo Church that is home to the Black Nazarene statue. There are certain myths that are related to this holy place of Filipinos that whoever touches the church will face a miracle.
- San Augustin: The baroque-style San Augustin is the country’s longest-in-existence church and with an impressive interior and embellishments.
Similarly, there are several places to take a stroll in evenings or amusement parks that attract astonishingly increasing number of tourists.
- Rizal Park: It has enormous historical significance which attracts tourist’s attraction for strolling with glorious sites of striking monuments along the widely spread open lawns and paved walk areas. Stay vigilant about the variety of events happening on day to day basis.
- Manila Ocean Park: Manila’s Ocean Park is the country’s only marine themed park. This amusement park has a lot of amenities to offer whether it’s dining in a relaxed environment or shopping with your loved ones. Mermaid Swim Experience and Symphony’s evening show of huge water fountains are most enjoyable things that can leave you refreshed and rejuvenated.
Shopping Spree in Manila:
Shopping spree at Manila can be experienced with vivacious markets all across the city.
- If you fancy the beautiful and enticing South Sea pearl jewellery then Greenhills is an ideal place for shopping.
- If you are in quest of bargain offers then you must visit Divisoria. They have almost everything you can possibly think of. It’s known to be a wholesale haven for shopping cost-effectively. If you are having the tight budget then this is definitely the place for you.
Accommodation in Manila:
Manila is one of the most dynamic locations in the state for day to day latest and grand hotel openings. You can accommodate yourself in any five star hotels to medium class lodging depending upon different variables like your budget, nearest landmarks etc. You need to do a careful research about in and outs of your lodging place before deciding to avail their services. Pangulasian Island Resort, Peninsula Manila, Edsa Shangrila, Makati Shangrila, Pan pacific, Raffles Makati, Luks loft hotel and Residence are the few names that caters to the needs of premium customers. If you are on the hunt for a bit more inexpensive holiday package then you can lodge at Sun Star Grand hotel, Bay view Park hotel, Best Western Oxford Suites Makati.
Restaurants in Manila:
It is extremely difficult to deny scrumptious national food and delicious flavours of Asian cuisine. Here, we are providing you with an insight into top rated restaurants that can fill your appetite of new-fangled savour. So, your holiday trip doesn’t come to an end without preserving the delicious taste of Manila.
The first opportunity that you should hunt for is National dish of Philippines, Adobo which is traditionally a piece of meat marinated in coco vinegar and soy from any of the Manila’s modern restaurant.
You can have an option to reside at any of the following:
- Harbor view restaurant
- Sky Deck View Bar, The Bayleaf Intramuros
- Emerald Garden Restaurant
- Seafood Market & Restaurant
- El Chupacabra
- Zamboanga Restaurant
- Barbara's Heritage Restaurant
You would surely like to experience the nightlife with sophisticated bars to restaurants showcasing live music, to concerts and clubs. Manila is known to come alive after dark.
Handy tips You must know before your departure!
- You can fly to Manila from 16 UK airports.
- On average you can reach from London to Manila in approximately 14 hours 30 minutes.
- Royal Brunei Airline, KLM, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Philippine Airlines are preferred by travelers for Manila flights.
- The distance between UK and Manila is 6665 miles.
- The lowest fare you can get for Manila flights from UK is £546 depending on the travelling season and £3000 or more with Business class.
- You can fly direct to Manila with Philippine Airlines from London Heathrow.
- The cheapest airfare offered for Manila is with Air China flying from London Heathrow.
- Manila is 7 hours ahead of UK in terms of time difference.
- Emirates and Royal Brunei Airlines offer good baggage allowance that is two pieces of 15kgs each.
- KLM and Emirates Airlines offer flights to Manila with the shortest stop-over times.
- Most airlines operate Manila flights in the evening.
- Qatar Airways, Emirates Airlines and Etihad Airways fly to Manila on daily basis.
- Emirates and KLM offer Manila flights from most UK airports.
Other Nearest Airports
Airlines Operating flights to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
FAQs about your Destination
I want to know which airline is offering more luggage allowance for Manila?
There are a number of airlines that are offering attractive baggage allowances for their passengers for Manila. Gulf Air allows up to 40 kg baggage allowance, Emirates 30 kg, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways and Philippine Airlines are all offering 23 kg's for their passengers and Cathay Pacific offers up to 20kg of baggage for your flight to Manila.