Bargain deals for return flights to Bangkok
Want to know more about Bangkok before your trip? Our travel guide to Bangkok gives you all the information you need to know!
What are the most popular direct or connecting flight options for Bangkok?
Bangkok is all you need in your next vacations. The fluttering streets of Bangkok have enchanted visitors en masse for a long time. You can avail flights from your nearest UK airports either from London Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow.
- Thailand’s national flag carrier, Thai Airways offers direct flights from Heathrow to Bangkok. The top choice of the residents of Thailand not only connects UK airports with Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok but also with regional destinations in Thailand.
- British Airways is one of the first preferences for travelling from Heathrow to Bangkok. British Airways not only manages direct flights from London Heathrow to Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok but also take off from Glasgow, Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester.
- EVA Air captures the major customer’s share due to its affordability as well direct flights to Bangkok from London Heathrow. Economy airfare deals are available with Eva Air round the clock.
- KLM is also a good option for indirect flights via Amsterdam. KLM’s airfare deals for Bangkok are available from Manchester, Heathrow, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- If you are looking for a stopover at Dubai then Emirates can also be a good alternative. It offers about 20-25 flights daily from Heathrow, and about 15 flights from Glasgow.
- Qatar Airways also offers flights from Heathrow, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow with it’s stopover at Doha.
- Star Alliance member, Singapore Airlines, is also offering indirect Bangkok flights from London Heathrow, with its stopover at Singapore.
Most Opted Routes from UK to Bangkok:
These are the routes that travellers from UK prefer when booking
- London Heathrow (LHR) to Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Manchester (MAN) to Bangkok (BKK)
- Glasgow (GLA) to Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) via Heathrow
How much is the average flight duration from UK to Bangkok?
- Thai Airways offers two direct flights daily to Bangkok from Heathrow Airport. Minimum flight duration is 11h 15m or with the gap of 15-20m. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, there is only one direct flight to Bangkok.
- Direct flights with British Airways are available at Heathrow airport. Flight duration is 11h 35m. If you opt to travel from Manchester, flight duration would be 14h minimum to 31h 50m maximum.
- EVA Air offers direct flights from Heathrow which takes 11h 30m approximately to reach the destination and are considered being suitable for passengers who want to avail cheaper fares.
- If you choose Emirates Airlines, you can avail connecting flights from Heathrow airport via Dubai with a minimum flight duration of 15h and maximum flight duration 27h 45m. You can also depart from Glasgow, Manchester or Gatwick.
- KLM offers connecting flights from Heathrow to Bangkok via Amsterdam. Minimum flight duration is 13h and maximum is 19h 5m.
- Jet Airways services can be availed from UK airports for flights via Bombay with average time durations of approx. 15h 30m. It also operates via Delhi with minimum flight duration of 17h and maximum duration of 26h 10m.
- If you opt for Singapore Airlines, it’s 5 Star flight services can be availed from Heathrow to Bangkok via Singapore. It is likely to consume maximum 17h 10m and minimum 14h 40m to arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK).
What is the average baggage allowance on flights to Bangkok from major UK airports?
Whether you're travelling for a short trip or packing for a long trip, there are some absolutely necessary belongings you would like to take along with you:
- If you choose to travel with British Airways you can carry one hang bag and an additional cabin bag, whereas for check- in luggage its 1 bag of maximum 23kg for Economy Class, 2 bags of maximum 23 kg each for Premium Economy and 3 bags of maximum 32kg each for Business Class.
- Emirates Airlines has one of the world's most munificent baggage policy. Economy Class customers can check in up to 35kg with an additional hand carry whose weight must not surpass 7 kg., Business Class travellers 40kg and if you are flying Premium Class you can take a trip with 50kg of checked baggage with two pieces of hand carry whose weight must not exceed 7kg.
- KLM sets limits up to one piece of maximum 23 kg for the Economy Class and two pieces of maximum 32 kg each for Business Class. You can carry a hand bag of maximum 12 kg in the former and 18 kg in the latter.
- Jet Airways allows you one piece of maximum 30 kg for Economy Class and 50 kg for Business Class.
- If your journey includes travelling with Qatar Airways then your check- in luggage can be 50 kg for First Class, 40 kg for Business Class and 30 kg for Economy Class. For hand carry you can take up to two pieces of maximum 15kg for First and Business Class while one piece of maximum 7 kg for Economy Class.
