Malaysia Airlines - Flight Routes and Traveller Information
The king of flights to Malaysia and Australia, Malaysian Airline is popular among the masses as a reliable and luxury airline specially recommended for Holiday makers. Malaysian Airline is the national carrier of Malaysia (as the name suggests), and a tough competition for Malaysian domestic flights. Here are some facts about the airline that one must know to feel special while flying on Malaysian Airline:
- Flying Days: Malaysian Airline flies nearly seven days and week 365 days a year however; one must always double check in busy and black out period.
- Flight Routes: Malaysia Airlines operates flights from its home base, Kuala Lumpur International Airport and maintains a strong presence in Southeast Asia, East Asia, South Asia, Middle East and on the Kangaroo Route between Europe and Australasia.
- Malaysia Airlines also operated transatlantic flights from Kuala Lumpur to Newark, via Stockholm and operates transpacific flights from Kuala Lumpur to Los Angeles, via Taipei.
- Malaysia Airlines maintain a reputation for high standards of service, and are a popular choice for onward connections and cheap flights to Australia and various cities within Asia.
- The airline's main departure airport in UK is London Heathrow airport. However, it also provides flights from Aberdeen, Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester with code share airlines.
- Change over Times & Connections: Malaysian Airline flights from London Heathrow to major worldwide destinations including flights to Sydney, involve around 1.5 to 2 hours changeover in Kuala Lumpur, however flights to Malaysia are direct. Also, stop over is permitted in most cases where one can have a night or two in Kuala Lumpur before moving on to Australia or other destinations.
- Standard of Service & Awards: Malaysia Airlines was ranked second with score 88 in Aviation Week's Top Performing Companies. Also, it is one of only six airlines to be given a 5-star status airline by Skytrax (the other 5 are Asiana Airlines from South Korea, Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong, Qatar Airways from Qatar, Singapore Airlines from Singapore and Kingfisher Airlines.
- Malaysia Airlines premium cabins and Economy Class have won numerous awards for excellence in product and service delivery.
- Online Check In Facility: Passengers may check-in between 2 and 48 hours prior to flight departure, through online check in. Online printing of boarding passes is available through internet check-in.
- Plane Craft / Flight Numbers: The flight numbers from London Heathrow are single digit flight numbers as MH 1 & MH 3. The airline code or Slogan is MH.
- Malaysia Airlines operates a fleet (88+) of aircraft with two-cabin and three-cabin configurations. The B777-200 fleet has a two-cabin configuration, with Golden Club Class and Economy Class. The B747-400 fleet has a three-cabin configuration, also including First Class. The A330-300 Air Bus, A330-200 Air Bus and B737-400 aircraft have a two-cabin configuration.
- Seat Map and In-flight Entertainment: The seat map for Boeing 777-200 (772) is 2:5:2 in economy, while 2:3:2 in business and economy (Seat Type: Recliner). The leg room, foot rest and adjustable lumber support in standard seats and lie flat business class seats are comfortable and convenient for all travelers. In flight entertainment includes video (personal screen), audio, food, AC power and Infant care.
- Baggage Allowance: Entitlement on board, First Class 40kg, Golden Club Class 30kg and Economy Class 20kg with a 7 - 8 kilos in hand carry. In peak seasons or promotions, the baggage limit may vary or be increased.
- Children Aboard: Malaysian Airline is very child friendly airline offering child fare discounts, chaperon service for unaccompanied minors and same baggage as adults for children above 2 years while a ten kilos for Infants. Infants without a seat get up to 90% off on their base fare. The airport taxes for Child as well as infant remain the same as adult.
Malaysian Airline is the finest carrier for direct flights to Malaysia, also cheap flights to Australia and Far East destinations with Malaysian Airline are offered at very competitive and low flight fares.