Cheap flights to Krabi
Recent searches for return flights to Krabi
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Krabi from UK?
- British Airways
- Thai Airways
- Etihad Airways
- Air France
- Qatar Airways
- China Eastern Airlines
- China Southern Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
How long is the flight to Krabi from UK?
- Flight that originates from London Heathrow to Krabi takes about 14 to 18 hours long and has one stopover.
- Flights from Manchester to Krabi frequently take 20 to 24 hours and also have one stopover.
- Flights from Birmingham to Krabi come with a stopover and are 19 to 23 hours long.
- Flights from London Gatwick to Krabi can take about 22 to 25 hours to reach their destinations. They also include a stopover.
Are there any direct flights to Krabi from UK?
As of June 2018, there are no direct flights being offered by any airline that could connect the UK with Krabi without a stopover. All flights have either one or two stopovers, whether they are inbound or outbound with respect to the United Kingdom.
The preferred route to Krabi depends on the airline chosen by the traveller. Qatar Airways provides a flight in and out of Krabi, via Doha International Airport. Thai Airways can offer a direct flight to Bangkok and then a connecting domestic flight to Krabi International Airport.
What are the major international airports in Krabi?
The Krabi International Airport (KBV) serves the town of Krabi. Krabi town is the capital of the District and Province of Krabi, through which the Krabi River flows. The airport is about 7 kilometres away from the Krabi town centre and it handled about 4 million passengers in 2017. The expansion project of the airport is well underway and would push the handling capacity to 5 million passengers.
What are the entry requirements to Krabi for British travellers?
The British passport holder has a visa exemption to visit the country for the first thirty days. This waiver can be further extended for another thirty days by visiting the many immigration offices open throughout the country. The British government strongly advises its citizens to not to overstay the visa tenure. In the event you overstay your visa, you might be fined 500 Thai Baht (around £12) per day, with a top ceiling of 20,000 Baht (around £470). As of March 2016, the Thai authorities can enforce detention if the overstay is beyond 42 days and the visitor can be barred from entering the country ever again.
What is the best time to visit Krabi?
The best time to visit Krabi is in the dry season, which is between the months of September and April. The dry season is when Krabi loses that extra rainwater it had been soaking up like a sponge during the monsoon season. The air is cleaner and fresh. The temperature also rarely strays beyond 25°C; an ideal temperature for swimming, snorkelling and of course sunbathing. So bask in the healthy rays of the Krabi sun and absorb some of the free vitamin D, away from that chilly British winter.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Krabi?
The cheapest time to visit Krabi is in the monsoon season that starts from May and ends in early September. The heavy clouds begin to rise from the Bay of Bengal in May and shed their weight on the Thai mainland. The downpour is not continuous but it is intense. Coming to Krabi, in this part of the year would be cost-effective. The resorts and beaches would be empty, the prices would be lower than usual and you would have all the more to experience.
What are the major landmarks in Krabi?
Initially, Krabi had been an ‘elephant farm’ of a local vizier, so that he could supply the animals to the nearby towns for training and heavy lifting. The rich culture and the fertile earth of the area has created a dynamic and nature loving society. The town has been part of the Thai and Buddhist culture since time immemorial.
- The story goes that a Vipassana monk climbed up the mountain to a cave to meditate. Guarding the holy cave were two tigers. The cave has a giant paw print on its inner walls. The monk gained his enlightenment in the temple and since then the Tiger Cave Temple (Wat Tham Suea) was considered a holy site. The staircase to the temple has 1,237 steps. On top of the mountain is a gilded statue of Buddha. The polished marble floor and the jagged rock walls of the temple cave are an enticing artistic contrast to behold.
- The Ao Thalane mangrove is an excellent place to learn and enjoy kayaking. Many guides would claim to assist you through the experience but trust only the ones you know will provide a better service. The mangrove forest is right along the limestone cliff that juts straight up into the sky. The stalagmites wrap the insides of the age-old caverns. Your kayak would be guided through the thick of the mangrove forest, paddling under the wrinkly towering limestone walls and into caves. A complete experience would take about 2 to 3 hours.
- Tab Kak Hang Nak Hill Nature Trail is one for the able-bodied, but for those who are not as athletic can take the trail as a defiant challenge. The trail is the most visited and loved attraction in Krabi and the views at the top are well worth the climb. As you climb the hill, streams and waterfalls greet the traveller, the sound of the splashing water refreshes your soul. Roots jut out of the earth near the water streams and pools, as if trying to clutch and grab the essential moisture with their woody fingers. A Wooden staircase aids you in climbing the steeper part of the trail and also prevents visitors from disturbing the flora and fauna below. At the top, you can feel the jungle growing under your feet. As the green of the jungle ceases at the coast, the blue of the sea continues until the white of the clouds at the horizon declares its dominion over the sky.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Krabi?
Songkran is a festival that is celebrated on the Thai Lunar New Year that falls in mid-April. Images and statues of Buddha are washed on this day and people pay respects to their elders by washing their hands in fragrant water and praying for their ancestors. Visit the temples on this day for a special glimpse into the Krabi culture. The Krabi International Rock Climbing Festival encourages people to be involved in rock climbing facilities in Krabi. With steep limestone cliffs framed with gorgeous natural beauty and reliable infrastructure, Krabi can inspire you to start rock climbing in April each year. Krabi has a large population of Sea Gipsies. Each year, on the first full moon of the 6th and the 11th Lunar month, the sea gipsies dance and cheer with their traditional songs. The procession then turns to the boats and paddles into the sea, under the moonlight. By doing so, the participants are said to gain good fortune. Loi Krathong, like in many other parts of Thailand is also celebrated in Krabi. Biodegradable miniature boats are set out to sea, carrying a candle representing the prayers, hopes and dreams of the worshippers. As the boats move further into the sea, it seems like a galaxy has descended from the heavens and has fallen in love with the waves.
How to get around in Krabi?
Krabi is the city of the Songthaew. Songthaews are pickup trucks that have their carriages converted to accommodate a seating arrangement. Songthaews usually are painted brown and white depending on which route they take. They zip through the city and take passengers from stops along the way. The vehicle owners have a tendency to overcharge from tourists so it’s best to check the price from a number of these vehicles before hopping into one. Alternatively, one could hire a car. The rental car company keeps 20,000 to 30,000 Baht as insurance through your credit card which is refundable once the car is returned unscathed. A day on a hired car would cost around 2,500 to 3,000 Baht, including fuel.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Krabi?
Krabi is the lotus flower of Thailand. You can smell the aroma of this beautiful city and experience its serenity from any one of the following five-star hotels.
- Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort
- Rayavadee Resort
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort