Cheap Flights to Melbourne
Find cheap flights to Melbourne, Australia's European counterpart with a cool weather, filled with enriching experiences whether it is arts, culture, sports or simply a fun vacation. TravelHouseuk's Budget-savvy deals to Melbourne allow you to make an informed decision and enjoy comfort and affordability. From a vast database of airlines and flight deals, you can simply search for best possible airfares from all major UK airports to Melbourne. Send us a query or call our experienced travel experts for a customized flight from anywhere in the UK to Melbourne.
Bargain deals for return flights to Melbourne
Still thinking, where to go in Melbourne? Read our Melbourne travel guide for all you need to know before you take your flight.
Why visit Melbourne?
Melbourne is that one city of extraordinary Australia that will let you unravel the natural beauty of this mighty land while boasting the glitz and glamour of a truly cosmopolitan city. Melbourne offers you a complete packaged holiday offering you just about the perfect taste of everything that awaits you in a thriving eastern city of Australia. From a rich cultural vibe, thriving arts and theatre, beautiful and exotic parks, an exquisite opportunity to explore Australia's extraordinary wildlife and not to mention, a shopping escapade that deals with both high-end and budget deals, Melbourne has all this and a whole lot more.
If you love musicals and theatrical performances, Melbourne is just the place for you. The city is known to boast a rich theatrical scene that is adored by not only the locals but also the tourists alike. From high-budget performances to solo shows, you will always have something going on to keep you entertained. Then there are indulgent bars and coffee shops that the city is famed for that you definitely do not want to miss.
How far is the airport from city centre?
Melbourne Airport is located approximately 23.2km from Melbourne city.
Which major airlines fly to Melbourne from UK?
China Southern Airline, Malaysia Airlines, Etihad Airways, Royal Brunei Airlines, China Eastern Airline, Air China, British Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific, Virgin Atlantic and Qantas are some of the major airlines flying to Melbourne city from UK.
How to travel to city centre from the airport?
There are a number of transportation options available at Melbourne Airport for travelling to the city.
- Skybus Express Bus Service offers transportation to and from the airport to the city center. This is a reliable and a very convenient way of getting to the city as the service runs 24 hours a day and throughout the year, including all the major public holidays. Other bus services also connect to some of the major spots in Melbourne city. Details of these routes can be obtained from Melbourne Airport's website.
- Taxi ranks are available at all terminals, outside Terminals 1 and betweenTerminal 2and 3 of the airport for your comfort and convenience.
- Five of the major car rental agencies are also available at the airport. This is a more convenient option especially if your stay in Melbourne is for long.
What are the visa requirements for UK nationals?
British Citizens and British National Overseas are required to apply for ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) which is similar to an eVisitor visa. Both allow entry into Australia for 3 months. You are also required to be in possession of a valid passport that does not expire at least for six months further to your intended last day of stay.
Is there any airline flying daily to Melbourne?
Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Cathay Pacific and Qantas are some of the major airlines taking daily flight routes to Melbourne, Australia.
How to get around the city?
Melbourne has an easy grid that makes it convenient to locate all the major attractions of the city. One of the most convenient ways of travelling around the city is by getting hold of the myki cards for travelling on the city's trains, trams and buses.This card can be purchased directly online from their website. Melbourne Trains are the most affordable means of travelling to some of the city's major attractions.
- The city also offers The City Circle Tram which is a free service circling the city. This is one of the best ways for exploring the major landmarks of Melbourne.
- Taxi ranks are easily navigable within the city.
- If you are seeking to explore the outskirts of Melbourne, then it will be wise to hire your own car.
What’s the best time to visit Melbourne?
Australia experiences the reverse of seasons of the north. Summer in Melbourne is witnessed during the months of December to February and can usually get a little uncomfortable due to the summer heat and humidity. The months of March and May and September and November are considered to be the best time to visit Melbourne city owing to the city's pleasant temperatures.
Average flight time to Melbourne from UK?
It takes an average flights time of 22 hrs 20 mins to reach Melbourne city from UK.
Best and preferable airlines to fly from UK to Melbourne
Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Cathay Pacific and Qantas are some of the leading and most preferred airlines to fly from UK to Melbourne.
Preferable Airlines with Cheapest Airfares?
Royal Brunei Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Emirates, China Southern Airline and China Eastern Airline offer some of the cheapest airfares to fly to Melbourne.
Is there any direct flight to Melbourne from UK?
Qantas and Virgin Atlantic offer direct flight routes to Melbourne city from UK.
Which airline takes less time to fly to Melbourne?
Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates are known to take lesser flight time to reach Melbourne.
How is the in-flight entertainment system?
Qantas Airline offers quality inflight entertainment systems on all its international long haul flights. The airline prides in offering an extensive list of entertainment options to choose from that includes up to 100 movies, over 500 television programs, 1000 CDs, 20 radio channels and 80 games. Selected Qantas aircrafts, B767 aircraft and B717 aircraft also offers wireless entertainment streaming directed to supplied iPads in every seat.
Virgin Atlantic offers the latest audio video on demand system on all its long haul flights featuring a range of entertainment options that you can choose from. Choose from an endless list of blockbuster movies, top rated comedies, pioneering nature programmes, award-winning documentaries and the best music playlists.
Emirates prides in offering one of the best inflight entertainment systems for the 9th year in running. Choose from a list of entertainment options that includes a range of movies, top rated TV programs from across the globe, music, top rated interactive games and a whole lot more.
High ranked and preferable airlines for business class flights to Melbourne?
Emirates, Malaysia Airlines and Cathay Pacific offer some of the best and top-rated business class flights to Melbourne.
- Melbourne heads the entire state of Victoria, and is one of the economic powerhouses of the country.
- Its vast expanse has been divided with numerous districts ranging over suburbs and central business districts.
- The city has a massive tram network serving most commutation requirements in and around its perimeters.
- Apart from the main Tullamarine Airport, Avalon Airport is the minor Airport for reaching Melbourne, attending to cheaper flights under domestic airliners.
- Both Asian and European air operators are active for facilitating flights under bargain deals, varying anything between direct to multi stop flights.
- Along with economy class, business class flights to Melbourne are also served on a regular basis.
- Melbourne is the most active Australian city when it comes to sports, hosting international matches as well as local club leagues for rugby, football, and cricket.
- Professional Horse racing also lists among popular cultures to have a prominent fan following.
- The weather remains highly volatile to change, with fluctuating temperatures observed around the year.
- With numerous immigrant communities existent, international cuisines are readily available in central commercial areas.
- Search amongst our range of Christmas flights to Melbourne and fly to one of Australia’s best to have a memorable Christmas holiday.
- Meal (three course) for 2, at a mid-range restaurant in Melbourne is approximately £ 47.34.
Handy Tips To Know Before your departure flight to Melbourne!
- Treat yourself at one of Melbourne's multi-award winning restaurant Attica. The restaurant is definitely worth a dine-in when in the city. You can also get great deals on Tuesday night's Chef's Table.
- Care for some delicious wine alongside scrumptiously appetizing Italian bites? Head out to the famed, award-winning Gerald's Bar to indulge in one of the best bars in town.
- Gill's Diner is another one of Melbourne's fine restaurants serving authentic and delicious European food that is definitely a must-try for all.
- Craving for some Italian? Grossi Florentino offers one of the finest Italian Menus with impeccable service served in the perfectly created ambiance.