Most searched accommodation options in Bangkok:
Comfortable hotels and lodging amenities play a significant role during a trip away from home. It is vital to provide relaxed accommodation to people from varied economical backgrounds. While five star hotels can accommodate the needs of affluent visitors, small and medium range hotels and lodging houses are available for use by any middle- class traveller. Five star lavish hotels include:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
- The Siam, Bangkok
- The Okura Prestige, Bangkok
- Oriental Residence Bangkok
- Peninsula Bangkok
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Tourists Attractions in Bangkok:
Bangkok is a year round destination for a commendable holiday. Every time of year has a distinctive charisma and the city is at its enthralling best throughout the year. Though the peak season is between November and March when the tourism activities are particularly high. New Year festivities are celebrated in the months of March, April and May which endure relatively high temperature.
A cultural hub, shopping retreat and a tourist’s treasury, Bangkok is one of the most cosmopolitan and contrasting of Asian cities. Provocative and throbbing, and yet a pleasant metropolis of more than ten million souls...Bangkok is thrilling as anything but addictive at the same time.
There are many places to visit in Bangkok that includes few of the following:
- Wat Arun (the Temple of Dawn), Riverside: Wat Arun, locally known as Wat Chaeng, is located on the west (Thonburi) bank of the Chao Phraya River. It is one of the splendid sightseeing places.
- Grand Palace & Wat Phra Kaew, Old City: It is one of the must see site as it’s the city’s most famous landmark. It captivates many tourists because of its dazzling and magnificent structure.
- Floating Market, Damnoen saduak: It is the world famous floating market and the mesmerizing scene is an everlasting snapshot of stupendous Thailand, Chinatown (Yaowarat).
- Wat pho, Old City: It is a Buddhist temple complex in the Phra Nakhon District, Bangkok. It is known as the origin of traditional Thai massage which is still taught and practiced at the temple in a customary manner.
- Chao Phraya River & Waterways, Riverside: This is surely going to be one of the most wonderful explorations out of this glorious city. The splendid fascination of dining at the cruise adds perspective to your journeying of the city's leading attractions.
What are the top eateries and restaurants in Bangkok, Thailand?
When it comes to dining in Bangkok, the problem is not what, where, or even when to eat. With so many possibilities on every nook and corner of the city, you might be in awe how best to experience it all. Whether you are looking for sophisticated atmosphere, trend, suaveness, or even ambience that disregards any attribute you know, or a brush with world’s well known celebrity chefs, Bangkok has a variety of food to offer.
Following are the few top rated restaurants in Bangkok that offer Thai cuisine:
- Issaya Siamese Club
- Le Du Restaurant
- Bo Lan
- Sra Bua by KIIN KIIN at Siam Kempiniski
If you want to try out international cuisine then you may visit:
- Le Beaulieu at Plaza Athenee (French)
- Seven Spoons (European)
- Eat me (International)
Handy tips To Know before your departure flight to Bangkok!
- Fly with British Airways, Eva Air and Thai Airways if you are looking for direct flights to Bangkok.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport caters for flights to and from Bangkok.
- Each week more than 4500 international flights depart from Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok.
- It takes about 12.5 hours for a flight from London to bangkok.
- 5930 miles is the flight distance between London and Bangkok.
- The airlines travellers choose to fly to Bangkok from United Kingdom are Gulf Air, Vietnam Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Jet Airways, Qatar Airways, China Southern Airlines, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific, Finn Air and Austrian Airlines.
- British Airways operates one direct flight daily from London Heathrow to Bangkok.
- BA Bangkok flights from Heathrow take off in the afternoon.
- Gulf Air flies from London Heathrow daily via a stopover in Bahrain.
- Eva Air operates one direct flights daily to Bangkok from London Heathrow and takes off in evening.
- Fly to Bangkok from all major airports in UK.
Other Airports near Bangkok
Airlines that fly to Bangkok
FAQs about Bangkok
Will I find any accommodations even if I arrive to Bangkok in the middle of the night?
Yes, you will find a place to stay even if you arrive in Bangkok in the middle of the night as Bangkok is a city which keeps on going 24/7. You will quite easily find a suitable room in the main tourist areas of the city. They include, areas of Sukhumvit road, Khao San road and etc.